[WCCFtech]EVGA releases RTX 2060 KO series - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[WCCFtech]EVGA releases RTX 2060 KO series

post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 03:41 PM
sudo apt install sl

Rep: 182 (Unique: 125)
Quote: Originally Posted by maltamonk View Post
Like you well know the "features" on the 2060 are not the same as the "features on the 2080/ti. The card simply doesn't have the power to utilize them well. It's much like having 8gb ram on a rx 570...it doesn't do all that much. As for rendering performance AMD got crapped on for years for having better rendering than Nvidia at the cost of fps. Now they have focused on fps and the script is being flipped.
So no we don't have AMD charging 400 for a 250 card while Nvidia's 400 is justifiable, neither is.

Maybe if you could point out on the doll where AMD touched you we could work on resolving whatever your hatred for them is.
Of course the RTX 2060 isn't the same as the RTX 2080/Ti, that's why there is a price difference between those cards. When those extra cores of the RTX 2060 are used they provide much better performance than the entire GTX 10 series lineup along with Navi. The RTX 2060 is between 13-26% faster than the GTX 1080 Ti at deep learning when using Tensor cores. When rendering using OptiX the RTX 2060 also provides better performance than the entire GTX 10 series and Navi(even using Radeon ProRender) when not memory limited(can always buy a RTX 2060 Super). The RX 5700 XT is only an average of 24% faster than the RX Vega 56 in games. With performance below the RX Vega 56 when it comes to compute and even lacks ROCm support. So I don't see how the price can stay the same unless they're also using technology that's not ready for the masses(cough 7nm) and passing the cost down to us.

nVidia's RTX 2060 was 37% faster than the GTX 1060 and added all the features below. The RTX 2060 had the best cost to performance ratio for deep learning thanks to the tensor cores. When I bought my Radeon VII I saw an improvement of 123% over the RX Vega 64 in training performance and that's at the same batch size. While all other renders and applications all saw a 30%+ improvement. Navi isn't priced correctly and it's taking advantage of Turing pricing. If gamers cared they'd fix this by not supporting both companies. For my use case if AMD doesn't release a consumer version of Arcturus I'll be switching back to nVidia.

RTX Features:

RT Cores
Tensor Cores
VRS
Turing Shaders
NVENC
Studio Drivers

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 5.1Ghz w/ 1.36v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Radeon VII @ 2100Mhz/1250Mhz w/ 1218mV
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 32GB 3200Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector Radeon VII - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by WannaBeOCer; 01-13-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:45 PM
Vandelay Industries

Rep: 79 (Unique: 60)
This segment is not for those applications. These are not prosumer products, Consumers using the applications you listed are not using the 2060 nor the rx5700. They will be using with the prosumer cards or the professional options. So what really matters in this segment is what the cards are actually being used for.

When it comes to all the AI deep learning etc....on the 2080ti I'm agree with you. It matters for that card. I just don't agree that it matters on the 2060. They need to examine what their customer base is and it's not a niche of a niche. "Hey, I got an idea. Let's screw over the majority of our customers for said product to cater to a very small subset. Brilliant!"
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 04:52 PM
sudo apt install sl

This segment is not for those applications. These are not prosumer products, Consumers using the applications you listed are not using the 2060 nor the rx5700. They will be using with the prosumer cards or the professional options. So what really matters in this segment is what the cards are actually being used for.

When it comes to all the AI deep learning etc....on the 2080ti I'm agree with you. It matters for that card. I just don't agree that it matters on the 2060. They need to examine what their customer base is and it's not a niche of a niche. "Hey, I got an idea. Let's screw over the majority of our customers for said product to cater to a very small subset. Brilliant!"
I have 50 RTX 2060 in workstations for deep learning because of the Tensor cores. They effectively double our GPU memory at the cost of training accuracy. It's not 2007 anymore, GPUs do much more than display images on a screen. You're absolutely correct we won't be touching Navi.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 629 (Unique: 342)
Quote: Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
Single slot of ssf? Isn't length usually a bigger concern? Unless your talking water cooled.
no clue. not my niche.

....googling....binging...yahooing...

yeah, seems kinda moot, but i'm sure someone out there doing epic mod stuff like stuffing i9s n 2080tis in xbox's would appreciate it (looks at 4 people total)

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:21 PM
PC Evangelist

Rep: 1800 (Unique: 1176)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Of course the RTX 2060 isn't the same as the RTX 2080/Ti, that's why there is a price difference between those cards. When those extra cores of the RTX 2060 are used they provide much better performance than the entire GTX 10 series lineup along with Navi. The RTX 2060 is between 13-26% faster than the GTX 1080 Ti at deep learning when using Tensor cores. When rendering using OptiX the RTX 2060 also provides better performance than the entire GTX 10 series and Navi(even using Radeon ProRender) when not memory limited(can always buy a RTX 2060 Super). The RX 5700 XT is only an average of 24% faster than the RX Vega 56 in games. With performance below the RX Vega 56 when it comes to compute and even lacks ROCm support. So I don't see how the price can stay the same unless they're also using technology that's not ready for the masses(cough 7nm) and passing the cost down to us.

nVidia's RTX 2060 was 37% faster than the GTX 1060 and added all the features below. The RTX 2060 had the best cost to performance ratio for deep learning thanks to the tensor cores. When I bought my Radeon VII I saw an improvement of 123% over the RX Vega 64 in training performance and that's at the same batch size. While all other renders and applications all saw a 30%+ improvement. Navi isn't priced correctly and it's taking advantage of Turing pricing. If gamers cared they'd fix this by not supporting both companies. For my use case if AMD doesn't release a consumer version of Arcturus I'll be switching back to nVidia.

RTX Features:

RT Cores
Tensor Cores
VRS
Turing Shaders
NVENC
Studio Drivers
What is so special about NVENC? I keep hearing about this but from what I can tell its only old H.264 Encoder which performs/look better for Nvidia.

Yamato
(10 items)
Ishimura
(13 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE
RAM
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL14
Hard Drive
Samsung SM961 512GB
Hard Drive
HGST DeskStar NAS 6TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2
Cooling
Gamdias Chione M1A-280R
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C TG
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.8GHz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
GPU
AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
RAM
AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10
Hard Drive
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
Hard Drive
Toshiba X300 5TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
Cooling
Corsair H100i GTX
Case
Fractal Design Define Nano S
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Monitor
LG OLED55C7P
Keyboard
Cooler Master MasterKeys MK750
Mouse
Finalmouse Air58 Ninja
▲ hide details ▲

post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:42 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 140 (Unique: 94)
RTX Features:

RT Cores
Tensor Cores
VRS
Turing Shaders
NVENC
Studio Drivers
This doesn't hold water to anything tangible from my prospective. For example rt cores, tensor cores and turing shaders by themselves is not a feature (they are aspects to the Uarch). I see features and something anyone can use and is less niche.

For example AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 offers features like:
Radeon Boost
Integer Display Scaling
Radeon Anti-Lag
Radeon Image Sharpening
AMD Link
DirectML Media Filters
New Built-in web browser
Game Advisor
Etc

See the difference. I didn't go into the uarch of the card to point out features like RDNA!
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:45 PM
sudo apt install sl

Quote: Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
This doesn't hold water to anything tangible from my prospective. For example tensor cores and turing shaders by themselves is not a feature (they are aspects to the Uarch). I see features and something anyone can use and is less niche.

For example AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 offers features like:
Radeon Boost
Integer Display Scaling
Radeon Anti-Lag
Radeon Image Sharpening
AMD Link
DirectML Media Filters
New Built-in web browser
Game Advisor
Etc

See the difference. I didn't go into the uarch of the card to point out features like RDNA! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
When you look at a new card you look at what features are specific to the architecture not just what's available in their software suite.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 140 (Unique: 94)
When you look at a new card you look at what features are specific to the architecture not just what's available in their software suite.
Wrong, as I posted earlier.
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Vandelay Industries

Rep: 79 (Unique: 60)
Why the 2060 over the 2070 back 1st half of last year*? Are you not using 16 bit training?

*I am assuming you got them back then
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-13-2020, 07:18 PM
sudo apt install sl

Why the 2060 over the 2070 back 1st half of last year*? Are you not using 16 bit training?

*I am assuming you got them back then
They provided the best cost to performance at that time along with not requiring a power supply upgrade. Yes we're using FP16 which is why 6GB of memory is fine.

They were perfect to get our researchers to start learning how to use Tensor Cores to avoid bringing down our Titan V/P6000s compute servers.

Quote: Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
Wrong, as I posted earlier.
I understand, I'll take a rain check and get back to you when RDNA2 releases VRS, NGG and Ray Tracing support.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in