[WCCFTECH] AMD Confirms Navi GPU Launching In Q3 2019 - Page 14 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[WCCFTECH] AMD Confirms Navi GPU Launching In Q3 2019

post #131 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter
April 2020

Rep: 309 (Unique: 236)
Quote: Originally Posted by zealord View Post
I think that close to Vega VII performance for $600 would be a disappointment. I could buy a Vega VII for 640€ or so right now and it comes with 16GB HBM2 (and maybe even free games I guess).
Navi has to do much better than that imho.

I still hope for a much more reasonable product and an absolute price/perf banger that has performance that is atleast somewhat desirable for 1440p gaming.
The worst thing that could happen imho is if Navi cards are worse than the RTX 2060.
I should've clarified. $600 U.S., thats €536. I'm expecting RTX performance @ GTX pricing.

PCMR
(17 items)
CPU
RYZEN 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK TAICHI X370
GPU
RADEON VEGA VII
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM (x2)
Hard Drive
8TB Seagate Barracuda Hard drive internal 3.5" (x2)
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S (CPU COOLER)
Cooling
Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Blue LED Fan (X6)
Case
LIAN LI PC-V760B
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q - LED monitor - 4K - 27"
Keyboard
VORTEX POK3R WHITE EDITION
Mouse
LOGITECH G305 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Headphones
Other
Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Modded
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 05:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 398 (Unique: 205)
Quote: Originally Posted by keikei View Post
I should've clarified. $600 U.S., thats €536. I'm expecting RTX performance @ GTX pricing.
Yeah, though we have taxes on it, so that is still a lot of money imho. I would probably not buy that for a card that is close to the Vega VII.
It comes down to the actual product. I mean what does "close to the Vega VII" mean? The RTX 2070 is close to the Vega VII and I can buy that for 460€.
Very hard to say, also depends on VRAM. I mean why would I want to buy a "close to Vega VII" Navi card for 550-600€ with 8GB GDDR VRAM if I could buy a Vega VII with 16GB HBM2 for 640€ or so.

I would much prefer a RTX 2070 performance card with 8GB GDDR6 VRAM for 350€, which should be easily possible imho.

Quote: Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
I do not think Navi will break new performance levels but I am sure it will improve price/perf. If rumors are true, Navi seems like the first GDDR5 GPU AMD released. 4850/4870.
Yeah there is no way it will come close to the RTX 2080 Ti. I think even RTX 2080 is probably wishful thinking.

post #133 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 06:55 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 300 (Unique: 219)
It needs to have better performance/price and performance/power ratios than competition. Also even if those are met people have to be able to buy the product which is something AMD and also Nvidia struggle with on new releases.

Everyone on RTX will probably be disappointed when looking at Navi as it will offer nothing more than what they already have. Bigger Navi will come who knows when, later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
April 2020

Rep: 309 (Unique: 236)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
It needs to have better performance/price and performance/power ratios than competition. Also even if those are met people have to be able to buy the product which is something AMD and also Nvidia struggle with on new releases.

Everyone on RTX will probably be disappointed when looking at Navi as it will offer nothing more than what they already have. Bigger Navi will come who knows when, later.
No doubt those handful (i want to jokingly say literally here) of buyers will be. I bet most of those early adopters were game devs.

PCMR
(17 items)
CPU
RYZEN 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK TAICHI X370
GPU
RADEON VEGA VII
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM (x2)
Hard Drive
8TB Seagate Barracuda Hard drive internal 3.5" (x2)
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S (CPU COOLER)
Cooling
Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Blue LED Fan (X6)
Case
LIAN LI PC-V760B
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q - LED monitor - 4K - 27"
Keyboard
VORTEX POK3R WHITE EDITION
Mouse
LOGITECH G305 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Headphones
Other
Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Modded
▲ hide details ▲
post #135 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 398 (Unique: 205)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

I mean of course people who are on RTX will be disappointed. Those are brand new expensive graphic cards.

Navi will probably be for the reasonable consumer that doesn't want to pay $800 for an 8GB VRAM graphics card in 2019.

post #136 of 136 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 67 (Unique: 48)
Quote: Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post
If Navi ends up hot and hungry and we get first generation teething problems on the next architecture, we’ll probably have to wait until 2022 for the first chance at getting an AMD card that runs as intended.
Isn't Intel wanting to be in consumers hands by 2020 with their GPU's?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in