[Phoronix] NVIDIA GTC Conference Turns Into Online Event Over Coronavirus Concerns - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Phoronix] NVIDIA GTC Conference Turns Into Online Event Over Coronavirus Concerns

post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 02:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 18)
Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
GTC 2020 was always going to be an online event for me.

In any case, I'm just happy I still get to see daddy Jensen talking!
Your daddy is an annoyingly slow talker, even youtube X2 speed is not fast enough for me to listen to him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 03:20 AM
mfw

Rep: 467 (Unique: 223)
Quote: Originally Posted by PlugSeven View Post
Your daddy is an annoyingly slow talker, even youtube X2 speed is not fast enough for me to listen to him.
That's quite alright.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Gigabyte AMP500
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 04:17 AM
What should be here ?

Rep: 358 (Unique: 256)
Quote: Originally Posted by PlugSeven View Post
He talks slow for those slow among us.

#2 their debt is insane, even for a "diverse field" company. They cannot even afford to service the debt maintenance let alone make an actual dent in the debt itself. - Internet Stranger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 05:12 AM
waifu for lifu

Rep: 327 (Unique: 245)
There must be a very important announcement to continue the conference...

PCMR
(18 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN 7 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK TAICHI X370
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC2 ULTRA
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB NAS HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
8TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860 EVO SSD 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue SSD 2TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S (CPU COOLER)
Cooling
Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Blue LED Fan (X6)
Case
LIAN LI PC-V760B
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q - LED monitor - 4K - 27"
Keyboard
LEOPOLD FC980M / MAXKEY SA CHOCOLATE KEYSET
Mouse
LOGITECH G305 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Headphones
Other
Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Joystick modded
▲ hide details ▲
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 05:50 AM
u broke 666 rep :(

Rep: 681 (Unique: 361)
Quote: Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post
Stock rebound is just a start, it will drop even more.

US just announced 5 death and more will be coming soon. Virus is spreading reaching 76 countries now and still increasing. China might see re-infection from importing their virus back.

Too early to decide for next 3-6 mths. I believe the price will drop, if not they can forget about selling anything. Retrenchment is happening now in alot of places.
virus has been global for a month, they just haven't admitted it yet. they had to start once people started dying. It's closer to 10 dead now on the west coast, with two patient zeros in two different counties in florida. haven't paid attention to much else. Figure, the death rate is less than half of what China is seeing, which we have no actual clue about. ~1% death rate in Europe, but that's coming outta Poland, so they could be understating as well.

we'll see. if the market dips again, it'll simply bounce back again. people are making a fark ton of money off these little dips and dives. Short sellers be like "WE WERE RIGHT FOR ONCE!" & everyone else is like "screw your wuhan, i'm gonna be a billionaire! I want a space yacht!"

meanwhile, people are talking about this flu that started going around 2-4 weeks ago that had the strangest most potent symptoms of their life time. some noting even their pets were sick. It's been circling for a minute now. To bad every American doctor ever NEVER diagnosis for flu. they simply give drugs/antibiotics & tell you to leave. "nah, 103 fever, clear discharge? totally a resp infection! here's some liquid vicodin and a Z pack!"

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.
KAIHL Switches < CHERRY Switches, 10/10, blind taste test @ work.

Last edited by skupples; 03-03-2020 at 05:54 AM.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 05:57 AM
mfw

Rep: 467 (Unique: 223)
Quote: Originally Posted by keikei View Post
There must be a very important announcement to continue the conference...
It's always important if it's daddy Jensen.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Gigabyte AMP500
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 07:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 174 (Unique: 128)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
virus has been global for a month, they just haven't admitted it yet. they had to start once people started dying. It's closer to 10 dead now on the west coast, with two patient zeros in two different counties in florida. haven't paid attention to much else. Figure, the death rate is less than half of what China is seeing, which we have no actual clue about. ~1% death rate in Europe, but that's coming outta Poland, so they could be understating as well.

we'll see. if the market dips again, it'll simply bounce back again. people are making a fark ton of money off these little dips and dives. Short sellers be like "WE WERE RIGHT FOR ONCE!" & everyone else is like "screw your wuhan, i'm gonna be a billionaire! I want a space yacht!"

meanwhile, people are talking about this flu that started going around 2-4 weeks ago that had the strangest most potent symptoms of their life time. some noting even their pets were sick. It's been circling for a minute now. To bad every American doctor ever NEVER diagnosis for flu. they simply give drugs/antibiotics & tell you to leave. "nah, 103 fever, clear discharge? totally a resp infection! here's some liquid vicodin and a Z pack!"
I'm holding out expecting the market to drop more til about early to mid april. Should be long enough for the real number of cases to start showing up and causing panic just before the summer sun disinfects everything.

post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 09:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
The interesting thing is what will happen long term. If manufacturers get used to holding online events, we might see the end of many of large trade exhibitions. They cancelled the Geneva Auto Show this year and guess what, the car manufacturers are just announcing there cool concepts, prototypes and concept cars online instead. It does cost a lot of dollars for companies to attend and if they can get the same effect, they can use the funds elsewhere. The small players are hurt the most as they lose the ability to present there ideas to the public and big players in the industry.

Last edited by Section31; 03-03-2020 at 09:53 AM.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 02:17 PM
BOINC Cruncher

Rep: 103 (Unique: 70)
Quote: Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post
Do you know what happen in Korea? 4 patient died by COVID while waiting for hospital bed.

Death rate is at 2% when you get all the attention and healthcare, but if the entire healthcare is crippled and overwhelmed, alot more will die without care, medication and machine support or oxygen tank.

The most deadly thing about this virus is the ability to create more death by crippling healthcare system worldwide, alot other currently on machine support, cancer treatment or even diabetes will die. Even a simple dengue will kill. Car accident means its certain death, heck even a child labor without any supervision can kill.

Think far and big picture, there is no vaccine, which is why it causes worldwide panic.

Board up the house. Hide the women and children....The Plague's a comin'.

Team Boinc! - Forum Folding War Team
Gentoo Linux - Telemetry Free Since 1999!
Washington Capitals 2018 Stanley Cup Champions
Boinc Desktop
(15 items)
CrunchAholic
(10 items)
NAS
(7 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard
ASRock X370 Taichi
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVOPlus
Power Supply
EVGA 850 G2
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO AM4 CPU Block
Cooling
EKWB Coolstream XE 240 Radiator
Cooling
EKWB Coolstream PE 360 Radiator
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller 150mm Tube Res
Case
Thermaltake View 31 Tempered Glass RGB Edition
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Keyboard
Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2670
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2670
Motherboard
Asrock Rack EP2C602
GPU
EVGA 1070ti FTW
GPU
EVGA 1070ti FTW
RAM
64 GBs Samsung M939B1K70CHD-CH9 PC3-10600R
Hard Drive
Samsung HD322HJ
Power Supply
Corsair AX1200
Case
Rosewill RSV-L4000
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
CPU
i3-4130T
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI
RAM
CORSAIR CMX16GX3M2A1600C11
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 10 TB x3
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 8 TB
Case
Fractal Design Node 804
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
▲ hide details ▲

post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 07:15 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 352 (Unique: 250)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
The entire west coast should be on quarantine, with zero interstate flow.

it's too late now though. this virus incubates for weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if the obscenely violent (knocking people out for 24-48 hours straight) flu that just ravaged our office was COVID19. It's the sickest I've ever been, and quite a-typical symptoms compared to your regular flu. I was out cold for 36 hours. Woke up with an itch @ 6AM, and had a 103f fever by 5PM. Passed out cold by 8:30PM. I'm surprised an ambulance wasn't called.

I know when an anti-body test will be readily available. it'll help cut thru the propaganda & state influence of the story & tell us when it really started making the rounds.

6 dead in Washington, and patient zeros in multiple states with supposed zero contact/travel. shart's getting real.

We have a patient zero in Hillsborough county, but they just got back from Europe, while the patient zero in manatee county supposedly had zero exposure, and doesn't travel.
People don't have to travel themselves, it's enough that their neighbor, coworker, someone they meet at a supermarket, street, etc. does.
In EU it's even worse because people go to Italy for skiing in winter. And also people with regular flu being stupid, going to work and infecting others as always and don't want to stay home until other people force them to.

The lack of any good information even from govs/etc. is likely because no one has any XD

Yeah the low GP doctor quality and disinterest by prescribing the same stuff to everyone who walks with similar symptoms is in a lot of places. The anti biotics nonsense. Why bother investigating individual cases when they can prescribe some general anti biotic and make diseases immune to these medicines in the long run.

---

It certainly makes sense to postpone or change the format of conferences, expos, etc. to minimize the exposure of people. Not that it's not world wide since 2020 started anyway and if it wants to spread it will, they can't hope to magically quarantine everyone unless it's a small island screening or denying all incoming travelers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in