[Polygon] Google Stadia is the new streaming gaming platform from Google - Page 14 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Polygon] Google Stadia is the new streaming gaming platform from Google

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #131 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:19 PM
sudo apt install sl
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,977
Rep: 196 (Unique: 132)
Quote: Originally Posted by Imouto View Post
No one said it is perfect. If it was it wouldn't improve on a weekly basis like I said before.

And it is only you who needs the stupid HUD to tell if a game runs well or not.

Unplayable I say.
It's pretty easy to tell a game doesn't run well when it freezes for a second. You were the one that brought up using HUD. It's the reason why I have a Windows install on another SSD so I don't have to worry about an unpleasant experience. I also buy native macOS/Linux games since I'm usually in those two operating systems.


This is actually playable.


Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 5.1Ghz w/ 1.36v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Titan RTX @ 2100Mhz/2075Mhz
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 32GB 3200Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector RTX RE Ti - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Solus Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
WannaBeOCer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #132 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:28 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Flash Gordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Japan
Posts: 89
Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by Imouto View Post
Newsflash:
-You can play most of your Windows only games on Linux with just the Steam beta client.
- Steam Play, DXVK, Gallium Nine, proton, wine are some nice keywords if you want to do some research.
- It's been out for 8 months.
- There's an updated compatibility report database at protondb.com
- The whole thing gets better on a weekly basis.
- You can force the Windows version over the native one if it doesn't work well.
- Some games like NieR: Automata run better on Steam Play than on Windows.
Yeah I am familiar with trying to get games to work on Linux and it isn't as simple as clicking "play".

Google Stadia is literally have Chrome, click a link, and play. That simple. No researching anything.

"You stare at your past, you'll end up staying there..."
Flash Gordon is offline  
post #133 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:31 PM
sudo apt install sl
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,977
Rep: 196 (Unique: 132)
Quote: Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
Yeah I am familiar with trying to get games to work on Linux and it isn't as simple as clicking "play".

Google Stadia is literally have Chrome, click a link, and play. That simple. No researching anything.
Games that support steam play are just literally 1 click after you follow the requirements. You'll need to invest a decent amount of time before game caches enough to be enjoyable.

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Pro...i/Requirements

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 5.1Ghz w/ 1.36v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Titan RTX @ 2100Mhz/2075Mhz
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 32GB 3200Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector RTX RE Ti - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Solus Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
WannaBeOCer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #134 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:33 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Imouto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,181
Rep: 234 (Unique: 110)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
This is actually playable.
Do you think that posting a year old video helps your argument or something?

How about a more recent one?


But it doesn't matter how many times anyone debunks your ramblings because you will keep moving goalposts, repeating yourself and/or avoiding whatever doesn't suit your arguments.

You're the worst, seriously.

#EnthusiastLivesMatter
Imouto is offline  
post #135 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:36 PM
sudo apt install sl
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,977
Rep: 196 (Unique: 132)
Quote: Originally Posted by Imouto View Post
Do you think that posting a year old video helps your argument or something?

How about a more recent one?


But it doesn't matter how many times anyone debunks your ramblings because you will keep moving goalposts, repeating yourself and/or avoiding whatever doesn't suit your arguments.

You're the worst, seriously.
Your response makes no sense, I just said it's playable and you link to another video that shows the exact same performance that shows it's playable. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said it's playable.

There is an ignore button. I suggest using it

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 5.1Ghz w/ 1.36v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Titan RTX @ 2100Mhz/2075Mhz
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 32GB 3200Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector RTX RE Ti - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Solus Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by WannaBeOCer; 04-21-2019 at 08:39 PM.
WannaBeOCer is offline  
post #136 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:40 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Imouto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,181
Rep: 234 (Unique: 110)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Your response makes no sense, I just said it's playable and you link to another video that shows the exact same performance that shows it's playable. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said it's playable.
But the spikes!
The abysmal FPS figures!


More unplayable stuff!

#EnthusiastLivesMatter

Last edited by Imouto; 04-21-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Imouto is offline  
post #137 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:48 PM
sudo apt install sl
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,977
Rep: 196 (Unique: 132)
Quote: Originally Posted by Imouto View Post
But the spikes!
The abysmal FPS figures!
Yes the spikes in Tomb Raider and Devil May Cry 5 are abysmal. I'm pretty sure you would consider them that also. Take a look at my screenshots.

Quote: Originally Posted by Imouto View Post
Just found out my answer to get games running smooth on Wine. I didn't give them enough time. Thanks for that Battlefield V link.

Quote:
This is after my state cache has been generated for most of the multiplayer maps, hence why it's much smoother than my previous video.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 5.1Ghz w/ 1.36v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Titan RTX @ 2100Mhz/2075Mhz
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 32GB 3200Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector RTX RE Ti - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Solus Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by WannaBeOCer; 04-21-2019 at 08:56 PM.
WannaBeOCer is offline  
post #138 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:09 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Imouto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,181
Rep: 234 (Unique: 110)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Just found out my answer to get games running smooth on Wine. I didn't give them enough time. Thanks for that Battlefield V link.
I hope that now you see why most people think it is hopeless to argue with you.

#EnthusiastLivesMatter
Imouto is offline  
post #139 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:12 PM
sudo apt install sl
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,977
Rep: 196 (Unique: 132)
Quote: Originally Posted by Imouto View Post
I hope that now you see why most people think it is hopeless to argue with you.
You're the one arguing, you did not provide any useful information along with smart remarks. I provided facts right from the developer explaining that the shader cache is the cause of the stutter.

I'm curious how many hours he had to play before those maps become playable. Caching campaign maps will be horrid. So no I still don't think wine is playable unless you spend hours caching.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 5.1Ghz w/ 1.36v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Titan RTX @ 2100Mhz/2075Mhz
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 32GB 3200Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
HP EX950 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector RTX RE Ti - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Solus Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by WannaBeOCer; 04-21-2019 at 09:21 PM.
WannaBeOCer is offline  
post #140 of 143 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:27 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Imouto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,181
Rep: 234 (Unique: 110)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
You're the one arguing, you did not provide any useful information along with smart remarks. I provided facts right from the developer explaining that the shader cache is the cause of the stutter.
Because reading something on the internet and jumping into conclusions trying to look smart is the best way.

Hurrah for such a scientific method.

It doesn't matter that there are plenty of objectively good gameplays on Youtube. Because I was experiencing issues and what I googled fitted my argument suddenly:

"EVERY SINGLE GAME THAT REQUIRES WINE HAS SOME SORT OF STUTTERING."

#EnthusiastLivesMatter
Imouto is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off