[GamersNexus] Ryzen 3000 release date - Page 68 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[GamersNexus] Ryzen 3000 release date

 
Thread Tools
post #671 of 787 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:35 AM
I <3 narcissists
 
bigjdubb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,468
Rep: 215 (Unique: 135)
Quote: Originally Posted by magnek View Post
Never failed me once except that one time with a certain GPU by a certain company. That was good one they pulled I gotta admit.
Your worse than my ex when it comes to holding a grudge, it's time to move on. You can't let the GTX 970 dictate the rest of your life, be strong and overcome.


Quote: Originally Posted by lifeisshort117 View Post
.....I've had nearly every major new AMD proc starting with Bulldozer (strictly Intel before that) and .....
I feel like you did it backwards. You should have been all AMD and then switched to Intel when bulldozer came out. Some people love the uphill battle though, I can respect that.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲


bigjdubb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #672 of 787 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 01:23 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Rei86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,122
Rep: 67 (Unique: 48)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Can you explain how an 8 core chiplet is a failed part? AMD is able to test the dies before putting the processor together on the substrate.

A 3900x is definitely a failed 3950x. The 3800x base is clocked 300Mhz higher on all 8 cores than the 3700x. So the theory of a 3800x being a failed 3950x just based off power is inaccurate.
Sorry for the late response, long days at work and I only really get on OCN these days during breaks at work or when typing up standard work.

This is the video


Convo about the CPUs starts at 9:20 in and goes all the way to 12mins.
Clearly states his opinion about the 3800X at 105w vs the 3700X that sits at 65w both being 8core CPUs and core speeds being a striking distance of each other.
3800X a failed chiplets and the 3950X being two 8core chiplets.

Rei86 is offline  
post #673 of 787 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 01:33 PM
I <3 narcissists
 
bigjdubb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,468
Rep: 215 (Unique: 135)
Heh. What is this conversation about to descend into...

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲


bigjdubb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #674 of 787 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 01:41 PM
sudo apt install sl
 
WannaBeOCer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,934
Rep: 166 (Unique: 118)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
Sorry for the late response, long days at work and I only really get on OCN these days during breaks at work or when typing up standard work.

This is the video


Convo about the CPUs starts at 9:20 in and goes all the way to 12mins.
Clearly states his opinion about the 3800X at 105w vs the 3700X that sits at 65w both being 8core CPUs and core speeds being a striking distance of each other.
3800X a failed chiplets and the 3950X being two 8core chiplets.
I still don't believe it's a 3950x that failed since Lisa Su showed off a single chiplet Zen 2 chip at Computex 2019 with a system power of 133w. It's just due to the 300Mhz increase in base frequency.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 4.2Ghz w/ 1v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Radeon VII @ 1900Mhz/1250Mhz w/ 1v
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 16GB 3866Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector Radeon VII - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
WannaBeOCer is online now  
post #675 of 787 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 06:53 PM
‾\_(ツ)_/‾
 
magnek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Калифорния
Posts: 5,637
Rep: 478 (Unique: 192)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
Your worse than my ex when it comes to holding a grudge, it's time to move on. You can't let the GTX 970 dictate the rest of your life, be strong and overcome.
Lol it barely affects my life at all, I just like bringing it up because the entire tech press basically gave them a free pass. I certainly have no problem shutting up about it since it's really old news, but no I'm never going to forget about it.

- 4930K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus X79-Deluxe
- MSi 980 Ti Gaming @ 1500/8000
- 4x4 GB Dominator Platinum 2400 MHz
- 2x 850 Pro 2TB
- Seasonic PRIME Titanium 850W
- Phanteks Enthoo Primo
- Custom watercooling (420+360+240)
- XB270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz IPS
magnek is online now  
post #676 of 787 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 08:54 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Paradigm Shifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Japan
Posts: 2,772
Rep: 250 (Unique: 200)
Quote: Originally Posted by ozlay View Post
Asrock makes a few IPMI compatible AM4 and TR4 boards. X470D4U X470D4U2-2T X399D8A-2T However they might not add zen 3 support to them.
Nice, thanks! Shame the slot layout on the X399 board means I could only fit 3 dual-slot GPUs.


Paradigm Shifter is offline  
post #677 of 787 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 04:28 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 71
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/statu...42142277132289
https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/statu...42152624459777






Leaked info about the 3600, if you look at the cinebench graphic they did multiple test with the 3600, does not seem like it will beat out the 2700x.
So in both test the 3600 got a score of 3505 and 3229

Last edited by agatong55; 06-20-2019 at 04:32 AM.
agatong55 is offline  
post #678 of 787 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 04:47 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
rdr09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: From the US but lives in Africa
Posts: 18,270
Rep: 860 (Unique: 629)
Quote: Originally Posted by agatong55 View Post
https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/statu...42142277132289
https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/statu...42152624459777






Leaked info about the 3600, if you look at the cinebench graphic they did multiple test with the 3600, does not seem like it will beat out the 2700x.
So in both test the 3600 got a score of 3505 and 3229
In Cine20 MT bench? No, it will take a higher oc for the 6 core to beat an 8 core.

2nd AMD Build
(10 items)
CPU
2700
Motherboard
X470
GPU
290
RAM
3200 CL14
Hard Drive
1000
Power Supply
700
Case
212
Operating System
10/64
Monitor
40 1080
Keyboard
M100
▲ hide details ▲
rdr09 is online now  
post #679 of 787 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 05:04 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Woundingchaney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,152
Rep: 118 (Unique: 94)
Quote: Originally Posted by magnek View Post
Lol it barely affects my life at all, I just like bringing it up because the entire tech press basically gave them a free pass. I certainly have no problem shutting up about it since it's really old news, but no I'm never going to forget about it.
I dont quite remember it being like that, there was a considerable amount of media and consumer backlash over the 970 fiasco and even a class action lawsuit payout to consumers. I owned 2 at the time and got the lawsuit payout as well as a refund from the retailer. Im not sure what level of ostracizing you are looking for, but I dont remember Nvidia getting a free pass at all.

Once the memory pool separation was confirmed the news spread like wildfire amongst the communities and I recall various articles over the issue. Having said this, its not as if there is or ever has been a lot of media dedicated to gpu hardware.

Woundingchaney is offline  
post #680 of 787 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:11 AM
The Challenger
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,122
Rep: 284 (Unique: 123)
Quote: Originally Posted by Woundingchaney View Post
I dont quite remember it being like that, there was a considerable amount of media and consumer backlash over the 970 fiasco and even a class action lawsuit payout to consumers. I owned 2 at the time and got the lawsuit payout as well as a refund from the retailer. Im not sure what level of ostracizing you are looking for, but I dont remember Nvidia getting a free pass at all.

Once the memory pool separation was confirmed the news spread like wildfire amongst the communities and I recall various articles over the issue. Having said this, its not as if there is or ever has been a lot of media dedicated to gpu hardware.
That was only in the US. In other countries, people got nothing. And it is a free pass if people keep buying everything they put out afterwards anyway. If AMD would have done the same with their most popular card (not their low tier garbage like the RX560), many people would not buy AMD again for at least 5-10 years. But nVidia? Nah. Next gen it's fine to buy their products again.

Another example... People are still refraining from buying AMD due to 'bad drivers', even though that was like 15 years ago. THAT is ostracizing. In recent years there were multiple Geforce drivers that could kill nVidia cards... nVidia never experienced the negative mind share to AMD's level, where people don't buy their cards because of bad drivers. They get a free pass for everything. Even after an article like this is released, Radeon is still perceived as having worse drivers than nVidia. It's mind boggling.
NightAntilli is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off