[TechSpot] Battlefield V DLSS Tested: Overpromised, Underdelivered - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TechSpot] Battlefield V DLSS Tested: Overpromised, Underdelivered

post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:56 PM
What should be here ?

Rep: 358 (Unique: 256)
Could be that Nvidia have doctored the release footage of DLSS to create hype. Else, it doesn't make sense to have such disparity between release and actual games. Wouldn't put it past Nvidia either as they can lie in order to get the gullible to buy their overpriced cards.

#2 their debt is insane, even for a "diverse field" company. They cannot even afford to service the debt maintenance let alone make an actual dent in the debt itself. - Internet Stranger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 12:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Quote: Originally Posted by huzzug View Post
Could be that Nvidia have doctored the release footage of DLSS to create hype. Else, it doesn't make sense to have such disparity between release and actual games. Wouldn't put it past Nvidia either as they can lie in order to get the gullible to buy their overpriced cards.
That wouldn't surprise me at all. They were sating RTX was this game changing thing and showing all these RTX slides compared to slides that had not lighting at all! Or the RTX version was textured differently than the non-RTX slide! GN's breakdown really blew my mind, they pointed out about 20 other things that didn't quite add up to what Nvidia was portraying.
RTX only looks amazing when you compare it to average and bad lighting, better than previous great lighting but not every time. Reflections are hands down better with RTX but I really feel like we could do better water and mirrors without needing to spend $1200 for a GPU. DLSS was supposed to be the thing that made the performance hit worth it, sure RTX tanks your native res but you can render lower and upscale for better performance. It's pretty bad when it looks worse than simply stretching a lower resolution lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 12:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
What is the law’s definition of false advertising?
Generally, false advertising laws say that consumers have proved their case if they show: (a) that the advertising was false or misleading; (b) that the falsity was “material,” often meaning the company lied about something important; (c) the consumer saw the false advertisement; and (d) the consumer relied on the false advertising in purchasing the product or service. Consumers may show reliance be proving they wouldn’t have bought the product or service if not for the false advertising.They may also show they relied on a false advertisement if a false statement caused them to pay more for the company’s product or service than they otherwise would have.

A false advertisement may directly say something that is not true, or is misleading. By an advertisement may also be “false” based on what it doesn’t say. If important information is omitted from an advertisement and the consumer wouldn’t have bought the product or service had they known the truth, the consumer may be able to sue the company for this failure to disclose.
https://www.classlawgroup.com/consum...ertising/laws/

I feel like RTX owners could unite and sue Nvidia for maybe false advertising?, The web is full with the RTX drama, there won't be a problem to get settlement or even a win over this Failed product launch.
The beautiful demos without the FPS hit with RTX ON on RTX launch , No games to test when reviews went live, the unrealistic DEMO of DLSS with Port Royal, and some articles before launch "Just Buy It".

I think that if there is AMD lawsuit over false Bulldozer chip marketing, then this is even more possible?.
Of course I am not a lawyer, but this days everybody can sue for everything lol- who knows?:-), just posting my thoughts.

Last edited by Hwgeek; 02-20-2019 at 02:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 12:48 AM
mfw

Rep: 392 (Unique: 204)
Quote: Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post
Nvidia should give every RTX owner a 50% refund.
AGREED!!!

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 12:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

I't really serous manner, RTX owner should unite and sue over this RTX drama while it's all over the tech news, I am sure the owner will get some sort of refund since there is real case of false advertising IMO, I am note from US so I am not familiar with your local false advertising laws.
Since all the RTX cards gave you same performance at same price similar to Pascal card , so the only selling point of this cards was RT and DLSS, and we all know how it's working now.

Last edited by Hwgeek; 02-20-2019 at 12:58 AM.
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:21 AM
Performance is the bible

Rep: 437 (Unique: 301)
Quote: Originally Posted by Hwgeek View Post

I feel like RTX owners could unite and sue Nvidia for false advertising, The web is full with the RTX drama, there won't be a problem to get settlement or even a win over this Failed product launch.
The beautiful demos without the FPS hit with RTX ON on RTX launch , No games to test when reviews went live, the unrealistic DEMO of DLSS with Port Royal, and some articles before launch "Just Buy It".

I think that if there is AMD lawsuit over false Bulldozer chip marketing, then this is even more possible.
Considering you are not a lawyer, I would take your word about the possibility of a lawsuit with a mountain of salt.

I did not see such a claim that nvidia showed demons without FPS hit with RTX on. So I will take it as a lie unless you can prove otherwise.
They claimed that DLSS will increase FPS, which it has. In their DLSS page they even say that blurry images could be possible because it is a new tech. Articles claiming "just buy it" are most likely payed reviews, but it still doesn't mean what you claim it means.

The bulldozer lawsuit was about the claim that the 8 core chips were not really 8 cores. So your information is lacking quite a lot.

Quote: Originally Posted by huzzug View Post
Not sure what footage are you talking about.
There were several benchmarks from FFXV and infiltrator demo, which are actual games, not "footage", that use DLSS. TechSpot even did their initial review about it. It is linked on the first page.
BFV DLSS came out 7 days ago. The first tests were, well, decent, but RTX was horrible. Then they released a fix to RTX, which apparently screwed up DLSS with new profiles.

Whether or not nvidia bought spots for DLSS reviews and favourable words? Of course. Both AMD and Nvidia have been doing that practice since basically day one.

Since all the RTX cards gave you same performance at same price similar to Pascal card , so the only selling point of this cards was RT and DLSS, and we all know how it's working now.
That is false.
The 2080 is about 10% faster than the 1080 TI and it cost the same.
The 2070 is about 13% faster than the 1080 at the same cost.
The 2060 is faster than the 1070 TI etc etc.

Last edited by Defoler; 02-20-2019 at 01:36 AM.
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Of course I am not a lawyer, but this days everybody can sue for everything lol- who knows?:-), just posting my thoughts.

Last edited by Hwgeek; 02-20-2019 at 02:05 AM.
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:38 AM
Performance is the bible

Rep: 437 (Unique: 301)
Of course I am no a lower, but this days everybody can sue for everything lol- who knows?:-), just posting my thoughts.
Yes well problem is, your "thoughts" are based on opinion which does not correspond with reality.
And you make it sound like everyone are sure and right to run and sue, as if you found them the reason to do so. Problem is again, you are basing that on false information that you don't bother to check (or worse, know but is good enough to create the drama you want).

I am also waiting for the proof of some of your claims that why people should sue, claims you put that again, don't show up in reality.

post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 610 (Unique: 295)

I feel like RTX owners could unite and sue Nvidia for maybe false advertising?, The web is full with the RTX drama, there won't be a problem to get settlement or even a win over this Failed product launch.

I think that if there is AMD lawsuit over false Bulldozer chip marketing, then this is even more possible?.
Of course I am no a lower, but this days everybody can sue for everything lol- who knows?:-), just posting my thoughts.
The BD suit and this are entirely different as anyone who can count past four can actually count the number of cores in a BD chip. This, however, is nVidia exaggerating claims about features they know are nowhere near as good as they claim they are. They also know that by the time class action suits are settled consumers will get nothing (the 970 debacled proved it) and leather jacket man will have filled several wardrobes with new jackets.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz1729 go_quote.gif
Haha, Liranan, you creep.

Tacitus - The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. - Cree Indian Proverb
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
Yes well problem is, your "thoughts" are based on opinion which does not correspond with reality.
And you make it sound like everyone are sure and right to run and sue, as if you found them the reason to do so. Problem is again, you are basing that on false information that you don't bother to check (or worse, know but is good enough to create the drama you want).
I am also waiting for the proof of some of your claims that why people should sue, claims you put that again, don't show up in reality.
Taking that back, it came out wrong. srry ;-).
Lets hope that the next Implementation of DLSS will look better, who know maybe NV took this very seriuslly that many article and youtube reviews saying to just turn OFF DLSS,

Last edited by Hwgeek; 02-20-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in