[Tom's Hardware] LG's 1ms Response Time IPS Gaming Monitors Are a First - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Tom's Hardware] LG's 1ms Response Time IPS Gaming Monitors Are a First

post #21 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 02:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 11)
I'd rather have a professional looking 144 hz IPS monitor from Dell with a solid warranty and sturdy stand at a 2-3 ms delay.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitchFX View Post
I'd rather have a professional looking 144 hz IPS monitor from Dell with a solid warranty and sturdy stand at a 2-3 ms delay.
I'd rather have not anything gaming related from Dell with their fixation on bright gamma and washed out image in gaming products.

post #23 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
I'd rather have not anything gaming related from Dell with their fixation on bright gamma and washed out image in gaming products.
Who said anything about gaming? I buy the Dell IPS meant for graphic professionals as I don't game much myself and honestly I could hardly tell the difference between 60 hz and 144 hz other than it seems more liquid in motion. I like the Dells because they have a great warranty, even if your gear goes bust outside the warranty period.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 15)
a 599$ stand, maybe

M8
(11 items)
Otto
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
Asrock Taichi X470
GPU
sapphire fury nitro oc
RAM
GSkill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 Cl14
Hard Drive
SSD Crucial MX500 500GB
Power Supply
Antec HPC 850 Platinum
Cooling
noctua dual fan 120
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic
Operating System
microsoft windows 10 pro
Monitor
DELL U2311H
Monitor
ASUS MX34VQ
CPU
Intel Core i3/i5/i7
Motherboard
P8H77-I
GPU
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
RAM
8 GB 1600
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Seasonic G-750
Case
Bitfenix Prodigy mitx
Operating System
Windows 8.1
Monitor
DELL U2311H
▲ hide details ▲
post #25 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Who said anything about gaming? I buy the Dell IPS meant for graphic professionals as I don't game much myself and honestly I could hardly tell the difference between 60 hz and 144 hz other than it seems more liquid in motion. I like the Dells because they have a great warranty, even if your gear goes bust outside the warranty period.
Sure it would be great with the low input lag on the Dell's, even office working would be more pleasant with a liquid motion, but office standards going up to 120Hz+ isn't going to happen anytime soon.

post #26 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ilmazzo View Post
a 599$ stand, maybe
Apple cash grab joke aside, them charging for the VESA mount is nuts. I thought they were going to throw in a "just kidding!" at the end but guess not...

post #27 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Sure it would be great with the low input lag on the Dell's, even office working would be more pleasant with a liquid motion, but office standards going up to 120Hz+ isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Gotcha. I should have made myself clearer from the beginning. Do Asus make a product as good as Dell but clean and mundane looking? With similar warranty experience? I've tried out some larger IPS displays from Samsung and LG in the past but found them wobbly or flimsy or difficult to adjust. HP DreamColor or Dell Professional are some of the best color accurate, easy to use, high quality monitors I've ever enjoyed owning, even if their response time is meh.

Though if there were a market for them, I think it would get made.

post #28 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Gotcha. I should have made myself clearer from the beginning. Do Asus make a product as good as Dell but clean and mundane looking? With similar warranty experience? I've tried out some larger IPS displays from Samsung and LG in the past but found them wobbly or flimsy or difficult to adjust. HP DreamColor or Dell Professional are some of the best color accurate, easy to use, high quality monitors I've ever enjoyed owning, even if their response time is meh.

Though if there were a market for them, I think it would get made.
These new LG ultragears are actually solid build quality wise, and look really clean, have you looked at the pictures? Just remains to be seen if the 27GL850 has better QC. The panel specs itself are ahead of the competition so far with the extended color space and 1ms.

post #29 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

These new LG ultragears are actually solid build quality wise, and look really clean, have you looked at the pictures? Just remains to be seen if the 27GL850 has better QC. The panel specs itself are ahead of the competition so far with the extended color space and 1ms.

I'd have to see one in person at a store and play with the stand and other movement features. The last LG IPS I toyed with felt like it was going to break whereas with the HP or Dell units, you could slap them and they wouldn't crack at a joint. I've seen a video review of those LG stands but again, it's something I prefer to play with in a store to get an idea of how it is.

Do LG IPS have use hours in the menu system or backlight hours? Or is that something you'd want to find out using third part software? Dell and HP have it in there since there's a rate of degradation at X hours if run at Y brightness over Z time.

post #30 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 04:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

I'd have to see one in person at a store and play with the stand and other movement features. The last LG IPS I toyed with felt like it was going to break whereas with the HP or Dell units, you could slap them and they wouldn't crack at a joint. I've seen a video review of those LG stands but again, it's something I prefer to play with in a store to get an idea of how it is.

Do LG IPS have use hours in the menu system or backlight hours? Or is that something you'd want to find out using third part software? Dell and HP have it in there since there's a rate of degradation at X hours if run at Y brightness over Z time.
Yeah you can see it, that's a given in any gaming monitors i've seen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in