[HeXus]Raijintek unveils the Morpheus 8057 - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[HeXus]Raijintek unveils the Morpheus 8057

post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 10:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Sir Beregond View Post
Do those memory and VRM heatsinks have the problem of "falling off"?
I used them on my 1070 and they were not going anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 10:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
Shame that the cooler is basically the same, but at least there is and option for an aftermarket GPU cooler out there for newer cards (without having to mod your own mounting). Then again, I guess there was not much they could do. Add and extra heatpipe? Change to 8mm heatpipes? Smaller fin stack with more packed fins? Bigger base? The Morpheus II is already big and heavy as it is (without the fans) and you ideally would want a GPU support bracket installed along side it.
The VRM and vram heatsinks are useless most of the time and I doubt it would be any different with this model. Not that they fall off or anything (thermal tape sticks well enough if you clean surfaces properly). If you are changing your cooler this way you may as well get some copper heatsinks.
Many of the better aftermarket heatsinks on top end cards (and these days even on some low high end and top mid tier cards) are already rather beefy. Only the fans are crap, but nothing stops you from changing them to full size case fans.
Maybe they could've kept the same length and increased the width so there would be more area in the finstack to dissipate heat. Or maybe they could've copied the prolimatech MK-26 design and just increased the finstack area by making it as long as the Morpheus II.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in