[TPU]Radeon Adrenalin 2019 Version 19.7.2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TPU]Radeon Adrenalin 2019 Version 19.7.2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
News Junkie
 
Newbie2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,180
Rep: 299 (Unique: 233)
[TPU]Radeon Adrenalin 2019 Version 19.7.2

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/amd-radeon-graphics-drivers/

All AMD PC
(9 items)
CPU
AMD 3600X - stock
Motherboard
Asrock B450 Micro ATX Fatality
GPU
5700xt Anniversary Edition 2150/900
RAM
Corsair 3200mhz 16gb @ 3466mhz
Hard Drive
1tb m.2 SSD
Power Supply
Corsair SFX 750
Case
Fractal Design Node 202
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Sony 55"
▲ hide details ▲
Newbie2009 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:00 AM
Vandelay Industries
 
maltamonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: US/UK
Posts: 1,436
Rep: 78 (Unique: 59)
Moral of this driver...Don't use Win7 with 5700 series.
maltamonk is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:06 AM
Overclocker
 
JackCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,764
Rep: 332 (Unique: 237)
Don't use a 10y old system that's been updated in big ways multiple times now, simple.
JackCY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:13 AM
Tokyo the defiler
 
emeianoite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: lawlz
Posts: 790
Rep: 18 (Unique: 17)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Don't use a 10y old system that's been updated in big ways multiple times now, simple.
You're hurting my Athlon x2 5000 BE's feelings...

Babies are just something you have to not make die...




Last edited by emeianoite; 07-17-2019 at 10:25 AM.
emeianoite is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:49 AM
Overclocker
 
EastCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,059
Rep: 140 (Unique: 94)
I haven't tried these yet. I'm still enjoying 19.7.1 at the moment.
Nothing in the notes that is of any concern for me right now.
EastCoast is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 11:01 AM
new to OCN?
 
PontiacGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 26,540
Rep: 1541 (Unique: 926)
so this version still has the "gimped performance"?
PontiacGTX is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:03 AM
Programmer
 
BradleyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 28,458
Rep: 1555 (Unique: 1017)
Quote: Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
so this version still has the "gimped performance"?
Probably.

Intel Core i9 9900K HT 5GHz
GIGABYTE Z390 Ultra
AMD ASUS STRIX OC VEGA 64
G-Skill Trident 2x8GB DDR4 4000MHz
Samsung EVO NVM.e 250GB
SeaSonic 1250W Gold
Corsair 900D + Custom Loop.


BradleyW is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 09:56 AM
new to OCN?
 
PontiacGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 26,540
Rep: 1541 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post
Probably.
so the question is anti lag is something else than flip queue size?
PontiacGTX is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 01:10 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Falkentyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Riverside
Posts: 5,930
Rep: 380 (Unique: 272)
Quote: Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
so the question is anti lag is something else than flip queue size?
The last time AMD messed with FlipQueueSize (setting the default from 3 to 2, I think several years ago), it caused some games to microstutter, as they were originally programmed for a size of 3.
Path of Exile was extremely obvious in this stuttering, with vsync on, it would repeatedly drop the FPS below the refresh rate by like 1 or 2 and keep going back up, and sometimes it looked like FPS was being halved, but not in all areas or scenes. Setting it back to 3 (or even using 1, for a bandwidth penalty but lower input lag) fixed that.
There were a few other games affected. I think Witcher 2's main menu was affected by this as well--very obvious effect was the mouse cursor jittering badly on the main menu. So was Elder Scrolls Oblivion (most obvious on the main menu when moving the mouse once again).

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
Falkentyne is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 03:22 PM
new to OCN?
 
PontiacGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 26,540
Rep: 1541 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
The last time AMD messed with FlipQueueSize (setting the default from 3 to 2, I think several years ago), it caused some games to microstutter, as they were originally programmed for a size of 3.
Path of Exile was extremely obvious in this stuttering, with vsync on, it would repeatedly drop the FPS below the refresh rate by like 1 or 2 and keep going back up, and sometimes it looked like FPS was being halved, but not in all areas or scenes. Setting it back to 3 (or even using 1, for a bandwidth penalty but lower input lag) fixed that.
There were a few other games affected. I think Witcher 2's main menu was affected by this as well--very obvious effect was the mouse cursor jittering badly on the main menu. So was Elder Scrolls Oblivion (most obvious on the main menu when moving the mouse once again).
there isnt other setting I know of that could improve latency maybe they change something else in registry? would be interesting to compare after and before enabling it
PontiacGTX is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off