[Anandtech] NVIDIA’s April Driver to Support Ray Tracing on Pascal GPUs! - Page 8 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Anandtech] NVIDIA’s April Driver to Support Ray Tracing on Pascal GPUs!

post #71 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 09:35 AM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Rep: 113 (Unique: 78)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post
from what gamers nexus said. it should "just work" on pascal without any extra coding. im curious how my 1080 will handle it in metro exodus. all it does in metro is apply a dark filter (not even joking go adjust the second gamma in the config) and some poorly implemented Global Illumination.
It's not a dark filter, it's bouncing light at the correct areas for indirect lighting just like in real life.

I'm curious if Voxel Cone Tracing will take off soon since Crytek's demo. Unigine also has a ton of demos using Voxel Cone Tracing, they use SSR for reflections while Crytek's demo uses a different method which they haven't announced yet.

Ya it looks pretty good. This, in Real Time, is insane. Unreal has taken the crown as far as RT demos go IMO.

https://youtu.be/Qjt_MqEOcGM

My siggy so empty frown.gif
Favorite OCN Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire go_quote.gif

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 09:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 97 (Unique: 70)
after this benchmark its decided not touching this gpus or nothing related to RT in a good 2-3 generations..

My future purchases will be related solely to achieve 4k/60 only on rasters without RT nothing with RT+DLSS 1440P paraphernalia crap. ITS NOT true 4k quality image.
its out of the question

$1200 for barely 60/1440P with dips on to the 35 on the 1% hell naw..

Shame too theres a good numbers of games that do not run at raster 60 either on one 2080 Ti so looking at that way decision purchase is even worst.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (181).png
Views:	10
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	260504  

post #73 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:12 AM
sudo apt install sl

Rep: 166 (Unique: 118)
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post
Ya it looks pretty good. This, in Real Time, is insane. Unreal has taken the crown as far as RT demos go IMO.

https://youtu.be/Qjt_MqEOcGM
That looks nice but have you watched any of the Love, Death & Robots episodes by Blur Studios? They look fantastic! They were rendered using V-Ray, I'm not sure what GPUs were used but the Ray Tracing looks fantastic.

https://www.boxx.com/Files/Files/Cus...download=false

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 4.2Ghz w/ 1v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Radeon VII @ 1900Mhz/1250Mhz w/ 1v
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 16GB 3866Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector Radeon VII - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:39 AM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
That looks nice but have you watched any of the Love, Death & Robots episodes by Blur Studios? They look fantastic! They were rendered using V-Ray, I'm not sure what GPUs were used but the Ray Tracing looks fantastic.

https://www.boxx.com/Files/Files/Cus...download=false
Nice I will check that out, in a bit .

Quote: Originally Posted by zGunBLADEz View Post
after this benchmark its decided not touching this gpus or nothing related to RT in a good 2-3 generations..

My future purchases will be related solely to achieve 4k/60 only on rasters without RT nothing with RT+DLSS 1440P paraphernalia crap. ITS NOT true 4k quality image.
its out of the question

$1200 for barely 60/1440P with dips on to the 35 on the 1% hell naw..

Shame too theres a good numbers of games that do not run at raster 60 either on one 2080 Ti so looking at that way decision purchase is even worst.
When was that made? As an Owner of a 2080ti, and SotTR, that is far from accurate as of today.

Well Here, SotTR Benchmark, at Real 4k, with settings maxed and AA off.

The bench says the lowest FPS was 62, I did see it drop to 58/59 twice, during the first section of the bench for a split second, then right back to 65~70, other than those 2 small blips, its mid 60s low 70s, the entire bench. Someone is either using old benches, or they are taking you for a ride, or both. 58 as the high, LOL, umm no.

And I even have a pretty crap CPU by todays standards, thats needs upgraded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SotTR Benchmark.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	609.4 KB
ID:	260514  

Quote:

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by Cyber Locc; 03-21-2019 at 10:46 AM.
post #75 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Nice I will check that out, in a bit .

When was that made? As an Owner of a 2080ti, and SotTR, that is far from accurate as of today.

Well Here, SotTR Benchmark, at Real 4k, with settings maxed and AA off.

The bench says the lowest FPS was 62, I did see it drop to 58/59 twice, during the first section of the bench for a split second, then right back to 65~70, other than those 2 small blips, its mid 60s low 70s, the entire bench. Someone is either using old benches, or they are taking you for a ride, or both. 58 as the high, LOL, umm no.

theres a new patch that added RT to the game "that one you have IT doesnt have it XD" legit!
my whole comment was talking about RAY TRACING fake 4k(DLSS) the need of a 4k/60 card for future reference XD

rejoice RTX in all his glory

post #76 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:49 AM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

theres a new patch that added RT to the game "that one you have IT doesnt have it XD" legit!
my whole comment was talking about RAY TRACING fake 4k(DLSS) the need of a 4k/60 card for future reference XD

rejoice RTX in all his glory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywDdjKIEzfQ
Oh I didn't know that, and that bench is with RT? Still not bad, Gsync would take care of that easily. I will grab the patch and redo my bench and check it out.

I do agree not wanting to use DLSS, but this is a 4k 60fps card. And forget that, we need a 4k 144hz Card . As I type this on a Swift PG27UQ, my PC is ready .

However, if that is RT off, my bench still applys. They are showing a avg of 58 with an low of 45, with RT off, however my Average is 72?? And my low is 62, (Likely 58, IDK why it says 62). Their is a serious discrepancy here, thats a 14 fps difference, that is quite bit, that is like 25% difference, that is a 2080 vs 2080ti difference.

Quote:

Last edited by Cyber Locc; 03-21-2019 at 10:54 AM.
post #77 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Oh I didn't know that, and that bench is with RT? Still not bad, Gsync would take care of that easily. I will grab the patch and redo my bench and check it out.

I do agree not wanting to use DLSS, but this is a 4k 60fps card. And forget that, we need a 4k 144hz Card . As I type this on a Swift PG27UQ, my PC is ready .

nah is not, i need something with the force of 1080ti on sli for a real 4k/60

AC Odyssey
AC Origins
AC Syndicate
Metro Exodus (this game alone proves 2080ti is not a good 4k/60 gpu)
Deus Ex

few that comes in mind that cannot keep 60 pegged including 1% lows XD

post #78 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post
from what gamers nexus said. it should "just work" on pascal without any extra coding. im curious how my 1080 will handle it in metro exodus. all it does in metro is apply a dark filter (not even joking go adjust the second gamma in the config) and some poorly implemented Global Illumination.
The Experts at DigitalFoundry would highly disagree on that assessment.

As far as your curiosity as to how it will run on your 1080, considering that it runs at 18FPS on a 1080ti, I wouldn't be too optimistic if I was you.

Main Gaming Rig
(9 items)
Alienware Alpha R1
(5 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU
ROG STRIX RTX 2080
RAM
16GB ADATA XPG Z1 DDR4 3000mhz @ 3466mhz
Hard Drive
WD BLUE 1TB
Power Supply
Thermaltake Grand Toughpower RGB 750W GOLD
Cooling
Corsair H60
Case
Corsair 570X RGB
Operating System
Windows 10
CPU
Intel i7 4785T
GPU
Nvidia 860M 2GB+BlindRageVbios+335Core+650Memory
RAM
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws
Hard Drive
1TB 7200RPM
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
post #79 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:55 AM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

nah is not, i need something with the force of 1080ti on sli for a real 4k/60

AC Odyssey
AC Origins
AC Syndicate
Metro Exodus
Deus Ex

few that comes in mind that cannot keep 60 pegged including 1% lows XD
I have AC Odyssey, just got it the other day have yet to DL it though, and Metro I got free with my Card, haven't DLed it either, but will check them out soon .

I checked some other SotTR benches with the new RT pacth, and ya its pretty bad. That said, its still pretty new to SotTR, and cards in general, so theres that hopefully it will mature.

I already made the decision to add a second 2080ti though, as I can hit 98 consistently, dont care to go 120hz for most games, as I will lose HDR . With the rumors, that seem pretty true, that we wont see another set of cards for 2-3 years, this is the only option.

Quote:

Last edited by Cyber Locc; 03-21-2019 at 11:01 AM.
post #80 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 11:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

I have AC Odyssey, just got it the other day have yet to DL it though, and Metro I got free with my Card, haven't DLed it either, but will check them out soon .

I checked some other SotTR benches with the new RT pacth, and ya its pretty bad. That said, its still pretty new to SotTR, and cards in general, so theres that hopefully it will mature.

I already made the decision to add a second 2080ti though, as I can hit 98 consistently, dont care to go 120hz for most games, as I will lose HDR . With the rumors, that seem pretty true, that we wont see another set of cards for 2-3 years, this is the only option.
see my issue is im on a 1080ti on sli, 2080ti as a single card for AAA for 4k/60 will put me in a hole for $1200+ change and will not net me 4k/60 in upcoming games as i know for sure i already know this.. Theres a bunch of games out there right now that it doesnt do 4k/60 with everything cranked up.
see i would need 2 2080tis which is $2500+ change
is not that serious im not doing it as my goal is only 4k/60 for now.. i had to sacrifice some settings in some games to achieve that on games that dont support sli like running custom resolutions like 3072 or 1800P that dont look "bleached" like 1440P want to hit natively 4k/60.

not interested on RT 4k+DLSS which to me is 1440P upsampled quality image, it is blurry and not a 4k image (NOT EVEN CLOSE) it looks ugly on a 4k HDTV 65" screen trust me...
Im not trading yet that. to me 1440p is peasant console resolution even XD

Last edited by zGunBLADEz; 03-21-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in