[Technopat] Ryzen R9 3950X Breaks WR's Cinebench15/20 & Geekbench4 - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Technopat] Ryzen R9 3950X Breaks WR's Cinebench15/20 & Geekbench4

post #31 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
I don't get the point of liquid nitrogen... It's not worth the cost and most of us wouldn't be regularly using it to run our PC's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Quote: Originally Posted by clonxy View Post
I don't get the point of liquid nitrogen... It's not worth the cost and most of us wouldn't be regularly using it to run our PC's.
I don't get the point of posts like this.
You came to an enthusiast OC site, we aren't plastering this on your FB feed or anything.
XOC has nothing to do with being practical, should be pretty obvious.

Quote: Originally Posted by RyzenShine View Post
Not to throw salt on the thread... (I am an AMD fanboi through and through)... But I have to wonder what they gain from going to PCIe 4? PCIe 3 isn't even being fully utilized in mainstream platforms. I had similar critiques with Nvidia putting out Ray tracing when majority of pc segments aren't even adopting it.. let alone mass producing products for it.

Maybe there is something on the horizon I don't see.. but it seem needless, for the purpose of being "first" to it.
Gotta have it to use it. No point making cards and storage solutions that can use the speed if it's not there. Plus PCIE 4 was ready...why wouldn't you use it? Why would you want your brand new chipset/platform to use the older 3.0?

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by white owl; 06-11-2019 at 06:02 PM.
post #33 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Jedi Knight

Rep: 41 (Unique: 41)

I don't get the point of a Ferrari, it cost too much and most of us will be driving Honda Accords.

I don't get the point of penthouse suites. They cost too much and most of us will be staying in motel 6.

I don't get the point of filet mingnon. It cost too much and most of us will be eating pork chops.

I don't get the point of having a fun hobby. No one should have fun doing something they love.

Vibranium
(16 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700k
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-PRO
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Sea Hawk EK X
RAM
G. Skill Trident Z
Hard Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300
Hard Drive
ADATA SU800
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-750KM3
Cooling
Custom Liquid Cooling
Case
Phanteks “Enthoo Pro Series"
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
VIOTEK GN32DB
Keyboard
Logitech K800
Mouse
Logitech G603
Audio
JBL LIVE 650BTNC
Audio
Fiio E10K DAC/AMP
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Grasp of the intangible

Location: 4 walls and some trees. There are rumors of wifi though
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Nick the Slick View Post
Look up PCIe 4.0 NVMe, or better yet PCIe 4.0 NVMe raid. Thank me later after you clean up your.... drool... from your desk.

But If storage speed isn't your thing either then I understand your point lol.

Storage speed sounds like a creator or commercial need. As a gamer, 4.5gb/s read/write speed seems superfluous when current 2 to 3gbs all ready gives me near instant load. Still gonna build that R9/Navi XT haha.
post #35 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Jedi Knight

Rep: 41 (Unique: 41)
Storage speed sounds like a creator or commercial need. As a gamer, 4.5gb/s read/write speed seems superfluous when current 2 to 3gbs all ready gives me near instant load. Still gonna build that R9/Navi XT haha.

Yea I understand, I don't benefit from it in my use case either, but it sure is fun to look at. Really my obsession with it comes from work though where I repair laptops all day with HDD boot drives. Which causes me to bang my head against my desk until I pass out, hoping I'll wake up when this practice has finally gone extinct (and at which point the laptop I'm working on will finally have finished loading)...

Vibranium
(16 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700k
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-PRO
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Sea Hawk EK X
RAM
G. Skill Trident Z
Hard Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300
Hard Drive
ADATA SU800
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-750KM3
Cooling
Custom Liquid Cooling
Case
Phanteks “Enthoo Pro Series"
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
VIOTEK GN32DB
Keyboard
Logitech K800
Mouse
Logitech G603
Audio
JBL LIVE 650BTNC
Audio
Fiio E10K DAC/AMP
▲ hide details ▲

post #36 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Building your platform around the demands of one person seems silly. What about the content creators? Why can't they benefit from the new desktop platform?

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
post #37 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:08 PM
professional curmudgeon

Rep: 778 (Unique: 446)
its the same as drag racing a 1/4 mile. sure, its not practical but it is a lot of fun.

Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
Upload the computer to Dropbox and provide a link to it so others may download it to examine and give advice for repairs.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

post #38 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 538 (Unique: 305)
i just said it in another thread, whoever sells us the most lanes @ the lowest cost will get many of our $$$$$

why? cuz of the above. We wanna run 1-2 GPUs @ 16x each + 2-4 NVMe @ 4x each... Why? Cuz some of us like to keep a ton of ultra-fast data on our gaming PC & are tired of the now old & tired SATA SSD raid solutions.

not to mention most of us in the above are @ resolutions where 1-2% CPU nonsense means nothing.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #39 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Hey I get one of these!

Rep: 304 (Unique: 214)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
i just said it in another thread, whoever sells us the most lanes @ the lowest cost will get many of our $$$$$

why? cuz of the above. We wanna run 1-2 GPUs @ 16x each + 2-4 NVMe @ 4x each... Why? Cuz some of us like to keep a ton of ultra-fast data on our gaming PC & are tired of the now old & tired SATA SSD raid solutions.

not to mention most of us in the above are @ resolutions where 1-2% CPU nonsense means nothing.
Threadripper my dude. You aren't going to find what you want on a mainstream platform and you know it.

Dual 1080tis at x16 each, an Optane 900p at x4, an NVMe at x4, a soundcard, and a 2x10gbps NIC off an x8, everything running at full speed and I got two M.2 slots to spare for the future. I turned off everything on the south bridge because I don't use any of it.

Unfortunately that means you'll be waiting until 2020 for TR3 if you want to avoid the NUMA/split die issue, or you can replace your garage space heater with something on X299. Epyc 2 jumped from 128 to 162 lanes, so TR3 will either still have 64 lanes of goodness, or maybe even 80. You can enjoy Quad SLI at x16 each AND have your four NVMe drives, all at full PCI-e 4.0 speed.

It's a good time to be an enthusiast. A shame about the GPU world not being as fun.

Forge
(18 items)
Forge-LT
(7 items)
CPU
AMD Threadripper 1950X
Motherboard
Gigabyte X399 Designare
GPU
EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid
GPU
EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid
RAM
32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB (4x8GB 3200Mhz 14-14-14)
Hard Drive
Intel 900P 480GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
Power Supply
Corsair AX1200
Cooling
EK Predator 240
Case
Corsair Graphite 780T
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise x64
Monitor
2x Acer XR341CK
Keyboard
Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB
Mouse
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB
Audio
Sennheiser HD700
Audio
Sound Blaster AE-5
Audio
Audio Technica AT4040
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp
CPU
i7-4720HQ
Motherboard
UX501JW-UB71T
GPU
GTX 960m
RAM
16GB 1600 9-9-9-27
Hard Drive
512GB PCI-e SSD
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
4k IPS
▲ hide details ▲
post #40 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 96 (Unique: 69)
Quote: Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post
Threadripper my dude. You aren't going to find what you want on a mainstream platform and you know it.

Dual 1080tis at x16 each, an Optane 900p at x4, an NVMe at x4, a soundcard, and a 2x10gbps NIC off an x8, everything running at full speed and I got two M.2 slots to spare for the future. I turned off everything on the south bridge because I don't use any of it.

Unfortunately that means you'll be waiting until 2020 for TR3 if you want to avoid the NUMA/split die issue, or you can replace your garage space heater with something on X299. Epyc 2 jumped from 128 to 162 lanes, so TR3 will either still have 64 lanes of goodness, or maybe even 80. You can enjoy Quad SLI at x16 each AND have your four NVMe drives, all at full PCI-e 4.0 speed.

It's a good time to be an enthusiast. A shame about the GPU world not being as fun.
Kinda wished TR3 wasn't going to be delayed. That really irked me tbh. As it stands right now, I am not willing to jump back to the TR wagon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in