[DSOG] The latest version of Denuvo anti-tamper tech, Denuvo 6.0, has been cracked - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[DSOG] The latest version of Denuvo anti-tamper tech, Denuvo 6.0, has been cracked

post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 132 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitchFX View Post
You can still get office on CD or digital download. Just need to hunt for it on their site.

Not sure why you posted the rest or went into discussing copying files for your own use (ripping). I used to be very active on AfterDawn. Which used to be a site for home theater enthusiasts discussing ways of bypassing the DRM on movies and show sets they bought. When I said sketchy I was referring to the nasty stuff that could be looped in. Not the act of testing something out. Though I can understand that given the lack of demos these days.

You'd think with most games on Steam, UPlay or Origin, they'd give out an evaluation copy of a level or something.
I guess I missed what you were referring to as sketchy so I explained why... as for stuff being looped in.. you are absolutely correct on that and it is sketchy. I normally have a sandbox setup for a lot of things so personal information and corruption isn't seen.. but yes you are correct.

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
"can play for one hour" or something, or starter zone access onry, like in MMOs.

i was stoked when the return policy & demos hit, but the momentum on the demos seems to be slowing down.
Honestly even being able to play for 1 hour is at least something.. you should know if you are going to want more within that.. I'd think that WB games would get a kick in the but if that was an available option to make batter games lol

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Asus sabertooth rev 2.0 BIOS 1503
Coolermaster Haf Stacker
FX 8350 @5.1 @1.7v :O
XSPC Raystorm RS240 + Swiftec D5 pump and 360 Rad
2x AMD XFX 280x DD @ 1210/1700
Rosewill Capstone 750w PSU

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 22)
Quote: Originally Posted by FatPigRider View Post
Why they always call it a crack anyway DansGame
In truth, it isn't a true crack. I've heard in the early days a crack meant completely removing the DRM code. Now, it's simply bypassed.

Current
(5 items)
CPU
i7-8700k
Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Extreme4
GPU
GTX 1070
RAM
Corsair
Case
Fractal XL R2
▲ hide details ▲
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 03:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 535 (Unique: 304)
Quote: Originally Posted by F3ERS 2 ASH3S View Post
I guess I missed what you were referring to as sketchy so I explained why... as for stuff being looped in.. you are absolutely correct on that and it is sketchy. I normally have a sandbox setup for a lot of things so personal information and corruption isn't seen.. but yes you are correct.

Honestly even being able to play for 1 hour is at least something.. you should know if you are going to want more within that.. I'd think that WB games would get a kick in the but if that was an available option to make batter games lol
haaaaa

maybe 30 mins for WB.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 10:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 132 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
haaaaa

maybe 30 mins for WB.
TOO much credit given there lol.... load intor movie unskippable then 5 min gameplay with 10 min of credits and other adverts lol

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Asus sabertooth rev 2.0 BIOS 1503
Coolermaster Haf Stacker
FX 8350 @5.1 @1.7v :O
XSPC Raystorm RS240 + Swiftec D5 pump and 360 Rad
2x AMD XFX 280x DD @ 1210/1700
Rosewill Capstone 750w PSU

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 10:27 PM
PC Enthusiast

Rep: 30 (Unique: 30)
Quote: Originally Posted by SwitchFX View Post
That's a very sketchy thing to admit... Though I feel your frustration about demos not existing anymore. I haven't seen a game demo in almost a decade of any major game or game series. I grabbed AC Black Flag for free from UPlay last year and found it to so bad performance wise. Though I believe this is due to a bad optimization according to what I've read.

Have you tried out Tropico games? I find them more exciting than Sim City anything.
Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
Well, you can make the argument that any game nowadays has playable demos because of the way refunds work on platforms like Steam, Origin, Uplay, etc. It's a good enough system to get a feel for the mechanics, ambiance, and performance of a game.
Forza games have a good demo before launch that stays available, Hitman 2 has the first level for free.. Detroit: Become Human had a good demo too before launch.

post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:26 AM
mfw

Rep: 374 (Unique: 197)
Quote: Originally Posted by VeritronX View Post
Forza games have a good demo before launch that stays available, Hitman 2 has the first level for free.. Detroit: Become Human had a good demo too before launch.
That's the best practice. I, too, wish publishers afforded customers that option. As SwitchFX mentioned (and I had not considered), constantly refunding games as a means to try them out is not a very good alternative.

It's up to us to be extra careful before spending money on games, I suppose.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in