Originally Posted by bigjdubb
Indeed. A known issue?
Update: It doesn't matter. I did manage to install it after all but it still gave me some trouble.
Here's what I did:
- I started the update process and almost immediately my monitor, connected to a Displayport, turned black;
- I inserted an extra HDMI cable into the monitor and graphics card but no luck even when changing input on the monitor - the image remained black;
- I carefully pressed the power button on my case which turned off the PC;
- I pressed it again and made sure to immediately switch to HDMI input on my monitor;
- This brought the image back and the update was 30% done (thinking that I shut it down while it was updating but I got away with it);
- The update finished well while the monitor was on HDMI;
- I uninstalled the latest nVidia driver and restarted in Safe Mode;
- I used Display Driver Uninstalled to remove all traces of nVidia drivers and then restarted normally;
- I reinstalled the latest nVidia driver and restarted;
- At this point I could switch back to Displayport input on my monitor;
As an extra issue my Corsair mouse stopped being loaded (it didn't turn on) in Windows so I went to Power Options and disabled fast boot and that sorted it.
Now, what's left is to sort out the rest of the issues 1903 brought on. For one it also reset my receiver sound settings.
Final rant: Can't Microsoft release one feature update that doesn't break some drivers. Ever since they launched the program I've never had an update without having to fiddle around afterwards to get sound or video or some other thing back up the way it was...