[KitGuru] Asus shows off new 43″ 4K/144Hz monitor with Display Stream Compression - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[KitGuru] Asus shows off new 43″ 4K/144Hz monitor with Display Stream Compression

post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Fake 3D is dead. To make a display capable of that fake 3D you have to make it worse for HDR and cost more. Consumers seem to not care about 3D support either so it is not going to come back outside of a few specialty products. Studios are already not filming many new releases in 3D.

We need proper light field displays so you can focus at the correct depth to match the stereoscopic effect before we get truly immersive 3D displays. That is when I think 3D will come back.
lol what? And only issue to be had with 3D is the fact that Nvidia didn't even follow up. Community has fixed and done their work for them. Enough that a simpleton like me could enjoy it while they still had the bare driver support. 4K3D till i cant anymore

i7 930 @ 3.8Ghz HT
Asrock X58 Extreme 3
Corsair XMS3 6GB 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti BE SC
Corsair RMS 750W
LG C6 4K 3D OLED 55", Potalion 1440p Korean IPS "glossy panel", Dell Ultrasharp U2515H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:44 PM
Robotic Chemist

Rep: 180 (Unique: 120)
Quote: Originally Posted by junglechocolate View Post
lol what? And only issue to be had with 3D is the fact that Nvidia didn't even follow up. Community has fixed and done their work for them. Enough that a simpleton like me could enjoy it while they still had the bare driver support. 4K3D till i cant anymore
It isn't that it is a problem or hard to support, it is simply that not enough people are willing to pay more for a screen that is worse in all other ways except can do fake 3D.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
It really is depressing, a 32-42" 4K120 RGB OLED from JOLED would be amazing, but it seems at least a few years away right now.

I got a C9 in the desperate hope that HDMI 2.1 GPUs are not too far away.
48 inch oled's are coming in 2020 https://www.techradar.com/news/lgs-4...coming-in-2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 12:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
It isn't that it is a problem or hard to support, it is simply that not enough people are willing to pay more for a screen that is worse in all other ways except can do fake 3D.
my C6 OLED begs to differ. that in lies the issue. Don't you think by now if 3D was given attention, we'd have screens even better than the C6 OLED at 3D? Just like we are now getting all these amazing 4K displays

i7 930 @ 3.8Ghz HT
Asrock X58 Extreme 3
Corsair XMS3 6GB 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti BE SC
Corsair RMS 750W
LG C6 4K 3D OLED 55", Potalion 1440p Korean IPS "glossy panel", Dell Ultrasharp U2515H
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:19 AM
Adclock.net

Rep: 144 (Unique: 129)
Quote: Originally Posted by animeowns View Post
don't look like they are 120hz tho

Click For Awesome (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Mule go_quote.gif

Me and my roommates watched a standalone video of a guy demonstrating it on YouTube. I lost it when he started stroking it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 go_quote.gif

I like robo-butts and I can not lie, microchips with a great wave line...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechi go_quote.gif

I honestly don't think there's any way to explain it without it sounding weird or one's imagination taking a ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_van go_quote.gif

I can't even remember the last time I grounded myself before handling stuff.
Unless it's the middle of the winter and I'm moonwalking across my carpet in socks before tearing a PC apart I'm not worried about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan go_quote.gif

A laptop is still a PC, albeit a portable one. You can tell how many laptops there are by looking at the 1366*768. Most people don't play...biggrin.gif

post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 12:48 PM
Robotic Chemist

Rep: 180 (Unique: 120)
Quote: Originally Posted by junglechocolate View Post
my C6 OLED begs to differ. that in lies the issue. Don't you think by now if 3D was given attention, we'd have screens even better than the C6 OLED at 3D? Just like we are now getting all these amazing 4K displays
We might, but they would cost more and anyone who didn't bother with 3D and sold a cheaper yet better version without 3D would take over the market driving those with 3D displays out of business which ends production in another way.

The polarizing film you need to add to enable 3D costs money and blocks light, neither of which are good, and the market obviously doesn't care about 3D.

Wait for proper light field HMDs, that is when 3D will actually work.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 02:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 533 (Unique: 302)
Quote: Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post
Pretty tired of waiting for a truly next gen monitor to come out. I think i'll just get the 48" OLED C10 next year and cross my fingers there will be an HDMI 2.1 GPU available by then and just accommodate my setup to accept a 48" sized display. MicroLED is too far away, miniLED isn't good enough to compete with OLED, and mainstream monitors are only now starting to introduce displays with enough dimming zones to be passable something TVs have been doing forever now.

JOLED is the only manufacturer i'm actually even interested in as they seem to be invested in bringing an OLED gaming monitor to market but they're moving at an absolute snails pace just like the rest of the monitor industry.
i'm hoping the new consoles will help increase their development speeds.

Until now, PC gaming ( and some dev stuff) was the only segment needing this kinda tech. Now millions of consoles that support even higher (4K120hz) standards will be sold all around the globe. The only thing that can happen is a response. All these Next Gen console owners are gonna wanna see the difference, so they'll spend the money on said 4K120hz panels/TVs. Now folks just need to start making them

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in