[HM] Herman Miller and Logitech Gaming Chair - Page 12 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[HM] Herman Miller and Logitech Gaming Chair

post #111 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 09:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 31)
Quote: Originally Posted by speed_demon View Post
I'm just a hair under 6'4" myself and I found the Steelcase Criterion Plus to be the absolute best chair for us tall folk. Seriously it's phenomenal. Not to say that your chair isn't going to be, just that the "Plus" version is specifically created for taller people.
You won't like what I have to say. If you are 6'4 then the Herman Miller EMBODY is the chair for you. One of it's design principles was to make sure it would fit a wide array of sizes and Body types. Now bear in mind the Embody usually sells for $1200-$1250 from retailers. Herman Miller has a 30 day no hassle return policy if you don't like the chair. If this is too steep for your budget I can give you recommendations for other more budget oritated chair $400-600

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 10:14 AM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 737 (Unique: 388)
thinking about driving into tampa to pick up an aeron for ~$300-$400.'

the only Steelcases available appear to be older models, without the fancy arm tech.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #113 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 01:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 523 (Unique: 361)
Quote: Originally Posted by Kokin View Post
The mentality of buying something cheap every few years instead of buying one quality product that will easily last 15-20 years is kind of insane. Life became so much easier once I learned to get rid of that mentality.
That's the mentality that led us to importing all this Chinese junk and the Walmart explosion. Both two terrible things that happened to the country. Why buy some crappy Chinese blender that cost $25 and lasts two years when you can buy a USA/German/Japanese one for $150 and lasts 50 years.

GPU: TITAN RTX - 2175 MHz, liquid cooled
CPU: 9900K 5.4 GHz, liquid cooled
MB: ASUS Maximus XI Gene
RAM: G.Skill 32GB 4000 MHz Samsung B-Die
SSD: Intel Optane 905P - 960GB
DISPLAY: LG 48CX OLED / VR: Modified Vive Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 01:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
the chinese ones have rgb.....
post #115 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 04:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by iamjanco View Post
Very good info, much appreciated

Found a bunch of high end chairs on CL within 300 miles of me. Besides the chairs, I happen to own the modmike already; it's great
i know im late but I tried the leap in store when I was choosing between it and the gesture. I didnt like the herman miller embody as much because I heard of issues of the spine things breaking and the back rest portion didnt feel as comfortable to me.

The leap seating area is more comfortable than the gesture as I think its thicker padding. The gesture has better movable arm rests and a better headrest as the one on the leap wasnt as adjustable as I would like (it was fixed). To me the gesture was better for my needs.

After using it for even longer periods during this corona pandemic, the seat padding got to me, so I ordered a purple cushion to use with it.

Theyre all really good chairs and you cant really go wrong, but you should look at whats important to you since they do have these differences.

Quote: Originally Posted by smokedawg View Post
Just got a Steelcase Gesture a couple of days ago and I did not know what I was missing out on. It was in use for about 2 months and I got it for €690 (new it would have been about €950-€1000 from what I saw online). I decided to get something nice since I spend more time working from home now.
I started to feel uncomfortable in the old chair (100-200€ chair where only seat height could be adjusted) after a couple of hours and also the leather and fabric were worn out.
Though I have read reports from users who loved the Gesture at first but started to feel uncomfortable (pain even) after a couple of weeks. I am about 6'4" so I was worried that the unadjustable back height would cause issues but I sat in it before I bought it and it feels good to me. Will have to see about the long term.

I recommend getting a purple cushion or something similar if youre using it for extended periods. Only complaint I have with the gesture is the thin cushion and thin lumbar support. I also got the purple back rest and this combo is working great for me so far.

Last edited by hisXLNC; 08-01-2020 at 04:04 PM.
post #116 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-01-2020, 04:51 PM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 737 (Unique: 388)
pollution is real, even once you're wealthy and diversified.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in