[HardwareUnboxed]Ryzen 5 3600x,Ryzen 9 3900x, Intel Core i9 9900k CPU Scaling in 4 games - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[HardwareUnboxed]Ryzen 5 3600x,Ryzen 9 3900x, Intel Core i9 9900k CPU Scaling in 4 games

post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter
new to OCN?

Rep: 1541 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
please there is no way you can tell what they said and when they said it by looking at a thumbnail on the timeline.
the written word is far superior over a video.

and i'll add a foreign language. translated closed captions are a huge fail over a translated page.

people are getting lazy and illiterate.
because the purpose was saving time not watching the whole presensation/outro and intro of the video... i dont know if you understand but the reviews on some sites arent even technical at all and say pretty much the same someone could say in video,written benchmark reviews for techspot arent better than hardware unboxed videos(assuming they are just comparing performance) that without couting the amount of banners with advertising on the pages and not sure if you have noticed but many pages are decaying in popularity people dont even visit them and arent indexed properly by google, most of english reviews are superfitial and those which are good probably are in other languages like german

Last edited by PontiacGTX; 08-11-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 607 (Unique: 292)
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi Mind Trick View Post
Thanks for posting!

On a different note, does it bother anyone else that so many of these review videos would be 1000x more efficient if they were on a webpage that you could easily scroll through vs. watching a ~15 minute video?

I feel this way about most sites too: just give me one page and let me keep scrolling!
Totally agree. I love reading reviews as technical details are far easier to understand when written down than heard.

The popularity of these channels shows that people have the attention span of a nit (actually a nit might have a longer attention span) and the literacy of a kindergarten kid.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz1729 go_quote.gif
Haha, Liranan, you creep.

Tacitus - The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. - Cree Indian Proverb
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 10:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Old men yell at cloud and bash other people...

These YouTube reviews aren't that much different than traditional website reviews, most people just go straight to the graphs.

And you know what? Some benchmarks are actually better shown via videos than simple graphs, games is a prime example for this, you can't show dropped frames with written texts, graphs and pics no matter how detailed the data being shown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:47 AM
professional curmudgeon

Rep: 778 (Unique: 446)
Quote: Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
because the purpose was saving time not watching the whole presensation/outro and intro of the video... i dont know if you understand but the reviews on some sites arent even technical at all and say pretty much the same someone could say in video,written benchmark reviews for techspot arent better than hardware unboxed videos(assuming they are just comparing performance) that without couting the amount of banners with advertising on the pages and not sure if you have noticed but many pages are decaying in popularity people dont even visit them and arent indexed properly by google, most of english reviews are superfitial and those which are good probably are in other languages like german
nice try. but you haven't addressed the point. it's much easier and quicker to scroll a page and find a reference immediately than scanning through a video of whats said. how popular any web site is or was is irrelevant and actually reinforces my point that people are getting lazy and illiterate.

jesus, just look at your post; one continuous run on sentence with atrocious grammar. you watch videos a lot do you?
Quote: Originally Posted by n4p0l3onic View Post
Old men yell at cloud and bash other people...

These YouTube reviews aren't that much different than traditional website reviews, most people just go straight to the graphs.

And you know what? Some benchmarks are actually better shown via videos than simple graphs, games is a prime example for this, you can't show dropped frames with written texts, graphs and pics no matter how detailed the data being shown.
you must have never seen a frame time graph. here you go:
Click image for larger version

Name:	fcat-frametime-plot.gif
Views:	32
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	288368

those little spikes dropping down to zero are dropped frames.
go take a look at this video - those are the same graphs that would be on a web page you would reading. except you don't have to listen to someone explain the differences. i'd agree that actual game play is better shown but that's not whats happening here; a 17 minute video with 10 minutes of showing graphs.

something i could have read and understood as well in 5 minutes. though i am ignoring how you tube processes videos; where dropped frames and even stuttering gets lost. those are really shown with using a frame time graph via OSD. if you don't know what that is, than refer to the image i posted above.

Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
Upload the computer to Dropbox and provide a link to it so others may download it to examine and give advice for repairs.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 02:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
nice try. but you haven't addressed the point. it's much easier and quicker to scroll a page and find a reference immediately than scanning through a video of whats said. how popular any web site is or was is irrelevant and actually reinforces my point that people are getting lazy and illiterate.

jesus, just look at your post; one continuous run on sentence with atrocious grammar. you watch videos a lot do you?

you must have never seen a frame time graph. here you go:
Attachment 288368

those little spikes dropping down to zero are dropped frames.
go take a look at this video - those are the same graphs that would be on a web page you would reading. except you don't have to listen to someone explain the differences. i'd agree that actual game play is better shown but that's not whats happening here; a 17 minute video with 10 minutes of showing graphs.

something i could have read and understood as well in 5 minutes. though i am ignoring how you tube processes videos; where dropped frames and even stuttering gets lost. those are really shown with using a frame time graph via OSD. if you don't know what that is, than refer to the image i posted above.
that is an exposition of the data, not showing the actual dropped frames.
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 02:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 255 (Unique: 187)
There are some excellent youtube content creators out there Igor Wallossek and Roman 'der8auer' Hartung come to mind. They are enthusiast and they do proper testing.
My main issue with the extremely popular tech channels is that their testing method is beyond questionable. If it isn't properly documented and can't be replicated than
it is totally pointless. If you have to watch a youtube video to see how to use your new lab equipment to make a new youtube video of you using lab tech equipment.
Hope you see my point. Plenty of big hardware review websites with questionable test results as well.

I don't want to be depending on reddit or youtube for in-depth tech analysis.

Overclocking History (Click to show)
Intel 386DX/16 @ 20 MHz
CX486SLC/50 @ 50 MHz
AM486DX2/80 @ 100 MHz
AM486 DX4-100 @ 120 MHz
AK5x86-P75 [email protected] 160 MHz
Pentium 90 @ 120 Mhz
IBM 6x86L P166+ [email protected] 160 MHz
Celeron 300a @ 454 MHz
Pentium 3 700 @ 933 MHz
Athlon XP 1400+ @ 1600 MHz
Athlon XP 1800+ @ 2088 MHz
Athlon XP 2500+ @ 2200 MHz
Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2603 MHz
Athlon X2 BE2300 @ 1900 MHz
Athlon X2 4200+ @ 2210 MHz
Athlon X2 5000+ @ 2600 MHz
Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 3000 MHz
Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3600 MHz
Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 4000 MHz
Xeon C2Q L5408 @ 3200 MHz
Xeon C2Q X5450 @ 3300 MHz
Xeon C2Q E5440 @ 3400 MHz
Xeon C2Q E5450 @ 3600 MHz
Phenom2 X4 B50 @ 3700 MHz
Phenom2 X6 1045T @ 4050 MHz
Core i5-2500K Sandy @ 4500 MHz
X5650 6-Core Westmere @ 3982 MHz
AMD FX 8320E Black Edition

FX-8320E @4.5GHz, X5650 @ 4.0GHz, X6 1045T @4.0GHz, i7 [email protected]
Thinkpad T420p with i7-2720QM overclocked because this is OCN
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 04:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
I also prefer reading a website and getting the answer to what I'm looking for in a snap, but I guess these guys doing the testing wants to get paid and youtube is where they will get paid without having us pay anything.
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 05:22 AM
Amiga 600

Rep: 53 (Unique: 33)
I don't watch these videos on yt for education I watch them for entertainment. HWUB is an excellent channel.

C64>Amiga600>Packard Bell pre-built>Custom build1>Compaq pre-built>Custom build2>xb360+ps3>Custom build3>Custom build4+HP Envy 15
Custom build 4
(16 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard
Asrock B450 K4
GPU
Asus ROG Strixx Vega 56
RAM
16GB 3200mhz Corsair lpx
Hard Drive
Crucial P1 1TB NVME
Hard Drive
WD Blue 1TB HDD
Power Supply
Corsair hx650
Cooling
Amd wraith
Case
Aviator V
Operating System
Win10
Monitor
iiyama 27" 1440p freesync
Keyboard
Corsair K30
Mouse
Logitech G300
Mousepad
Razer Sphex
Audio
Logitech
Other
Oculus Rift S
▲ hide details ▲
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:28 AM
Military grade Garbage

Rep: 48 (Unique: 44)
Bunch of ole crotchety men arguing about the delivery of the information rather than the information itself. Where the mods at when we need em?

On topic: The results are inline with what you'd expect. The i9 9900k is top dog when it comes to having the highest framerate throughout a multitude of games, followed by the 3900x and then in last, the 3600.

The 3600 really impresses me, despite the fact its pulling the lowest numbers all around. Primarily due to the fact that a 200$ CPU (180$ with rebate) is able to keep pace with a 480$ CPU when gaming <=144hz.
If you're gaming on a 240hz monitor, intel is going to still take the cake there unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in