Do people in OCN even care about a card like this?
Originally Posted by lightsout
I didn't mean your thread was pointless, for sure all new GPU's should be posted in the news section. Just AMD with their poor pricing here.
Where's the "same performance at lower price bracket" of old that we've been used to all these years?
Very simple to explain.
1) You get to go smaller using 7nm but now you don't get price benefit so the price does not drop(It goes up), you only get the benefits of power and smaller die size.
2) 128-bit vs 256-bit (Saves die space but have to use G6)
3) G6, its expensive. You want 8Gb for under $200 when you start paying $400+ from the other camp for 8GB G6.
- AMD/ Nvidia can't compete at under $100 and make mone. Margins are too low and close.
- Also, 5500 is Apple first kind of GPU. No reason for AMD to lose or make not money in order to get a "fake" market share increase. For gamers there is no reason to stick to a brand because of prior price/perf.
- AMD has tried to be very aggressive with pricing. It doesn't work. In the GPU space you are as good as the product you selling right now.