[Neowin]Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion announced alongside a Witcher crossover - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Neowin]Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion announced alongside a Witcher crossover

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
Original 16-bit Genesis®

Rep: 65 (Unique: 42)
[Neowin]Monster Hunter World: Iceborne expansion announced alongside a Witcher crossover

Quote:
Capcom announced today that its award-winning RPG Monster Hunter World will be receiving its first expansion, Iceborne, next year. Unexpectedly, the Japanese company also revealed a collaboration with CD Projekt RED that will bring in everyone's favorite monster hunter from The Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, over to Monster Hunter World.

According to Capcom, the Icebourne expansion will bring along massive amounts of new content including "new quest ranks, locales, monsters, moves and gear." It will also serve as a continuation of the base game's campaign following its ending.

There's a bit of a wait before players can get their hands on the expansion, however. Icebourne currently has an autumn 2019 release window for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with a PC version planned for sometime later.

n the meantime, The Witcher crossover will be happening in early 2019 as part of a free update. This isn't just a skin either, as there will be special questlines with new gameplay elements that "blends the immersive RPG experience of The Witcher 3 with Monster Hunter: World." Geralt's original voice actor Doug Cockle is returning to voice his character for this incursion as well.

They're always delaying the PC version. That's going to be over a year from now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 01:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 46 (Unique: 31)
Gotta say Monster Hunter World was an obvious step in the right direction, but if someone played any of the previous MH games they'd know that the end game for World was absolutely abysmal. No G-rank or legitimate guild quests was a disaster to longevity of the game, hopefully this expansion fixes that.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 04:53 PM
GPU Enthusiast

Rep: 185 (Unique: 140)
Hopefully it's not delayed as long, don't see why it would be as big an issue as porting the original game over at least.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Null

Rep: 159 (Unique: 129)
Quote: Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
Gotta say Monster Hunter World was an obvious step in the right direction, but if someone played any of the previous MH games they'd know that the end game for World was absolutely abysmal. No G-rank or legitimate guild quests was a disaster to longevity of the game, hopefully this expansion fixes that.
World is the first entry in a new series. It's not an Ultimate game. Not sure why you and so many others had ridiculous expectations, especially when they made it clear going up to launch this was a reboot/refresh of the series. I put in 200 hrs just running the course of the game which is more than most games.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Needs more voltage

Rep: 36 (Unique: 34)
Quote: Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by geoxile View Post
World is the first entry in a new series. It's not an Ultimate game. Not sure why you and so many others had ridiculous expectations, especially when they made it clear going up to launch this was a reboot/refresh of the series. I put in 200 hrs just running the course of the game which is more than most games.
None of this is anything new, it's just that the base MH games were never released outside of Japan. We always got the G/Ultimate version. Typically when MH games first release they don't have a G Rank, that comes out a year or so later with the G version of the game, which is then translated and sold to the rest of the world as the Ultimate version. The difference here is that World released worldwide at the same time, and they're bringing us G rank and all that comes with it as an expansion rather than a whole new version of the game.

There are no problems, only solutions I have yet to enunciate.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 06:42 AM
Just a Crazy Cat in a Box

Rep: 84 (Unique: 63)
Quote: Originally Posted by Flames21891 View Post
None of this is anything new, it's just that the base MH games were never released outside of Japan. We always got the G/Ultimate version. Typically when MH games first release they don't have a G Rank, that comes out a year or so later with the G version of the game, which is then translated and sold to the rest of the world as the Ultimate version. The difference here is that World released worldwide at the same time, and they're bringing us G rank and all that comes with it as an expansion rather than a whole new version of the game.
Yep, I remember the first one back on the PS2 (grind fest of insane level it could be) which was just the base game.
Myself, I dump a good bit of hours in MHW. It definitly worth the money just in base form. But holy moly, can't wait for the expansion. Ice map, new monsters, weapons, G rank, woooooooooooooooooo. Without having to rebuy the game as well, sweet.

I'm just a crazy nutty gal that likes computer hardware.
Got bad hardware hoard habit too.

My consoles
Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, PS2 FAT, PS2 Slim, PS4 Pro, Switch, Xbox One S, Xbox
CPU
1950X
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E
GPU
Titan Xp
GPU
Titan Xp
GPU
GTX 1080Ti FTW3
RAM
GSkill 32GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro m.2 512GB
Hard Drive
Crucial 512GB SSD
Hard Drive
Shucked WD Helium 10TB
Hard Drive
WD Purple 8TB
Power Supply
EVGA 1300W
Case
Case Lab TX10
Operating System
Stripped W10 LTSB
Monitor
Overlord 27in 1440P (got to replace, still plan to repair)
CPU
1900X
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X399
GPU
GTX 960 FTW
GPU
GTX 1080Ti SC
RAM
Corsair 16GB 3000MHz
Hard Drive
Intel 120GB SSD
Power Supply
AX1200i
Case
Define S
Operating System
Mint Mate 18.3 Modify
Monitor
27inch Overlord 1440P
CPU
E5-2670V3
Motherboard
ASUS X99-A II
GPU
1070 Hybrid
RAM
GSkill 8GB
Hard Drive
Intel 120GB SSD
Power Supply
TX750
Case
Case Lab SM8
Operating System
Ubuntu 18.04
▲ hide details ▲

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Meow!

Rep: 242 (Unique: 204)
Hey guys, I am alive! Almost 200 hours in MHW PC. :d

~ Nothing to see here ~

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 06:24 AM
Just a Crazy Cat in a Box

Rep: 84 (Unique: 63)
Quote: Originally Posted by djriful View Post
Hey guys, I am alive! Almost 200 hours in MHW PC. :d
I would have that amount as well if not for the blasted hurricane messing up all the cable lines here. Darn ISPs keep pushing back the date for when the connections will be restored.

I'm just a crazy nutty gal that likes computer hardware.
Got bad hardware hoard habit too.

My consoles
Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, PS2 FAT, PS2 Slim, PS4 Pro, Switch, Xbox One S, Xbox
CPU
1950X
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E
GPU
Titan Xp
GPU
Titan Xp
GPU
GTX 1080Ti FTW3
RAM
GSkill 32GB 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro m.2 512GB
Hard Drive
Crucial 512GB SSD
Hard Drive
Shucked WD Helium 10TB
Hard Drive
WD Purple 8TB
Power Supply
EVGA 1300W
Case
Case Lab TX10
Operating System
Stripped W10 LTSB
Monitor
Overlord 27in 1440P (got to replace, still plan to repair)
CPU
1900X
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X399
GPU
GTX 960 FTW
GPU
GTX 1080Ti SC
RAM
Corsair 16GB 3000MHz
Hard Drive
Intel 120GB SSD
Power Supply
AX1200i
Case
Define S
Operating System
Mint Mate 18.3 Modify
Monitor
27inch Overlord 1440P
CPU
E5-2670V3
Motherboard
ASUS X99-A II
GPU
1070 Hybrid
RAM
GSkill 8GB
Hard Drive
Intel 120GB SSD
Power Supply
TX750
Case
Case Lab SM8
Operating System
Ubuntu 18.04
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in