[HM] Herman Miller and Logitech Gaming Chair - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[HM] Herman Miller and Logitech Gaming Chair

post #11 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 01:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 129 (Unique: 97)
Quote: Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
The HM version of these can be found on craigslist for well under $600 if you live in a big city.
Rule #1: Never buy a used chair because you don't know if it's been farted on.

Rule #2: See Rule #1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 01:54 PM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 737 (Unique: 388)
Quote: Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
The HM version of these can be found on craigslist for well under $600 if you live in a big city.
Specially now with all the work from home fallout office closures. I got my standing desk for half off, brand new, thanks to this 😉

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #13 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 02:20 PM
Meep

Rep: 333 (Unique: 235)
Quote: Originally Posted by Baasha View Post
Rule #1: Never buy a used chair because you don't know if it's been farted on.

Rule #2: See Rule #1.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world. Those who fart on their desk chair, and liars.

If you're not joking, I mean, people buy used cars all the time. Just hit it with a steam or carpet cleaner and its as good as new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 02:33 PM
Still here...

Rep: 147 (Unique: 66)
Dry farts aren't really problematic when it comes to secondhand chairs. It's those farts with high levels of moisture content that you really have to watch out for.

There's a special word used in certain circles for that: wet-s.

Regardless, anyone have any experience with the Steelcase Leap?

Last edited by iamjanco; 07-25-2020 at 02:36 PM.
post #15 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 02:54 PM
Robotic Chemist

Rep: 202 (Unique: 134)
I have the non-Logitech version of this chair, I got it after one of my legs went weird sitting in my old one too much. It is very comfortable, the seat is awesome but the arms are a bit annoying. For the money I would want them to not be so easy to 'adjust'. It is common that when I push against them to adjust my posture they pop out to their extra wide setting.

What is "Gaming" about it? Blue plastic accents instead of clear/white and black? It looks fine but how did Logitech contribute?

"Soldering resistors onto your video card to bypass the manufacturers over current protection kind-of sort-of absolute-definitely voids your warranty"
Desktop
(17 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3950X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VIII Hero
GPU
Nvidia 2080 Ti
RAM
32GB DDR4 3600
Hard Drive
Intel 900P
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Optical Drive
Asus BW-16D1HT
Power Supply
Seasonic 1200W
Cooling
EK Velocity + EK GPU Block
Case
Old Marble Slab
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG C9 55"
Keyboard
Wooting two
Mouse
Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Mousepad
Logitech G PowerPlay
Audio
Arctis Pro Wireless
Other
Mellanox 40GbE
▲ hide details ▲

post #16 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 02:54 PM
LTSC for life crew

Rep: 156 (Unique: 107)
Steelcase leaps are pretty darn comfy. And super adjustable. If I didn't already have a fancy Steelcase Criterion+ I might have been tempted to buy one myself.

Also see my little guide I wrote up last year - How To: Save Money While Gaming On High End Stuff

When I was doing the write up I found several dozen new/nearly new Steelcase and Herman Miller chairs on craigslist for around $100 each. If you can find a business selling them off you can get basically brand new old stock units for very low cost.

Alternatively, this Steelcase at $317 shipped is a phenomenal deal for those that prefer to buy online. I've heard back from two people that bought these and both were happy with their purchases. - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TW85MYV

CPU
Ryzen 1600 AF
Motherboard
MSI X470 Gaming Plus
GPU
MSI R9 390 8GB
RAM
16GB DDR4-3000
Hard Drive
120GB HP M700 SSD
Hard Drive
Samsung Spintpoint M9T 2TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200 (2017)
Cooling
Thermalright True Spirit 140
Case
Fractal Define S
Operating System
Windows 10 LTSC
Keyboard
Alienware W/Cherry MX Switches
Mouse
Logitech G5
▲ hide details ▲

post #17 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 03:18 PM
Still here...

Rep: 147 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by speed_demon View Post
Steelcase leaps are pretty darn comfy. And super adjustable. If I didn't already have a fancy Steelcase Criterion+ I might have been tempted to buy one myself.

Also see my little guide I wrote up last year - How To: Save Money While Gaming On High End Stuff

When I was doing the write up I found several dozen new/nearly new Steelcase and Herman Miller chairs on craigslist for around $100 each. If you can find a business selling them off you can get basically brand new old stock units for very low cost.

Alternatively, this Steelcase at $317 shipped is a phenomenal deal for those that prefer to buy online. I've heard back from two people that bought these and both were happy with their purchases. - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TW85MYV
Very good info, much appreciated

Found a bunch of high end chairs on CL within 300 miles of me. Besides the chairs, I happen to own the modmike already; it's great

post #18 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 05:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 176 (Unique: 130)
Quote: Originally Posted by chessmyantidrug View Post
A lot of people I know were shocked at the price of this chair because they're too used to the price of bad, overpriced racing-style gaming chairs. You aren't even paying extra for Logitech branding, at least if you don't factor in discounts. This is the kind of chair I would recommend getting around Black Friday through Cyber Monday. I have a Triigger 350 and absolutely love it, but not at the $800 price tag that's advertised. I got mine for $520 Black Friday 2018. I expect to see this Logitech-branded Embody on sale for around $1200 Black Friday weekend. Still more than I'm willing to spend on a chair, but would be a nice investment for streamers and professional gamers alike.

I dunno, my DXRacer chair I have been using for 5 years now is still holding up strong. It's got some shocking good build quality for being a $200 leet gamerz chair.

post #19 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 05:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 28)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Save yourself some money and get a debranded version: https://store.hermanmiller.com/offic...ml?lang=en_US&
Yup this right here

Ryzen 1600 @ 3.6 || Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H (X370) || Patriot Viper 4x4(16GB) 2133 @ 3000 || WD SN750 NVMe 500GB || Inland/PhisonE8 NVMe 256GB || XFX RX570 4GB || Corsair 650M v2.92 || CM Hyper 212 Black RGB Cooler || NZXT H510 Black || 2x24" 1200p HPZR24w
post #20 of 116 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 06:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 158)
Quote: Originally Posted by LancerVI View Post
I have to admit, the older I get, the more expensive my chairs become. Getting old sucks. Believe me when I say; invest in a good bed and chair.

I also have to admit; I like the look of the Logitech. Though, if I had to choose, I'd probably go Steelcase Gesture w/headrest.
Yep! I just talked to someone about that very same logic today.
I never thought I would spend that much on a chair, but I'm 37 and I can't afford to rehab two weeks every two months because of a bad back.

Last edited by WorldExclusive; 07-27-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in