[GamersNexus] Ryzen 3000 release date - Page 59 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[GamersNexus] Ryzen 3000 release date

post #581 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 03:35 AM
Sexagenarian

Rep: 28 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by springs113 View Post
Ive been sitting idly by... but this right here takes the cake. It is ppl like you that goes this industry messed up, it's ppl like you who see a rumor with a label "grain of salt" and get mad when the info don't directly line up. You sit here and complain about AMDs pricing... what is the cost of an Intel 8, 12 and 16 core?

Nvidia sells a 2080ti for 1300 and ppl buy it up, then complain about AMD pricing. As far as we know it, everything AMD is releasing next month is faster/cheaper than its direct competitor... yet ppl complain about pricing. Yall are crazy, AMD is a business and a business is in business to make money. It doesn't matter what the price is if it's better/cheaper than its competitors. I urge you to go buy an Intel 16 core processor and a 2080ti.

When AMD was the market leader in price/perf, majority still bought Intel and Nvidia. What do you expect a company to do? They sell better for cheaper and ppl still buy the more expensive crap. AMD is not here to make Intel and Nvidia's products cheaper.

Lastly, if you cant afford it don't buy it, it's as simple as that. If you weren't going to buy it anyways, don't complain about its pricing.
I paid 1k for my 1950x, this 3950x is a lot faster and 250 less, what is there to complain about?
It is people like you that have caused the problem , apologists for billion dollar companies , that just must have the new toy no matter how ridiculous prices become .
I am in my 60s , retired ( still gaming ) I have been mucking with computers since my first Apple IIe in 1985 , I am coming to the end of my pc hobby , and am saddened by the damage that the "must have culture " has brought
The people running these big companies are ( in the most part ) not stupid if they see a large group of enthusiastic customers just waiting to be milked , they will milk your wallet dry , and you people are clambering to be the first to be milked for their shiny new toys .
And bleed you dry they will given a chance .
My money is staying in my bank account for this rounds , hopefully others will do the same , and AMD will get burned just a little -- won't happen though too many suckers ready to cough up for their must have toys - without people like that Apple would have gone broke a decade ago - so human stupidity is well proven ! Apple is thriving .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 03:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by pony-tail View Post
It is people like you that have caused the problem , apologists for billion dollar companies , that just must have the new toy no matter how ridiculous prices become .

I am in my 60s , retired ( still gaming ) I have been mucking with computers since my first Apple IIe in 1985 , I am coming to the end of my pc hobby , and am saddened by the damage that the "must have culture " has brought

The people running these big companies are ( in the most part ) not stupid if they see a large group of enthusiastic customers just waiting to be milked , they will milk your wallet dry , and you people are clambering to be the first to be milked for their shiny new toys .

My money is staying in my bank account for this rounds , hopefully others will do the same , and AMD will get burned just a little -- won't happen though too many suckers ready to cough up for their must have toys - without people like that Apple would have gone broke a decade ago - so human stupidity is well proven ! Apple is thriving .
Hi pony-tail I do believe what springs113 said is the truth. Seriously when you go and compair AMD to Intel for a similar product AMD is the cheapest and springs argument is that he does not understand why people complain about the pricing.

I've also been playing around with computers since the mid 80's and everything I know I learned through experience. I went from zen to zen+ and will now go to zen 2 in basically 18 months. Ill continue to support AMD as I believe we need them. Think about it, competition is good and keep both companies in check.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

AMD
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
GALAX RTX 2080 TI OC
RAM
G.Skill f4-3200c14d-16gtzr tridentz rgb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300 M.2 SSD
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200i
Cooling
CoolerMaster MLW-D24M-A20PC-R1 MasterLiquid ML240L 240mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U2717D 27" UltraSharp InfinityEdge LED Monitor
▲ hide details ▲
post #583 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 04:05 AM
Sexagenarian

Rep: 28 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by VPII View Post
Hi pony-tail I do believe what springs113 said is the truth. Seriously when you go and compair AMD to Intel for a similar product AMD is the cheapest and springs argument is that he does not understand why people complain about the pricing.

I've also been playing around with computers since the mid 80's and everything I know I learned through experience. I went from zen to zen+ and will now go to zen 2 in basically 18 months. Ill continue to support AMD as I believe we need them. Think about it, competition is good and keep both companies in check.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Short memories - the current prices are a result of Intel , and nVidia price gouging while AMD was not competitive or barely competitive , and AMD wanting a piece of the money grab ,
just a CEO trying to impress their Shareholders an the board . I honestly believe their prices are between $30 to $75 from where they should be .
You are welcome to pay it , but I will not .
Edit -What competition ? they are just matching price or just barely under .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #584 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 04:48 AM
The Challenger

Rep: 281 (Unique: 121)
Short memories - the current prices are a result of Intel , and nVidia price gouging while AMD was not competitive or barely competitive , and AMD wanting a piece of the money grab ,
just a CEO trying to impress their Shareholders an the board . I honestly believe their prices are between $30 to $75 from where they should be .
You are welcome to pay it , but I will not .
No. The current prices are a result of Intel and nVidia price gouging because consumers allowed them to. Always paying more for less. Buying into the hype of buying a new product despite what you currently have being fine. Always buying the same brand because they have the fastest $1000 product, even though at $200 the competition is superior.

It's easy to blame AMD. It's popular to blame AMD. People act as if Bulldozer was the only CPU that AMD ever released. People act as if the 290X didn't match the Titan at less than half the price for over 6 months and people still didn't buy them. People act as if the RX 570 being completely superior and cheaper to a 1050 Ti, and yet the 1050 Ti clouding the Steam charts with the RX 570 nowhere to be seen, is normal.

Now that AMD is stopping the old favors charging ridiculously low prices, suddenly you want to rebel? Why didn't you do it when nVidia was marking up prices every generation? Why didn't you do it when Intel barely gave any performance gains but kept increasing prices? Nah... We can't do that. They're the big players! AMD is just some little budget thing on the side! AMD deserves to be punished! I mean seriously. How strong can the bias against AMD be?

I'm glad AMD is doing this to be honest. Not because it's convenient to me. I would have loved to see the cheaper prices. But I understand that this step is necessary for AMD to command any type of respect. Releasing similar products for cheaper prices has obviously not worked. Despite Ryzen and its great achievements, AMD is somehow STILL seen as the budget brand that needs to sell things ridiculously cheap for everyone else to buy Intel and nVidia cheaper. It's disgusting.
Now, rather than being the first to lower prices, they are baiting their competition into doing it first, and it's great. If they don't do it, whatever. It's not as if they would sell much more anyway, as proven previously. We have Intel in damage control, and surprisingly, even nVidia is in damage control mode for some reason...

Maybe now, the sheep will understand that your money is a vote. But looking at certain replies in here... Even this is not enough apparently. If the bias doesn't change, I honestly hope it gets much much worse. Let entry CPUs and GPUs be $300+. Let's see how long it takes before they start blaming themselves, like they should. All companies are out to make money. It's up to the consumers to protect themselves, and we failed, because, we were too infatuated by the hype of the moment to realize what was happening, and the only one that tried doing things differently was either punished or ignored. I'm glad you get to taste the bitterness now.

Edit -What competition ? they are just matching price or just barely under .
Oh... I would love to hear what your definition of competition is then.

Last edited by NightAntilli; 06-13-2019 at 05:58 AM.
post #585 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:56 AM
mfw

Rep: 367 (Unique: 193)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
even nVidia is in damage control mode for some reason...
Must be because of AMD's superior value or their imminent flagship performance domination.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #586 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:01 AM
Chobro

Rep: 310 (Unique: 237)
Quote: Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
I'm severely tempted by the 16-core, although at the prices the motherboards are likely to be in Japan, I'll probably get a 2950X and an X399 board and enjoy the extra PCI-E lanes and increased RAM capacity (64GB is the absolute, painful minimum for me on any system for work... and even then sometimes 128GB is cutting it a little fine...)

The formatting is messed up. Perhaps character encoding, although I don't see what that would only affect the letter 's'...
There are affordable X570 boards (under $200). The big and flashy ones just get much more attention. I'm eager to see the amount of board reviews. I hear like 50+ different boards will launch.

PCMR
(18 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN 7 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK TAICHI X370
GPU
AMD RADEON VEGA VII
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB NAS HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
8TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860 EVO SSD 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue SSD 2TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S (CPU COOLER)
Cooling
Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Blue LED Fan (X6)
Case
LIAN LI PC-V760B
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q - LED monitor - 4K - 27"
Keyboard
VORTEX POK3R WHITE EDITION
Mouse
LOGITECH G305 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Headphones
Other
Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Joystick modded
▲ hide details ▲
post #587 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:05 AM
The Challenger

Rep: 281 (Unique: 121)
Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
Must be because of AMD's superior value or their imminent flagship performance domination.
Hold off on the sarcasm. Tell me this is not damage control;
https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/nvid...on-alternative
post #588 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 35)
This is most ignorant and ridiculous argument i've ever read! i felt like i wasted my time. you're in your 60's you should be much wiser, but it seems you haven't learn S### to be frank, its quite disappointing. It would have been a different argument if intel and Nvidia was pointed at too but you single out amd the one company that had the cheapest price for last decade of 2 top dogs. your arguments STINKS!!

People are people some will change some won't.

Steam=Mr.Mopar392
Origin=Mr_Mopar392
GAMEZ PC BOX
(15 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard
BioStar X370 GT7
GPU
2 XFX FURY X Crossfire @ 1070 core/525 mem
RAM
16GB DDR4 2666 mhz Crucial Ballistix
Hard Drive
SandDisk Ultra Plus 128GB X2 Raid 0 / seagate 1TB X2 Raid 0
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1600 Watts PSU
Cooling
Alphacool Monsta Rads 360/240.
Cooling
EK MX Supremacy waterblock / 2 x Swiftech Komodo Fury X waterblocks
Case
Rosewill Black Hawk Ultra
Operating System
Windows 10 pro 64Bit
Monitor
Philips BDM4065UC 40" 4k Monitor
Keyboard
Logitech G710+ Gaming Keyboard
Mouse
Corsair M65 Pro Gaming mouse
Mouse
The Arrow TV Series Mouse Pad
Audio
Skully Candy PLYR 2 Headsets
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by jamaican voodoo; 06-13-2019 at 06:29 AM.
post #589 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 529 (Unique: 299)
Quote: Originally Posted by The Robot View Post
Apparently, most people here think AMD is a charity. Also AMD themselves said they don't want to be known as a value brand.
it's actually much deeper than that.

They've been raised from the ground up to believe profit in any form is evil, AMD is aware of this & tries to tread lightly... however, profit is the goal of most corporations, and innovation is the tool used to deliver said profits... At least, when things are functioning properly.

nothing evil about it. Greedy? For sure, but that's the name of the human game. Clearly it worked, or we wouldn't be drowning in a world of $1500 GPUs. AMD wishes they could sell a product to gamers @ that price, they just simply don't have said product yet.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with AMD bringing a competitive product, & introducing it at a high price. We all know it'll be half off within a year.

as to the must have culture, it brings damage everywhere it goes. Not just PCs. Look @ the current state of US politics. This revitalized social attempt is near completely born of "gib now, for free, i deserve it, cuz america & 2019!" (sips $10 coffee, while tapping on $1000 phone, provided by parents) I guess that's really it. All these spoiled kids just want the Govt. to pick up where their folks are leaving off.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #590 of 709 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 10)
New chipset driver for Gigabye X570 is out- who can test if it helps with win 1903?
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...10.08_whql.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3600.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	274246  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3600boost.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	274248  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in