[Computex AMD] Navi mid range teaser - 5700 Series - Page 35 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Computex AMD] Navi mid range teaser - 5700 Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #341 of 367 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
ilmazzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: South United States Of Europe
Posts: 973
Rep: 31 (Unique: 18)
The less you buy, the more you save.

M8
(11 items)
Otto
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
Asrock Taichi X470
GPU
sapphire fury nitro oc
RAM
GSkill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 Cl14
Hard Drive
SSD Crucial MX500 500GB
Power Supply
Antec HPC 850 Platinum
Cooling
noctua dual fan 120
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic
Operating System
microsoft windows 10 pro
Monitor
DELL U2311H
Monitor
ASUS MX34VQ
CPU
Intel Core i3/i5/i7
Motherboard
P8H77-I
GPU
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
RAM
8 GB 1600
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Seasonic G-750
Case
Bitfenix Prodigy mitx
Operating System
Windows 8.1
Monitor
DELL U2311H
▲ hide details ▲
ilmazzo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #342 of 367 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:04 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
ILoveHighDPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,284
Rep: 133 (Unique: 84)
Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
They're just registering all possible names so that nobody else does.

Otherwise, if the models were actually real, we'd be in for some real milking:

RX 5700 - $379
RX 5700 XT - $449

RX 5750 - $549
RX 5750 XT - $619

RX 5800 - $689
RX 5800 XT - $759

RX 5850 - $829
RX 5850 XT - $899

RX 5900 - $969
RX 5900 XT - $1109

RX 5950 - $1179
RX 5950 XT - $1249
Realistically you can knock $100-$200 off those prices, we know RX5700 is overpriced and AMD can’t hold the launch price for long.

I was ready to give Nvidia the money if I could just use the freaking hardware in games I already own, at this point I’m more concerned we’ll never see the full potential of Rasterization in videogames if people jump ship to primarily using Raytracing even while it’s at such an early state in development.
AMD can have my money if they can just push the pixels.
ILoveHighDPI is offline  
post #343 of 367 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 04:30 AM
The Challenger
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,169
Rep: 286 (Unique: 125)
Quote: Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post
Realistically you can knock $100-$200 off those prices, we know RX5700 is overpriced and AMD can’t hold the launch price for long.

I was ready to give Nvidia the money if I could just use the freaking hardware in games I already own, at this point I’m more concerned we’ll never see the full potential of Rasterization in videogames if people jump ship to primarily using Raytracing even while it’s at such an early state in development.
AMD can have my money if they can just push the pixels.
We're still way off from full ray-tracing. For now, ray tracing will primarily be used for lighting only. It will make multiple rasterization effects obsolete, like ambient occlusion and shadow mapping. I think we could make that specific form of ray tracing more efficient than doing all other rasterization techniques together.

Ultimately it's the performance to computation power ratio that matters. As long as we can get great close to reality graphics by doing rasterization for at most half the computational power of ray tracing, ray tracing simply will not gain ground. Going for ray tracing right now is like living in a world where electricity is 10 times as expensive financially and environmentally as gasoline, but switching to electrical cars anyway. A hybrid might still be viable though.
NightAntilli is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #344 of 367 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 05:52 AM
Portgas D. Ace
 
keikei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,061
Rep: 314 (Unique: 239)
Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
They're just registering all possible names so that nobody else does.

Otherwise, if the models were actually real, we'd be in for some real milking:

RX 5700 - $379
RX 5700 XT - $449

RX 5750 - $549
RX 5750 XT - $619

RX 5800 - $689
RX 5800 XT - $759

RX 5850 - $829
RX 5850 XT - $899

RX 5900 - $969
RX 5900 XT - $1109

RX 5950 - $1179
RX 5950 XT - $1249
Well, no holes in that product line whatsoever. Good to see AMD cover all their bases. The latter two cards might be real later on. 2020 will be very interesting. I wouldnt be surprised if AMD pulls another Vega VII.

PCMR
(18 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN 7 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK TAICHI X370
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC2 ULTRA
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB NAS HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
8TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860 EVO SSD 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue SSD 2TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S (CPU COOLER)
Cooling
Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Blue LED Fan (X6)
Case
LIAN LI PC-V760B
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q - LED monitor - 4K - 27"
Keyboard
VORTEX POK3R WHITE EDITION
Mouse
LOGITECH G305 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Headphones
Other
Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Joystick modded
▲ hide details ▲
keikei is online now  
post #345 of 367 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:09 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
ILoveHighDPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,284
Rep: 133 (Unique: 84)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
We're still way off from full ray-tracing. For now, ray tracing will primarily be used for lighting only. It will make multiple rasterization effects obsolete, like ambient occlusion and shadow mapping. I think we could make that specific form of ray tracing more efficient than doing all other rasterization techniques together.

Ultimately it's the performance to computation power ratio that matters. As long as we can get great close to reality graphics by doing rasterization for at most half the computational power of ray tracing, ray tracing simply will not gain ground. Going for ray tracing right now is like living in a world where electricity is 10 times as expensive financially and environmentally as gasoline, but switching to electrical cars anyway. A hybrid might still be viable though.
Except Nvidia already stalled their entire GPU stack by a full generation for the sake of Ray Tracing.
They’d keep charging $800 for 1080Ti performance for the rest of forever if they could. Even after dropping existing RTX prices for Super we’re still not beating the price/performance of the 1080Ti before it was discontinued. At least for anyone wanting an upgrade over the 1080Ti (or something more significant than 1080Ti over 980Ti) Nvidia is actually forcing the market to adopt Ray Tracing at an extreme cost.
ILoveHighDPI is offline  
post #346 of 367 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 03:45 PM
The Challenger
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,169
Rep: 286 (Unique: 125)
Quote: Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post
Except Nvidia already stalled their entire GPU stack by a full generation for the sake of Ray Tracing.
They’d keep charging $800 for 1080Ti performance for the rest of forever if they could. Even after dropping existing RTX prices for Super we’re still not beating the price/performance of the 1080Ti before it was discontinued. At least for anyone wanting an upgrade over the 1080Ti (or something more significant than 1080Ti over 980Ti) Nvidia is actually forcing the market to adopt Ray Tracing at an extreme cost.
Those cards didn't really sell that well though, and what was sold was in spite of RTX, not because of it. Although now that AMD's Navi cards don't have it, it might become an actual selling point...

In any case...;

NightAntilli is offline  
post #347 of 367 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 03:59 PM
Waiting for 7nm EUV
 
tpi2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,381
Rep: 894 (Unique: 503)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
Those cards didn't really sell that well though, and what was sold was in spite of RTX, not because of it. Although now that AMD's Navi cards don't have it, it might become an actual selling point...

In any case...;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0MpkKS6Lwc

Why is that video from Hardware Canucks not available on their own channel? And why is this version in 360p?


tpi2007 is offline  
post #348 of 367 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 04:42 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Frosted racquet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 112
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Because HC broke the "unboxing embargo" and took down the video.

Frosted racquet is offline  
post #349 of 367 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 04:56 PM
The Challenger
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,169
Rep: 286 (Unique: 125)
^That.

Not that it contains new info or anything. But it's good to see that they're both 8+6 pin I guess?
NightAntilli is offline  
post #350 of 367 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 05:20 PM
Waiting for 7nm EUV
 
tpi2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,381
Rep: 894 (Unique: 503)
Quote: Originally Posted by Frosted racquet View Post
Because HC broke the "unboxing embargo" and took down the video.

Ah, thanks. When does the embargo lift? I didn't even know they had an unboxing embargo for this one. I thought we were done with that industry silliness by now. Like, we already saw the cards on stage. What's the embargo for? "Oh my, they actually exist and are not made of Styrofoam."


tpi2007 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off