[phoronix] Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Finally Seeing Linux Support - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[phoronix] Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Finally Seeing Linux Support

Old 01-01-2019, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 17 (Unique: 16)
[phoronix] Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Finally Seeing Linux Support

Quote:
After getting the Linux support squared away for Creative's Sound BlasterX AE-5 and Sound Blaster Recon3D, Connor McAdams latest challenge was getting the Sound Blaster ZxR support working on Linux. Overnight a set of 11 patches were sent out to get this ZxR sound card working on the mainline Linux kernel.

With these patches, the Sound Blaster ZxR should be finally working on Linux and also marks the last Creative card not working with the CA0132 Linux kernel driver. Adding in the Sound Blaster ZxR support took just about 400 lines of new code for this driver.
You can read it here: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ster-ZxR-Linux

This came just in time, lol, literally just finished my setup, have had one problem alone, no sound; and .. here we are ^^

Pride, honour and purity.

Last edited by andrews2547; 01-01-2019 at 04:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2019, 08:22 AM
Programmer

Rep: 1554 (Unique: 1016)
Good to see an old product getting driver attention. I wouldn't be without my SBZ.

Intel Core i9 9900K HT 5GHz
GIGABYTE Z390 Ultra
AMD ASUS STRIX OC VEGA 64
G-Skill Trident 2x8GB DDR4 4000MHz
Samsung EVO NVM.e 250GB
SeaSonic 1250W Gold
Corsair 900D + Custom Loop.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 17 (Unique: 16)
Yeap

I'm not a fan of DACs, [(for me) they're the unholy child of two opposing mentalities forced in a marriage], so this has definitely been good news; got no sound right now ^^
There were 'unofficial' patches out there prior to this, but one had to compile their own kernel for those, so, yeah..

Let's hope they keep this up? I'd rather have knowledgeable people working on this, delays notwithstanding, than Creative's software "designers".. can recall issue after issue ever since the SB Pro. Never their forte.

Pride, honour and purity.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in