[Nvidia] Geforce 416.34 Driver + 416.64 hotfix - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Nvidia] Geforce 416.34 Driver + 416.64 hotfix

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Not a linux lobbyist

Rep: 45 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by go4life View Post
Think it might have begun for Quadro only, however it seems to have been part of Geforce drivers a long while as well. Found some release notes for over 1year old drivers and it was present there as well. But no settings or anything that I have ever seen for it.

Edit: "mostly learned how geforce and quadro don't get along very well together." Care to elaborate? Do not have much experience with their professional series, and this got me curious!
The control panel looked the same, had a bunch of professional program optimization stuff that it looked like you have to download or something and nview, which I played with for a bit because I wasn't seeing anything else of interest to me. I'm sure the optimizations are of great interest to those that use them but I just game.
Also my os would lock up fast if I stuck that 710 class quadro 410 in my pc with the 780tis. I just wanted to run it a bit and see if I could find some 10 bit displaying program trial to see if my tv did that, but I couldn't get that far with the 780tis and geforce drivers in there. I tried a couple of times since it could still be a physx card but found it easiest to reinstall my os after the drivers got totally borked. Tried using the 410 later on it's own with a pc that never saw geforce drivers and it works fine, like an igpu that can use nView.

My tv has 10 bit decode, but apparently the panel just pretends. Newer games do a good job of getting rid of the banding though.

Edit: I didn't get the quadro control panel working when I was trying to jam it in with my 780tis, that was later on in the different computer. I just answered in the wrong chronological order since that is how it came up in my head.

L5
(17 items)
Lea2
(11 items)
L7
(11 items)
CPU
5775c
Motherboard
Maximus VII Hero
GPU
Aorus 1080ti Waterforce
RAM
16 Gb Gskill Trident @ 2400,cas10,1.575v
RAM
8 Gb Gskill Trident @ 2400,cas10,1.575v
Hard Drive
1Tb Team ssd
Hard Drive
seagate barracuda 3T
Hard Drive
Optane 900p 480G OS
Optical Drive
Asus BW-16D1HT
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1300 G2
Cooling
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 120 (cpu)
Cooling
2 140mm case fans, 2 120mm
Case
Fractal Design R4 (no window)
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
panasonic TC-58AX800U
Audio
Focal Elear, Nova 40, 598se, HE4xx, DT990pro w b.boost earpads
Audio
SoundbasterX AE-5, onboard
CPU
Motherboard
Asus Z87 Deluxe
GPU
Fury Nitro
RAM
8Gb klevv urbane 2133
Hard Drive
ROG Raidr 240Gb pcie
Hard Drive
1Tb WD blue
Power Supply
Pc Power&Cooling silencer Mk2 950w
Cooling
Deepcool Lucifer V2
Case
DIYPC P48-W
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
40"tv
CPU
4980hq
Motherboard
Asus H81T/CSM
RAM
8Gb 1600 samsung
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 evo 120gb
Power Supply
Skyvast 90w brick for hp pavilion something
Cooling
SilverStone Tek Super Slim
Case
SilverStone Tek PT13B
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
24" samsung 1080p
Keyboard
Logitech K400+
Other
Intel wifi ac card and noname antennas
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by rluker5; 10-12-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
-

Rep: 585 (Unique: 416)
Have been using this driver since the day it came out, and so far all is good with sig rig!
Forza Horizon 4, Hitman and GTA V runs as expected and with no issues to report. Netflix and all daily tasks works fine as well!

Quote: Originally Posted by rluker5 View Post
The control panel looked the same, had a bunch of professional program optimization stuff that it looked like you have to download or something and nview, which I played with for a bit because I wasn't seeing anything else of interest to me. I'm sure the optimizations are of great interest to those that use them but I just game.
Also my os would lock up fast if I stuck that 710 class quadro 410 in my pc with the 780tis. I just wanted to run it a bit and see if I could find some 10 bit displaying program trial to see if my tv did that, but I couldn't get that far with the 780tis and geforce drivers in there. I tried a couple of times since it could still be a physx card but found it easiest to reinstall my os after the drivers got totally borked. Tried using the 410 later on it's own with a pc that never saw geforce drivers and it works fine, like an igpu that can use nView.

My tv has 10 bit decode, but apparently the panel just pretends. Newer games do a good job of getting rid of the banding though.

Edit: I didn't get the quadro control panel working when I was trying to jam it in with my 780tis, that was later on in the different computer. I just answered in the wrong chronological order since that is how it came up in my head.
Thanks for sharing! When it comes to the Geforce and Quadro drivers, think you can mod either of them to accept another card so it works together. Read something about a few years ago. My TV is 10bit, but for some reason I can select 12bit in the Nvidia CP. Perhaps similar to yours?
Sorry for the late reply, my head has just been at a standstill lately...

Last edited by go4life; 10-21-2018 at 01:47 PM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 10:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 16)
Please dont cut open issues out of the thread ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter
-

Quote: Originally Posted by TheBDK View Post
Please dont cut open issues out of the thread ..
I do not mind having them present, it's only that the first post becomes a bit to long and therefor I decided to not include changes, fixes and open issues (Also having some issues with spoiler/hide function on OCN, so until later it will be as is). Along with more work for me every time.

You can find all of it in the release notes that are always linked, if you want to see it

Last edited by go4life; 10-22-2018 at 01:23 AM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
-

Hotfix driver 416.64 has been out a few days, forgot to post it here.

Quote:
This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 416.64 that addresses the following:

Far Cry 5: Flicker during gameplay
Monster Hunter World: Corruption is seen when Volume Rendering Quality is set to highest
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Flicker during gameplay
Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Improves game stability
When audio playback is paused, audio receiver switches from multi-channel to stereo. Increased period from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details...-download.html

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
-

So I tried the hotfix driver on Far Cry 5, it was noticeably smoother and much less flickering. Real nice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in