[AnandTech] Intel’s Xe for HPC: Ponte Vecchio with Chiplets, EMIB, and Foveros on 7nm, Coming 2021 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[AnandTech] Intel’s Xe for HPC: Ponte Vecchio with Chiplets, EMIB, and Foveros on 7nm, Coming 2021

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 10:45 AM
professional curmudgeon

Rep: 799 (Unique: 455)
i'll quote those paragraph for others' convenience and i am sure ian won't mind - he's a member here and loves us!!
(i'd mention him but . . i fail at some of the functions on this site anymore)
Spoiler!

i really don't expect much info until after release; i think that they think its best to keep everything close to the vest. i'm sure a demo will pop up here and there but i think the PR campaign starts close to launch; which still is unknow.

the little take away (if there) is the answer raja gave about multi chiplets; he went off talking mgpu. sli/xfire hasn't been . . well ya know. hopefully some what that (stuff) for multi chips helps multi cards.

Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
Upload the computer to Dropbox and provide a link to it so others may download it to examine and give advice for repairs.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 04:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 580 (Unique: 324)
Quote: Originally Posted by Catscratch View Post
We will become dinasours. You got a physical computer ? How barbaric
Wooooah, that's one of those weird local rendering things isn't it? Like, it doesn't get as good a resolution, but the latency was way lower? Maaaan, imagine a time when the games didin't do the shooting and aiming for you!

and a rotary phone.

NOW SOME ONE OK BOOMER ME, I DARE YOU!

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 07:27 AM
Performance is the bible

Rep: 437 (Unique: 301)
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrzev View Post
Its not targeted to you, but to the masses. And the server oriented style of approach wouldnt effect you at all. Simply put, you would have your own server in your house. This is still a while away due to network infrastructure \ bandwidth. After being forced to use Azure services for EVERYTHING at my previous job, i really came to love using cloud based services. What I dont want to see is Epic , Steam, EA, Disney, Microsoft all offering their own with their set of exclusive games.
Of course it will affect you. At some point you will start to see cloud based exclusive games, and consoles can start to become less expensive as cloud based makes it require less demanding hardware.
Imagine a PS8 or whatever with 2 versions, one that cost 600$ with local hardware, and one that cost 100$ and 5$ subscription fee, that gives you the same, but with cloud based gaming. The masses will prefer to save money and pay for the 100$ if it gives the same experience. You buy the game online, you don't have to download 60GB of game, and you still have a few hundreds of $$ to buy games.
So parents will prefer that over a 600$ machine.
That will though lock you to either pay subscription or that 100$ box becomes a paper weight. And that is pure profit, as the hardware will cost so much less, and the subscription fee is almost pure income. And if you want PS+ as well, pay extra. More profit.

Cloud based gaming is the next best thing for profit from games. And everyone will soon push for it once nvidia, AMD, google and intel have a working solutions that game companies will find beneficial.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 12:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aristotelian View Post
This part really got me:

"The video gaming world is bracing for a cloud-based, console-less future. By ditching expensive PCs and consoles, and making games accessible on the devices people already own like smartphones, tablets, and laptops, this segment of the entertainment industry has the opportunity to create a whole new demographic of “gamers.” It’s a positive, fundamental change in how the industry operates — however, technical challenges with the centralized cloud will be an obstacle the industry must overcome for these new platforms to be truly successful."

This isn't the first time I have heard statements of this kind - I am fundamentally opposed to it though. I'm not against subscription services as such but I don't understand, yet, how you could achieve this and still maintain the immersion that I have loved in the 20 some years of customizing my gaming experience.
Quote: Originally Posted by m4fox90 View Post
Companies want you to keep paying for things forever versus buying a thing once and only getting your money once
pretty much life these days. it isn't to better the consumer , it is to squeeze us dry.

yo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in