[Techspot] AMD Catalyst Omega Drivers - Page 10 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Techspot] AMD Catalyst Omega Drivers

Closed Thread

post #91 of 1132 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 04:58 AM
Iconoclast

Rep: 3135 (Unique: 1869)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWNCO View Post

dude stop getting so hurt. im sorry your mad your cards may not be supported by the new drivers. maybe its time to upgrade to a newer card.

Drivers are obviously beta or pre-beta state at this point, or they would not have been pulled. I'm willing to bet they will support all GCN cards, at the very least (and probably the 6000 series as well), in their final incarnation, even if all features won't be fully enabled on older architectures.

I have an R9 290X, amongst other cards, by the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

And people wonder why I rolled my eyes and all but laughed when someone in another thread JUST told me that they would take AMD because they had better drivers.

As I was saying about unfinished driver releases...don't let the level of support included in a leaked build color your opinions. There have been AMD drivers that eventually supported the full spectrum of remotely modern cards started out only supporting a handful of APUs, or a single line of FirePro cards upon initial release/leak.

...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. -- Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1132 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duriel View Post

i don't know about that.

Are you a console player? If yes then 1080P is going to be the present and the future for you.
post #93 of 1132 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 05:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 54 (Unique: 40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkX 1 View Post

With all due respect, you having a 290X does not make it alright . Not everybody has a 290(X).

Also, since when did the 280 become a "low end" GPU? The 280, 280X, 7950, 7970 are mid-range GPUs, with enough power and VRAM to push high settings at 1080p.

1080P is history.
and why do you think AMD and Nvidia released VSR and DSR wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 1132 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 05:03 AM
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noufel View Post

To make 1080p look better.

...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. -- Thomas Jefferson
post #95 of 1132 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 05:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 369 (Unique: 231)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumajou View Post

Everything AMD does is sloppy, it's not hard to see...
So sloppy that they deliver a competing product versus Nvidia's offering every generation rolleyes.gif

They should add custom resolution to CCC and it will be golden.
post #96 of 1132 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post

To make 1080p look better.

To sum up. smile.gif
post #97 of 1132 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 05:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 46 (Unique: 32)
Fermi -> Kepler -> Maxpleb

Hawaii -> Tonga (VI 2.0) -> Pirate

3 gens of support from both teams. What is teh prob??confused.gifthinking.gif

BTW these are obviously meant to launch with or adjacent to Pirate. So I include that.
post #98 of 1132 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post

As I was saying about unfinished driver releases...don't let the level of support included in a leaked build color your opinions

How about I quote AMD directly ...

http://i.imgur.com/XzPWNU3.jpg

"AMD also focused on improving the driver experience by fixing a MASSIVE AMOUNT OF BUGS" (Last page, in AMD's own words.)

Massive amount of bugs? Shouldn't a good set of drivers NOT have a massive amount of them to fix? ESPECIALLY the RELEASED versions that this beta release supposedly fixed? And lets face it, the ones they list in the text after that direct quote ... are pretty MAJOR ones.

I'm just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noufel View Post

Bingo!

4K will remain largely a novelty in 2015. Maybe by 2016 or 2017 when the 1080p TVs and monitors start failing after 3-5 years, people will replace them with 4K, but most people aren't going to run out and drop another $1000+ for a 4K 60Hz+ monitor.

post #99 of 1132 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 05:10 AM
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

Massive amount of bugs? Shouldn't a good set of drivers NOT have a massive amount of them to fix? And lets face it, the ones they list in the text after that direct quote ... are pretty MAJOR ones.

I'm just saying.

Virtually all drivers have massive amounts of bugs. Just look at the NVIDIA driver release notes, specifically the known issues, and the list of issues they never intend to fix.

I have plenty of drivers that work plenty well enough for my purposes, but I don't think I have drivers for anything that has few enough total bugs for me to be able to argue about which driver may have more or less. A forest doesn't have to be very large for you to not see the edge when you are standing in the middle of it.

post #100 of 1132 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 05:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 37)
I hope VSR work like DSR and i can clse multie resolution and use it on just about any games just by ticking yes somewhere.

That is one feature i love...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in