[AMD] Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[AMD] Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2

Old 12-13-2018, 10:14 AM
Mmmm donuts.....
VicsPC Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by kd5151 View Post
Just updated. Can't find auto gpu undervolt under wattman? Not sure if I like this driver... RX 570 BTW.
You need to set it to custom instead of balanced and then you can select auto whatever. If it makes your mouse freeze don't worry its just loading up the profile. I thought my pc was frozen was about to hit the reset button.

My 1700x build
(6 items)
CPU
1700x
Motherboard
ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
Vega 64
RAM
Corsair 16gb 3200mhz CL16
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000
Case
Core X5
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Not new to overclock.net
kd5151 is an unknown quantity at this point kd5151 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: Originally Posted by VicsPC View Post
You need to set it to custom instead of balanced and then you can select auto whatever. If it makes your mouse freeze don't worry its just loading up the profile. I thought my pc was frozen was about to hit the reset button.

I think it's only for Vega. I installed the driver 3 times already.

I disabled game advisor. Thank god you can do that. The interface is less laggy. I get some mouse lag when changing settings like chill. That didn't happen before. Also when wattman is open, I can still my gpu temp next to my cursor when I'm typing and such. Annoying as hell. I think this driver is a little buggy but it seems to work as-is so I'll leave it unless a hotfix or something comes out tomorrow or whatever.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:30 AM
⤷ αC
AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about AlphaC has a spectacular aura about

Auto overclocking seems to be the biggest highlight besides "toilet mode" and relive gif making.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2018, 01:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
Takla Level 1

Auto Overclock and Auto Undervolt is Vega only. (Undervolt dosen't even work properly, it keeps memory underclocked even when 3D load is 99%) Also, auto-oc can't be used with auto-uv. Its either or. Another thing, the new fan curve is complete ****e. 0 rpm no longer works, causing the fans to permanently be on. The fan curve itself has too many temp steps which you can't delete, and you can't even set it to 0% fan speed (minimum varies by model, my minimum is 18%). The new memory timing settings do work though. Level 1 offers looser timings, allowing higher clocks on the memory. Level 2 is tighter but will offer the best performance if you can also achieve a high memory clock on top.

I rolled back my drivers. this release is quite the trainwreck. 2/10 for trying.

CPU: Intel - i5 3570k @ 4200
GPU: AMD - Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4G @ 1420/9000
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance DDR3 4x4G @ 1600
PSU: Corsair - AX860i
SSD: Samsung - Evo 840 120G
Monitor: Acer - KG271 C
Old 12-13-2018, 02:04 PM
New to Overclock.net
Worldwin Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Takla View Post
Auto Overclock and Auto Undervolt is Vega only. (Undervolt dosen't even work properly, it keeps memory underclocked even when 3D load is 99%) Also, auto-oc can't be used with auto-uv. Its either or. Another thing, the new fan curve is complete ****e. 0 rpm no longer works, causing the fans to permanently be on. The fan curve itself has too many temp steps which you can't delete, and you can't even set it to 0% fan speed (minimum varies by model, my minimum is 18%). The new memory timing settings do work though. Level 1 offers looser timings, allowing higher clocks on the memory. Level 2 is tighter but will offer the best performance if you can also achieve a high memory clock on top.

I rolled back my drivers. this release is quite the trainwreck. 2/10 for trying.
How do you know about the settings for the timings? I.E that level 1 is loose while level 2 is tight?
Old 12-13-2018, 02:28 PM
New to Overclock.net
tsamolotoff Level 1

Do they even test their major releases on non-reference vegas? Now it's impossible to change temp target, max fan rpm is locked at 1500 (half what my nitro can do), fan does not stop if you try to fix the previous issue with a custom fan curve, Auto OC is laughable - it gives less frequency as compared to undervolting (which is probably nice for people who can't bother with figuring out optimum with ntool or wattman itself). I hope they'll fix it soon, rolled back to 18.11.2. NGG fastpath and DSBR still seem to be disabled - I got paltry extra 200 points in the Firestrike normal (25000-> 25200)

S3Trio 64V+/S3 Trio3D 2x/Radeon VE 32 Mb/Sapphire R9600/Powercolor 9800 128 bit/Radeon X800/M56/Toxic [email protected] -> R9 290+Arctic ExtIV @ 1130 / 1250 -> Vega56 Nitro+ 1680/1080
Ghetto PC
(24 items)
Ryzen Beast
(13 items)
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K
Motherboard
P8Z77-V LK
GPU
Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290
RAM
Samsung QH0-CK0
RAM
Samsung QH0-CK0
RAM
Samsung DH0-CK0
RAM
Samsung
Hard Drive
Western Digital WD2002FAEX
Hard Drive
Western Digital Green WD10EAVS
Hard Drive
SSD Crucial M4
Hard Drive
Transcend SSD370
Optical Drive
LiteOn IHAS 112B @ iHAS 522B
Power Supply
Fortron/Source Everest 80Plus 650W
Cooling
Zalman Performa 10x
Cooling
220mm Thermaltake case fan
Cooling
NoiseBlocker NB-eLoop B12-3
Cooling
NoiseBlocker NB-BlackSilentFan XL1
Cooling
Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV + bastardised reference backplate
Case
Thermaltake Element S
Monitor
Dell U2312HM
Keyboard
A4Tech Bloody B540
Mouse
A4Tech Bloody V7
Audio
Asus Xonar DX
Other
Lamptron FC5V2 Fan Controller
CPU
Ryzen 2700
Motherboard
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi
GPU
Sapphire Nitro+ Vega56 Limited Edition
RAM
Patriot Viper4 C17 Series 3600
Hard Drive
Samsung 970EVO
Optical Drive
Lite-On iHAS112 @ 512
Power Supply
Thermaltake RGB Pro
Cooling
FractalDesign Celsius S36
Case
Cooler Master SL600m
Monitor
Dell U2312HM
Keyboard
A4Tech Bloody B360
Mouse
A4Tech Bloody V7
Audio
Asus Xonar DX
▲ hide details ▲
Old 12-13-2018, 02:33 PM
New to Overclock.net
Maracus Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by tsamolotoff View Post
Do they even test their major releases on non-reference vegas? Now it's impossible to change temp target, max fan rpm is locked at 1500 (half what my nitro can do), fan does not stop if you try to fix the previous issue with a custom fan curve, Auto OC is laughable - it gives less frequency as compared to undervolting (which is probably nice for people who can't bother with figuring out optimum with ntool or wattman itself). I hope they'll fix it soon, rolled back to 18.11.2. NGG fastpath and DSBR still seem to be disabled - I got paltry extra 200 points in the Firestrike normal (25000-> 25200)
If your using OverdriveNtool you will run into the same issue I have. Tbh I haven't tested any of the other features and will be rolling back to 18.11.2 also. The drivers are pretty much a bust atm.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:45 PM
New to Overclock.net
Takla Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Worldwin View Post
How do you know about the settings for the timings? I.E that level 1 is loose while level 2 is tight?
Testing in a consistent benchmark of your choice. I tested with 2000mhz memory clock and automatic (default), level 1 & level 2. default was stable. level 1 was stable and gave more points. level 2 was unstable. conclusion: level 1 is loose & level 2 is tight.

CPU: Intel - i5 3570k @ 4200
GPU: AMD - Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4G @ 1420/9000
RAM: Corsair - Vengeance DDR3 4x4G @ 1600
PSU: Corsair - AX860i
SSD: Samsung - Evo 840 120G
Monitor: Acer - KG271 C
Old 12-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Not new to overclock.net
kd5151 is an unknown quantity at this point kd5151 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: Originally Posted by Takla View Post

Yup. Fan curve sucks and my fans are on always on also. The new overlay is nice btw. I change stuff in games!
Old 12-13-2018, 03:43 PM
PC Evangelist
ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about ZealotKi11er has a spectacular aura about

Going to test it tonight with my Vega 64.

Ishimura
(13 items)
Yamato
(10 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.8GHz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
GPU
AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
RAM
AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10
Hard Drive
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
Hard Drive
Toshiba X300 5TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
Cooling
Corsair H100i GTX
Case
Fractal Design Define Nano S
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Monitor
LG OLED55C7P
Keyboard
Cooler Master MasterKeys MK750
Mouse
Finalmouse Air58 Ninja
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Z170 Deluxe
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000 CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung SM961 512GB
Hard Drive
HGST DeskStar NAS 6TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2
Cooling
Cooler Master Nepton 280L
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C TG
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in