[TH]Phanteks’ MetallicGear Brand Launches NEO Qube Chassis - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[TH]Phanteks’ MetallicGear Brand Launches NEO Qube Chassis

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 03:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Wish Lian Li would just create a larger version of their PC-V33. I don't like the quality of this Thermaltake case I purchased. CaseMods was out of business when I was case shopping.
The Dynamic Mini should be out by end of year if not sooner.

Self Proclaimed Gaming Nutt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 06:19 PM
u broke 666 rep :(

Rep: 681 (Unique: 361)
Quote: Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
the issue with caselabs is that they had monopoly on that niche case market segment

once TT introduced some lower priced competition, caselabs is put in a troublesome position because they don't have anything to fight back against

people who desired the cube-like form factor are mostly satisfied with TT's cases, and PC elitists/nazis call TT to be a ripoff company for whatever reason

also tariffs played a bigger role in CS not being able to make the desired profit margin, even with their ridiculously high prices

mismanagement of an expensive up-front operation, with an expensive fancy high end partially automated line, + getting cloned and whatever else happened with TT = CL dead.

they probably would'a been fine under new management/restructuring. didn't they make Govt server racks or something too? wonder what happened to that.

it's kinda weird you still haven't seen someone clone the design. It's a solid way to build water'centric chassis, and in fact, they had room to improve their space utilization even more, they just gave two flips, tbf.

Quote: Originally Posted by maltamonk View Post
To be fair that's basically the PC industry model as a whole.
industry as a whole.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.
KAIHL Switches < CHERRY Switches, 10/10, blind taste test @ work.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 06:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
I'm waiting for someone to come with SMA8A Clone with same level of modularity and quality. I wouldn't mind an upgraded S8 style from LianLi, etc with support for larger rads (480mm). I don't like the thermaltake clones myself.

In regards to caselabs, the reason it closed was its parent company was in bad shape. Something about larger account receivables defaulting. I doubt TT had much impact on caselabs since the people wanting caselabs would pay caselabs prices. Caselabs materials are the same as the ones used in there server frame manufacturing. It was just caselabs over borrowing for expansion and bad debt which killed the parent (and takes caselabs out with it). Look at Mod-One, it didn't survive much longer before it got bought out by Titanrigs.

Last edited by Section31; 03-17-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 06:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 47)
We can only hope. I think the closest we've gotten to a SMA8A replacement without being crazy expensive is the Lian Li PC-V3000 but it lacks the modularity or it's cheaper, smaller knock-off cousin, the TT X71.

This case also made my day, I looked at my PC-O11 Dynamic and couldn't help but laugh.

Perpetual
(12 items)
CPU
9900K 5.0GHz
Motherboard
Asus ROG Z390-E
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Hydro Copper 2145/9151
RAM
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W
Cooling
HWLabs Nemesis 360GTX, D5/Photon 170 res, EK fittings & CPU block
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Monitor
LG 34UC79G, 144Hz, G-Sync
Keyboard
Corsair K95 LUX
Mouse
Glorious Model O
Mousepad
Steelseries QcK Prism XL
Audio
ATH-M50x
▲ hide details ▲
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 07:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
We can only hope. I think the closest we've gotten to a SMA8A replacement without being crazy expensive is the Lian Li PC-V3000 but it lacks the modularity or it's cheaper, smaller knock-off cousin, the TT X71.

This case also made my day, I looked at my PC-O11 Dynamic and couldn't help but laugh.
While I like the PC-011XL, i really do want to go to an SMA8A style case and go with 480-560mm rads and dual loop, which is the case I need. I don't like the current cases out there that support 480mm radiators.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 07:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I didn't get heavily into watercooling until after caselabs went under. Wished I would have been able to pick up a SMA8 or a STH10. I currently have the 0-11XL but I just picked up a Enthoo Elite, while it is expensive it will do everything I need and it looks better than the SMA8 IMHO.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 08:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

I saw that case but 1200cad is too much.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 02:13 PM
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱

Rep: 163 (Unique: 127)
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post
Its also become plenty apparent that building large, low volume, high quality cases is barely viable. There's a reason all the other boutique brands are focused on SFF cases now, just makes way more sense from a manufacturing and distribution perspective.

No wonder they went bankrupt the second a couple issues popped up.

For whatever reason? Come on man, rip-off products are their business model.
  1. Take something popular
  2. Tweak it just enough to avoid lawsuits
  3. Make it as cheap as possible, build quality be damned
  4. ???
  5. Profit.

Literally the Nazi behavior I was talking about.

There's only so many ways you can design a metal box to put PC parts in.

I don't even mind if TT straight up copies CL. Because the "big watercooling box" segment finally saw competition and doesn't have to pay the exorbitant monopolistic price set by caselabs.

Quality build finish is one aspect that most consumers won't really feel. People build 1 computer in 1 case, and significant overhauls are rare. Most PCs don't move from one place to another that frequently.

The main problem with caselabs is tariffs (at least from their official out of business statements).

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
mismanagement of an expensive up-front operation, with an expensive fancy high end partially automated line, + getting cloned and whatever else happened with TT = CL dead.

they probably would'a been fine under new management/restructuring. didn't they make Govt server racks or something too? wonder what happened to that.

it's kinda weird you still haven't seen someone clone the design. It's a solid way to build water'centric chassis, and in fact, they had room to improve their space utilization even more, they just gave two flips, tbf.

industry as a whole.

Probably too deep in debt to actually restructure. And even if so, they will face competition from TT.

TT has some copies of their cases. But I agree that isn't enough. Either TT or another big name should just copy CL's old and popular designs and offer them at a more consumer friendly price.

nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴ
█▀█ █▄█ ▀█▀ ▀█▀

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 02:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

I don't even mind if TT straight up copies CL. Because the "big watercooling box" segment finally saw competition and doesn't have to pay the exorbitant monopolistic price set by caselabs.

Quality build finish is one aspect that most consumers won't really feel. People build 1 computer in 1 case, and significant overhauls are rare. Most PCs don't move from one place to another that frequently.

The main problem with caselabs is tariffs (at least from their official out of business statements).

Probably too deep in debt to actually restructure. And even if so, they will face competition from TT.

TT has some copies of their cases. But I agree that isn't enough. Either TT or another big name should just copy CL's old and popular designs and offer them at a more consumer friendly price.
Assuming caselabs only had the issue with Tariff, then its parent company wouldn't have gone under at the same time. Thermaltake doesn't produce server frame racks for US government and the B2b's. It's parent company was around for much longer and was making server frames for government and b2bs. Some users here did some digging about it through the california legal system and found out more what actually caused caselabs to go under. It wasn't 100% related to the tariffs but were small part of it. It's closure was quite odd, they didn't go the normal bankruptcy route. It's like they went the route they wanted to close down the business permanently and not pay outstanding liabilities.

Last edited by Section31; 03-18-2020 at 02:29 PM.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
Meep

Rep: 327 (Unique: 234)

So what are you suggestinging? That everyone just starts doing copy/paste ripoffs like this NEO Qube? Fun times when everyone is selling the exact same things, while being stuck in a perpetual circle of lowering cost/quality.

There are only so many ways to design a box, yet its still extremely obvious when something is a straight ripoff.

There's a big difference between copying some features and/or taking inspiration vs just ripping of a complete design.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in