[techradar] Razer RGB Toast(er) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[techradar] Razer RGB Toast(er)

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 08:26 AM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Rep: 113 (Unique: 78)
This is really cool of them. To listen to fans, and follow through with a promise.

I'll buy one for that reason alone lol.

Not sure why ever mention of Razer Devolves into a Razer hate thread either. I have about 30 Razer products in this house, Of that we have had 3-4 fail prematurely, which the warranty was either up or easy to deal with (cut the cord and new one is on the way) my entire family uses Razer products pretty exclusively, even my non gaming wife and kids like Razer and use Razer, and we have no issues.

All these complaints are either fiction or super duper bad luck. I know everyone is bound to have a Razer product or 2 fail, they sell mass amounts of them, of course there is duds. It's just so old seeing them always catch hate.

Same with Asus, people always hating on Asus, I have never had an Asus device die on me, ever, and I buy alot of Asus (mostly Mobos)

My siggy so empty frown.gif
Favorite OCN Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire go_quote.gif

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 525 (Unique: 296)
my razer hate train comes from years ago, when they first started doing yearly models. Overall build quality dropped per model, (hidden behind better rubber pads & mouse gliders) & not to mention, extreme QA issues... personally experienced (specially with their adjustable mouse) & rampantly posted over the web.

Things have definitely smoothed out, but they still don't get my money anymore

oh right, and software requirement = no deal.

software that reminds me to try to install it every time I toggle device power = no deal.

Last edited by skupples; 05-03-2019 at 10:18 AM.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 10:29 AM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 208 (Unique: 132)
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post
This is really cool of them. To listen to fans, and follow through with a promise.

I'll buy one for that reason alone lol.

Not sure why ever mention of Razer Devolves into a Razer hate thread either. I have about 30 Razer products in this house, Of that we have had 3-4 fail prematurely, which the warranty was either up or easy to deal with (cut the cord and new one is on the way) my entire family uses Razer products pretty exclusively, even my non gaming wife and kids like Razer and use Razer, and we have no issues.

All these complaints are either fiction or super duper bad luck. I know everyone is bound to have a Razer product or 2 fail, they sell mass amounts of them, of course there is duds. It's just so old seeing them always catch hate.

Same with Asus, people always hating on Asus, I have never had an Asus device die on me, ever, and I buy alot of Asus (mostly Mobos)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
my razer hate train comes from years ago, when they first started doing yearly models. Overall build quality dropped per model, (hidden behind better rubber pads & mouse gliders) & not to mention, extreme QA issues... personally experienced (specially with their adjustable mouse) & rampantly posted over the web.

Things have definitely smoothed out, but they still don't get my money anymore

oh right, and software requirement = no deal.

software that reminds me to try to install it every time I toggle device power = no deal.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 525 (Unique: 296)
basically -

some folks are also harder on some things than others.

I'd assume having 30+ very similiar products means some of them vary rarely get used...

unless he has an army of kids, each one with kb, m, headset, mat, laptop... uhhhh toaster then all 30 devices would get used regularly.

i also stated its possible this has changed. I haven't given them a dime since 2012, or earlier.

their reputation went into the toilet, and those of us that've been around for awhile remember it, n those of us that remember it refuse to give them another chance... Then some folks simply don't want to deal with virus tier software for their mice, or any kinda software. If the mouse can't do whats advertised via onboard solutions, it's garbage.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Kill Confirmed

Rep: 65 (Unique: 55)
Never had any trouble with Razer products either, aside from a headset band that snapped prematurely. I epoxied it back together and it's working fine for me.

People are largely irrational when it comes to consumer products and brand loyalty. And that'll never change.

As for the toaster, does it leave the Razer snake logo on your freshly cooked toast?

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:31 PM
mfw

Rep: 362 (Unique: 191)
Quote: Originally Posted by speed_demon View Post
Never had any trouble with Razer products either, aside from a headset band that snapped prematurely. I epoxied it back together and it's working fine for me.

People are largely irrational when it comes to consumer products and brand loyalty. And that'll never change.
"Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions."

Depending on which side of the fence one is, one might think I'm either being supportive or critical. However, it's important to not miss the forest for the trees.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Corepadded Logitech G703
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:57 PM
April 2020

Rep: 309 (Unique: 236)
Smart marketing. I havent read anything Razer recently till now. Do i want a rgb toaster? No, but their brand is burned in my mind for a bit.

PCMR
(17 items)
CPU
RYZEN 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK TAICHI X370
GPU
RADEON VEGA VII
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM (x2)
Hard Drive
8TB Seagate Barracuda Hard drive internal 3.5" (x2)
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S (CPU COOLER)
Cooling
Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Blue LED Fan (X6)
Case
LIAN LI PC-V760B
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q - LED monitor - 4K - 27"
Keyboard
VORTEX POK3R WHITE EDITION
Mouse
LOGITECH G305 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Headphones
Other
Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Modded
▲ hide details ▲
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Just another nerd

Rep: 332 (Unique: 238)
Quote: Originally Posted by Melan View Post
Probably requires synapse too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post
I can sum it up in one word: Synapse. It is a scourge upon humanity.

Logitech for mice, Corsair for gaming keyboards. No software installed. All settings and profiles live in the device's memory, FTW.

CPU: intel Core i9 9900K - 5 GHz x 8 cores - HT on - 1.26v - Air cooled
MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
GPU: MSI Duke OC RTX 2080 Ti - 380w PL BIOS
RAM: G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200 CL14 @ 3600 CL15 (Samsung B-die)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3
CASE: "Open bench" - Stripped down Tt Core X9

Last edited by ryan92084; 05-03-2019 at 05:25 PM.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:32 PM
Kill Confirmed

Rep: 65 (Unique: 55)
In a semi-related tangent, I showed my buddy the Razer Project Valerie three screen laptop and he had his credit card out and wanted to order one right then. Didn't care if it was $6k or even if it was decently equipped he wanted it. Razer has that kind of brand identity even with non gamers it would seem.

Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
"Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions."

Depending on which side of the fence one is, one might think I'm either being supportive or critical. However, it's important to not miss the forest for the trees.
Yep. Something something - Lies, damned lies, and statistics. One can always twist the appearance of information to suit a purpose and obfuscate the reality of things.

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 43)
So I can't customize my bread anymore?

Anatolii
(14 items)
CPU
Intel i7 [email protected]
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 Designare EX
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FE
RAM
GSkill TridentZ 64GB DDR4 3200mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 500gb
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Micron 1100 2TB SSD
Power Supply
Seasonic SilentSnow 1050w
Cooling
EK/Bitpower Custom Loop
Case
Caselabs White SMA8
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Samsung 55KS8500 4K
Audio
Logitech Z-5500
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Kiros; 05-03-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Tags
Razer , rgb , toast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in