[Corsair] Corsair announces its acquisition of Origin PC - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Corsair] Corsair announces its acquisition of Origin PC

post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 11:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 11)
I thought Cyber Power had bought up Origin years ago. I wish companies still made traditional cases with enough HD bays, optical bays, and adequate room. And none of this silly tempered glass crap. I want something normal looking, without breakable glass, without RGB silliness, and is built to suppress sound with excellent cooling capability. The closest you can get is some Fractal case no one carries in stock in a physical store to check or heavily modifying a full tower from 9 years ago.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 26)
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitchFX View Post
I thought Cyber Power had bought up Origin years ago. I wish companies still made traditional cases with enough HD bays, optical bays, and adequate room. And none of this silly tempered glass crap. I want something normal looking, without breakable glass, without RGB silliness, and is built to suppress sound with excellent cooling capability. The closest you can get is some Fractal case no one carries in stock in a physical store to check or heavily modifying a full tower from 9 years ago.
Corsair, Cooler Master, Phanteks, Rosewill, Be Quiet!, Cougar, and Phanteks all offer what you seek.

AyyMD
(14 items)
X58 Lazarus
(13 items)
Skylake Lanbox
(12 items)
CPU
Threadripper 1950X
Motherboard
Asrock X399 Taichi
GPU
AMD Radeon VII @ 1801MHz 1021mV
RAM
32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 CL14
Hard Drive
3x 512GB NVMe m.2 SSD in Raid 0
Power Supply
EVGA 1000W G2
Cooling
AMD Wraith Ripper
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C White
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
LG 32'' 1440p 144Hz
Keyboard
Corsair K68 RGB
Mouse
Corsair Glaive RGB
Mousepad
Corsair Mouse Mat
Audio
Corsair HS70 SE Wireless
CPU
Intel Xeon X5675 @ 4.0GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage III Gene X58 mATX
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
RAM
24GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 Triple-Channel
Hard Drive
240GB PNY SSD
Hard Drive
480GB PNY SSD
Power Supply
PC Power & Cooling 750W Silencer III
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S
Case
Fractal Design Define Mini C TG
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Monitor
LG 2160p 27'' FreeSync
Keyboard
Logitech G613 Wireless
Mouse
Logitech G602 Wireless
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N Gaming 5 ITX
GPU
Gigabyte Aorus RX570 4GB
RAM
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2666
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD
Hard Drive
PNY 120GB SSD
Power Supply
Seasonic 550W 80+ Gold
Cooling
BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Acer 48'' 2160p HDR
Keyboard
Logitech K830
▲ hide details ▲
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Enthusiast

Rep: 17 (Unique: 16)
Quote: Originally Posted by PriestOfSin View Post
Corsair, Cooler Master, Phanteks, Rosewill, Be Quiet!, Cougar, and Phanteks all offer what you seek.
Thats not necessarily true. This is why I have stayed with my Old Rosewill case from the Late 2000's. Its a piece of **** compared to the nice modern cases out today, but its one of the few cases that fit my need for High Airflow, Side Intake, 5.25" Inch Bays, Plenty of space for hardware, and a 360 RAD. My current Rosewill could do all of that but the 360 Rad so I kind of just drilled some holes and plopped it on top, it doesn't look the best, but it gets the job done. I have been in the market to upgrade for 2 years now.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Caselabs Case, because it was the only case on the market that checked all my boxes, but it would have been $750 which I was having a hard time justifying to myself. Then they went out of business, and I lost my Opportunity. Thermal Take has cases that fit my need, but its ThermalTake, I have checked out the cases in person and the Quality is actually slightly worse then my current case, although it would give me more room so I might end up going for it anyway. I just really wish there were more options for high airflow, side intake, 3 5.25" bays, Plenty Of Hard Drive Bays, 360 to 420 Rad Support, EATX Support, all with the modern features like a PSU Shroud and actual Cable Management Options. But Finding something that checks all those boxes, especially while retaining the 5.25" bays is damn near impossible.

I know most people moved past optical drives, and I don't blame them. But being an Audio Engineer and having older clients, I still need to Burn Discs, and really using an external burner is not too much of a problem for me, but the Other 2 Slots I need for my 5.25" to 3.5" and 2.25" Drive bay, that allows me to just toolessly slide in a Hard Drive, full size or Laptop/SSD Size right into the front of my case and get to work, without having to open any thing up. I do a lot of Data Recovery Services and VM Work, and having that for me is an essential tool that works much better then having an external Dock and I don't want to lose it. On Top of that I still prefer using my Aquaero 6 XT that mounts in the 5.25" bay so having those are useful. I know I am old school in that regard, but having a case that caters to us while still having modern features and high airflow would be amazing. I know I am not the only one looking for this either, as I have come across several people in fields similar to mine who also would pay good for this case. I don't know about Caselabs $750 level, but certainly wouldn't bat an eye at paying $350 to $400 on a case that checked all those boxes with premium build quality. I know its neiche and the market isn't huge, but it is certainly there.

I keep checking new cases as they come out and get excited when I think they will meet my needs, but all of them end up falling short in one of the areas, and it will be sad if I end up having to settle for a 4 year old ThermalTake Case over some of the more premium brands.

Also, you said Phanteks twice, lol ;-)

-MattTheTech

Offical Ryzen 9 3900x Owner!
DodekaZen3000
(28 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid
RAM
G.SKILL Flare X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3200Mhz (PC4 25600) - F4-3200C14D-16GFX (x2 Kits)
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850/860 Evo (x3 Raid 0 Game Drive)
Hard Drive
WD Black 4TB (x2 Raid 0 Storage Drive)
Hard Drive
860 Evo
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray Burner (Model BH16NS40)
Optical Drive
5.25" to One 3.5" and One 2.25" Bay (Model Syba SY-MRA55006)
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000i
Cooling
EKWB Phoenix 360mm Modular Cooler
Case
Old Jonesbo Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise
Monitor
Samsung NU8000 55Inch TV (Its a 4k TV But I run in it 1440p 120hz)
Monitor
LG 1080p 34 Inch Diplay
Keyboard
Corsair k70 RGB Lux Mk2
Mouse
Logitech G700s
Mousepad
Razer Vespula V2
Audio
Custom Built 7.1 Surround System
Audio
HT-Omega eClaro 7.1 Sound Card
Audio
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Other
Aquantia 10Gb NIC
Other
LSI 9211-8i
Other
Oculus Rift HMD
Other
10 ML120 + 2 ML140 Corsair Maglev Fans
Other
Phanteks Halo aRGB LUX x5
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by oreonutz; 08-04-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 12:02 PM
⎬⎛⎝⎠⎞⎨

Rep: 158 (Unique: 123)
Wonder why the corsair one prices haven't been jacked up yet? Since it's Origin PC we're talking about.

nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴٴ
Desktop for gaming
(17 items)
ThinkPad T480
(9 items)
ThinkPad T430 XM
(9 items)
CPU
i7 5820K
Motherboard
X99 Deluxe
GPU
RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra
RAM
Crucial 4x4GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
WD Red 10TB
Optical Drive
Dell CH03N BD
Power Supply
EVGA 750 G2
Cooling
Swiftech Drive H360X3
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809
Monitor
BenQ XL2430T
Monitor
ASUS PG279Q
Keyboard
Bloody B850
Mouse
Logitech G102 Prodigy (Mercury)
CPU
i7 8550U
Motherboard
Lenovo Windu-2 20L5
GPU
Intel UHD 620
RAM
F4-3000C16D-16GRS | 2x8GB 2400MHz
Hard Drive
Intel NVME SSD 256GB
Power Supply
Lenovo 65w USB-C
Cooling
Delta 01YR200
Operating System
Monitor
LP140WF6-SPB7 FHD IPS
CPU
i7 3920XM
Motherboard
Nozomi 4 Type 2344 BZU
GPU
Intel HD4000
RAM
F3-2133C11-8GSRL | 2x8GB 2133MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
Power Supply
Lenovo 90W
Operating System
Monitor
AUO B140HAN01.3
Keyboard
Classic 7-row NMB 45N2211
▲ hide details ▲

post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by PriestOfSin View Post
Mind recommending me a tower with 8 hard drive bays, at least 1-2 optical bays, cable management, ability to house a giant Noctua or BeQuiet! air cooler, sound deadening (or cold rolled steel), ability to house 5-8 case fans and still have a lot of room to work with. Also must have at least 2 USB and 1 type-C port in the front. Adequate cable routing features and back panel space is a must.

post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by oreonutz View Post
Thats not necessarily true. This is why I have stayed with my Old Rosewill case from the Late 2000's. Its a piece of **** compared to the nice modern cases out today, but its one of the few cases that fit my need for High Airflow, Side Intake, 5.25" Inch Bays, Plenty of space for hardware, and a 360 RAD. My current Rosewill could do all of that but the 360 Rad so I kind of just drilled some holes and plopped it on top, it doesn't look the best, but it gets the job done. I have been in the market to upgrade for 2 years now.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Caselabs Case, because it was the only case on the market that checked all my boxes, but it would have been $750 which I was having a hard time justifying to myself. Then they went out of business, and I lost my Opportunity. Thermal Take has cases that fit my need, but its ThermalTake, I have checked out the cases in person and the Quality is actually slightly worse then my current case, although it would give me more room so I might end up going for it anyway. I just really wish there were more options for high airflow, side intake, 3 5.25" bays, Plenty Of Hard Drive Bays, 360 to 420 Rad Support, EATX Support, all with the modern features like a PSU Shroud and actual Cable Management Options. But Finding something that checks all those boxes, especially while retaining the 5.25" bays is damn near impossible.

I know most people moved past optical drives, and I don't blame them. But being an Audio Engineer and having older clients, I still need to Burn Discs, and really using an external burner is not too much of a problem for me, but the Other 2 Slots I need for my 5.25" to 3.5" and 2.25" Drive bay, that allows me to just toolessly slide in a Hard Drive, full size or Laptop/SSD Size right into the front of my case and get to work, without having to open any thing up. I do a lot of Data Recovery Services and VM Work, and having that for me is an essential tool that works much better then having an external Dock and I don't want to lose it. On Top of that I still prefer using my Aquaero 6 XT that mounts in the 5.25" bay so having those are useful. I know I am old school in that regard, but having a case that caters to us while still having modern features and high airflow would be amazing. I know I am not the only one looking for this either, as I have come across several people in fields similar to mine who also would pay good for this case. I don't know about Caselabs $750 level, but certainly wouldn't bat an eye at paying $350 to $400 on a case that checked all those boxes with premium build quality. I know its neiche and the market isn't huge, but it is certainly there.

I keep checking new cases as they come out and get excited when I think they will meet my needs, but all of them end up falling short in one of the areas, and it will be sad if I end up having to settle for a 4 year old ThermalTake Case over some of the more premium brands.

Also, you said Phanteks twice, lol ;-)
His suggestion holds merit if I wanted to buy older cases. I want a new case with modern features. Current market direction isn't going down the route I want it to. It's a no brainer to purchase a Cooler Master HAF case, but I don't want to mod the hell out of it because all its front panel features are from 2010. And I don't want to purchase extra add-ins. The only reasonable case is some full tower Fractal makes but I've never seen it in store and don't feel like buying and returning through Amazon or CrikeyEgg.

I still do optical in the form of BluRay on high quality discs. I've got stuff I burned over 20 years ago with scratches that still works without a hitch, same for scratched up BluRays from 2009 or 2010. Plus, optical bay to hard drive bay conversion and a flashed card make for more storage. A NAS is ideal, but I've already built three, in addition to Synology units.

Last edited by SwitchFX; 08-06-2019 at 01:56 AM.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Tech Enthusiast

Quote: Originally Posted by SwitchFX View Post
His suggestion holds merit if I wanted to buy older cases. I want a new case with modern features. Current market direction isn't going down the route I want it to. It's a no brainer to purchase a Cooler Master HAF case, but I don't want to mod the hell out of it because all its front panel features are from 2010. And I don't want to purchase extra add-ins. The only reasonable case is some full tower Fractal makes but I've never seen it in store and don't feel like buying and returning through Amazon or CrikeyEgg.

I still do optical in the form of BluRay on high quality discs. I've got stuff I burned over 20 years ago with scratches that still works without a hitch, same for scratched up BluRays from 2009 or 2010. Plus, optical bay to hard drive bay conversion and a flashed card make for more storage. A NAS is ideal, but I've already built three, in addition to Synology units.
Sounds like you and I are in the same exact market. I have all your exact needs. People laugh at people wanting Optical Drive bays on a modern case, but the needs exists, no matter how small. I have been building in a lot of Fractal Cases lately for clients, and they are a dream to build in, but I haven't seen any tower of theirs that would fit my needs either, except cases from 2014 that I am not sure you can even buy any more.

At Very Least I would need 2, but prefer 3, 5.25" Bays.

Because I have moved all almost all of my hard storage out of my case, save for 4 3.5" Drives, 4 2.5" Drives, and 2 M.2s, I could settle for a case that just had two of the Dual Drive Bays, and then Clever Mounts for SSD's On the Rear Side Panel and Power Supply Shroud.

I NEED Support for 2 360mm Radiators, but both 360 Rads need to be able to fit with the 2 5.25" Drives Installed (Every Modern Case that I am aware of that has both Dual 360 Rad Support and daul 5.25" Bay support, makes you choose between the 5.25" Drives and either the Top Mounted or Front Mounted 360 Rad, I need it to be able to accommodate all.)

The Last MUST HAVE that I need is a Mesh Side Panel Intake Option with Fan Mounting Support, I don't care about the new Tempered Glass Craze, I just want old school Side Intake, Its a Must here in Las Vegas, NV where my Room Temperature is never below 25c and frequently above 30c, having that extra side Intake helps My 10Gbe Cards, Sound Cards, and Raid Cards stay cool, as well as giving extra Ventilation to my NVMe Drives and VRM's. I am big on cooling and this has proven itself to be an effective way to keep my components cool, vs the modern cases which always end up with heat soak, especially for the add in cards trapped between a hot Power Supply and Graphics card, I just prefer having a side intake, and I wish this option would come back.

If the case fits the above options, then the rest I could compromise on, but I would prefer it to have the same Quality as a Phanteks or Fractal Design Case. Having that kind of top build quality helps in the build and upgrade process and would be awesome. The Rest is just having a Nice Modern Sleek look, with a Power supply shroud of some kind, and ample of Cable Management. My Current Case, the Old Rosewill Evo Armor V2 has support for all of these options but the dual 360 Rad support, and I have gotten around that by just mounting One of my 360 Rads to the top of it and drilling some Holes in the top for the tubing, and then I had to put the other Rad on Disconnects and mounted it to the wall just outside the case, which works well but is ghetto as hell and I would prefer to have room to put it in the case. The thing that sucks about the case is its poor build quality and horrible cable management options, with all the Gear I have in it, its impossible to hide all the cables, so I just can't wait to have a case that checks all my boxes.

Would love it if anyone had any specific suggestions!

-MattTheTech

DodekaZen3000
(28 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid
RAM
G.SKILL Flare X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3200Mhz (PC4 25600) - F4-3200C14D-16GFX (x2 Kits)
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
860 Evo
Optical Drive
Optical Drive
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000i
Cooling
Case
Old Jonesbo Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise
Monitor
Monitor
LG 1080p 34 Inch Diplay
Keyboard
Corsair k70 RGB Lux Mk2
Mouse
Logitech G700s
Mousepad
Razer Vespula V2
Audio
Audio
Audio
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Other
Aquantia 10Gb NIC
Other
LSI 9211-8i
Other
Oculus Rift HMD
Other
Other
▲ hide details ▲
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 535 (Unique: 304)
external rad+pump station makes things much easier, no having to hack & slash the main supports of your case to fit radiators in, etc... two tubes out to a mostly aesthetically pleasing radiator tower? non issue for me. that's my move if/when i retire my STH10.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Enthusiast

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
external rad+pump station makes things much easier, no having to hack & slash the main supports of your case to fit radiators in, etc... two tubes out to a mostly aesthetically pleasing radiator tower? non issue for me. that's my move if/when i retire my STH10.
Always looking for cool ideas. So right now My Rad Is literally just Plopped right on top of my Case, my case has mesh on the top, so I literally drilled holes for the Tubing and mounted my Rad to the Top. I am interested in this Idea you have for an External Pump and Rad "Station". Right now My Second 360 I have Mounted to some Brackets that I Screwed to a slab of Wood, that I then mounted to my wall directly behind the computer, and then my Pump is mounted to the Rad. I like it just fine, but its a bit of a pain in the ass when I am flushing the loop or doing any maintenance, just because its a little hard to get to.

Anyways, interested in your Station Idea. Still a bit of a water cooling Noob, only got into custom cooling about a year ago, always used AIO's before that, and finally decided I wanted to go big and have loved it ever since, but still have much to learn!

-MattTheTech

DodekaZen3000
(28 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
860 Evo
Optical Drive
Optical Drive
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000i
Cooling
Case
Old Jonesbo Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise
Monitor
Monitor
LG 1080p 34 Inch Diplay
Keyboard
Corsair k70 RGB Lux Mk2
Mouse
Logitech G700s
Mousepad
Razer Vespula V2
Audio
Audio
Audio
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Other
Aquantia 10Gb NIC
Other
LSI 9211-8i
Other
Oculus Rift HMD
Other
Other
▲ hide details ▲
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 02:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 535 (Unique: 304)
i'd look at aquacomputer's prebuilts for an idea how to assemble your own. I think you'd even wanna host the reservoir in the pump/rad station, then you'd just QDC into your case.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in