Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[GamersNexus] Ryzen 3000 release date

76K views 786 replies 152 participants last post by  Rei86 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I was hoping for full details tonight but I guess waiting another 2 weeks isn't a huge loss. Looking to replace my 1700 with a 12 core at hopefully much higher clockspeeds.

#3 ·
So we dont really get uch informations to the CPUs today/tomorrow?

#5 · (Edited)
Looks like Intel knows that Ryzen 8c/16t will be faster then 9900K in ST and MT so they will release 9900KS to keep saying "World Fastest Gaming CPU", the Fun part will be when Overclocked, no headroom in 9900KS while AMD gonna have at-least 10~15%.
After another(last time with 28C) 5.0Ghz stunt from intel (9900KS) be ready - AMD will react with good juicy info :).

#6 ·
I just wanna know what AMD will charge for the 16/32 chip.

#9 ·
Oh wow. July 7?? My old i7 3770K is dying on it’s very last legs, and I was trying to hold out for Ryzen 3000. I haven’t been following closely but I was under the impression it would be launched at Computex this week.... I don’t think I can wait 6 more weeks 😕

#11 ·
What negative rumors? Could be just Intel's damage control.

#12 ·
So in other words, the keynote address is going to be a whole lot a nothin'. :confused:

#13 ·
#29 · (Edited)
In order to be successful AMD needs to fine tune their release. Aim too high and it might be bad for profits and / or their image, aim too low and they don't make enough of an impact. That's the dilemma right now. How high can they clock Zen 2 on the current 7nm process? That's the big question, because that will to an extent dictate what they have to release right now to make an impact.

Intel doesn't have anything to counter a 16 core mainstream-ish part, only a 10 core at most on the ring bus, more than that and it will be akin to Skylake-X and not as good for gaming. Besides, does mainstream really need a 16 core CPU right now? In my opinion it's too soon and the performance and power efficiency for a mainstream part is probably not there yet.

A 12 core will thus do for now at the high-end if the performance is there, at say $499. That also keeps their profits reasonable.

The 9900K competitor can come in at $329 for the low power, non X version, and $399 for the X one.

If I were AMD I would wait for 7nm EUV to release the 16 core part, it will improve performance by 10% or bring a 15% efficiency improvement according to this article, and they can thus wait for Intel's Ice Lake and respond at a more leisurely pace and fine tune things with time.

#88 ·
From three hours ago:

In order to be successful AMD needs to fine tune their release. Aim too high and it might be bad for profits and / or their image, aim too low and they don't make enough of an impact. That's the dilemma right now. How high can they clock Zen 2 on the current 7nm process? That's the big question, because that will to an extent dictate what they have to release right now to make an impact.

Intel doesn't have anything to counter a 16 core mainstream-ish part, only a 10 core at most on the ring bus, more than that and it will be akin to Skylake-X and not as good for gaming. Besides, does mainstream really need a 16 core CPU right now? In my opinion it's too soon and the performance and power efficiency for a mainstream part is probably not there yet.

A 12 core will thus do for now at the high-end if the performance is there, at say $499. That also keeps their profits reasonable.

The 9900K competitor can come in at $329 for the low power, non X version, and $399 for the X one.

If I were AMD I would wait for 7nm EUV to release the 16 core part, it will improve performance by 10% or bring a 15% efficiency improvement according to this article, and they can thus wait for Intel's Ice Lake and respond at a more leisurely pace and fine tune things with time.

That's it basically (well, the low power version is also called X this time around).

#33 ·
With all the security nonsense and performance loss due to it, as well as games finally making use of 8+ threads my 4790k is due for an upgrade. I'm not going to go less than a 8c/16t cpu though. I'm just hoping for 4ghz+ w/ decent single thread performance similar to my 4.6ghz 4790k.

#34 ·
That is reasonable I guess and I am certain the 8c/16t CPU is much higher than 4GHZ. The old 2700X is 4.2/4.3 GHZ already and if AMD doesn't manage to go higher than that on 7nm then what the hell are they doing !

About single thread performance I can't say much because I don't know how good the 4790K is exactly right now compared to CPUs from the last 2 years

#40 ·
3800x is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. If the IPC gain is there and it even holds 4.2-4.4 on all cores I'd be golden.

#41 · (Edited)
R7-3700x 65w 8c/16t thats about all i got to see. However he talks about an R9 12c part. :D

If the 3700x is 65w then the 3700 might be like 55w. :)

#42 ·
4.6ghz + IPC bump should be going right into 9900k territory, and if 65W is true, hehe, up the voltage!

#45 ·
I'm still wondering about the Ryzen 3k series 16c/32t part and the 300w figure...there must be more than one SKU because how many X470 boards have a VRM that could even handle 300w ? Perhaps (if rumours are true about the 16c and the salt shakers are put away) the top-flight one will require a new top-end X570 mobo plus w-cooling. I also hope to hear more from Computex about next-gen Threadripper - what with Intel side-channel performance issues and all, TRs look really good for 'prosumer', workstations and folks who want quad-mem and the extra PCIe etc

#46 ·
5 mins and hopefully our answers will be provided within the hour

#47 ·
looking at wccftech's leaked amd keynote . .

nothing confirmed but the leaked benchmarks.

#49 ·
Well he said they'd be announcing their 7nm gpu's... but might just be a poor language barrier

#50 ·
Oh Walter.

#51 ·
Navi time

#52 ·
AMD now working with MS' Azure services

#54 ·
pci-e 4.0 confirmed..

Navi also claiming to have different arch then GCN?

Claiming 25% increase in IPC over Vega based GCN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.