[AMD] Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.3 Release Notes - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[AMD] Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.3 Release Notes

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Official Luddite of OCN
 
SoloCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 5,376
Rep: 412 (Unique: 213)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Any of you running the LC bios? My card held 1750Mhz/1105Mhz with 1.90V with a +1.5% on the core clock when I had it in my system.

https://youtu.be/7I8SxpajvLo
No, whatever is stock with a Sapphire V64 reference.


4k box
(23 items)
Oculus Box
(6 items)
CPU
4790k at 4.6ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
GPU
Sapphire Vega 64 1667mhz core / 1100 mem (reference air cooler)
RAM
G.Skill Trident X 16gb DDR3 2400mhz (2x8gb)
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 128gb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX100 256gb
Hard Drive
Crucial M500 480gb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 500gb
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 240gb
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 120gb
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray RW
Power Supply
NZXT Hale82 850w
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S
Case
Rosewill Thor V2 (Black)
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
ASUS PB287Q (4k)
Monitor
Dell Ultrasharp 1908FP
Keyboard
Corsair K55 RGB
Mouse
Fenek Swift Gaming Mouse - PMW 3360 Sensor
Mousepad
Steelseries QCK+
Audio
Creative SoundBlaster Z
Audio
Logitech Z-623
Audio
Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
CPU
FX-9590
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
GPU
Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 1590core/945mem
RAM
16gb DDR3 1866 cas9 (two dimms)
Cooling
AMD FX Watercooler (came with 9590)
Operating System
Win10 pro 64bit
CPU
Xeon E5450
CPU
Xeon E5450
Motherboard
Dell T7400 stock
GPU
XFX DD 7970Ghz Edition
RAM
32gb DDR2 667mhz Quad Channel (4gb x8)
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 240gb SSD
Power Supply
Dell T7400 stock 1000w PSU
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲
SoloCamo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:05 PM
new to OCN?
 
PontiacGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 26,540
Rep: 1541 (Unique: 926)
could you export the driver's profile for the power states? if you dont mind so I could use it on mine and see it there is an improvement. also you can overclock with undervolt?
PontiacGTX is offline  
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 05:28 PM
Official Luddite of OCN
 
SoloCamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 5,376
Rep: 412 (Unique: 213)
Quote: Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
could you export the driver's profile for the power states? if you dont mind so I could use it on mine and see it there is an improvement. also you can overclock with undervolt?
Nothing special with the power states - check my attached settings for very a general OC settings that should have no problem holding 1600+mhz plus w/ 1100mhz HBM2. Keep in mind, though the rpm's on the fan are set to scale high they usually do not go near max at my ambient temps. Again, headphone user here so the reference blower doesn't drive me crazy. These settings for me keep 1630mhz+ on the majority of titles. Some will dip into the 1605-1615's after hours but it will never drop below 1600mhz. I can drop voltage (1110mv) and bump mhz to 1672mhz on some titles but these are general 'safe' settings I use on all my games.

As far as overclocking with an undervolt - absolutely. With stock volts I'm not holding these numbers at all as it draws too much power. Heat and power use are an issue at that point and it throttles into the low 1500mhz range. Drove me crazy until I tinkered around with undervolting. Some people get much better binned chips and can undervolt even further yet hold higher clocks in all titles.

Again, I'd recommend trying the 18.9.3 driver. But like anything else, depends on the silicone lottery. Apparently I'm lucky with my HBM2 but I see others near 1200mhz on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vega64RefGeneralOverclock.png
Views:	6
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	284894  



4k box
(23 items)
Oculus Box
(6 items)
CPU
4790k at 4.6ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
GPU
Sapphire Vega 64 1667mhz core / 1100 mem (reference air cooler)
RAM
G.Skill Trident X 16gb DDR3 2400mhz (2x8gb)
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 128gb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX100 256gb
Hard Drive
Crucial M500 480gb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 500gb
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 240gb
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 120gb
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray RW
Power Supply
NZXT Hale82 850w
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S
Case
Rosewill Thor V2 (Black)
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
ASUS PB287Q (4k)
Monitor
Dell Ultrasharp 1908FP
Keyboard
Corsair K55 RGB
Mouse
Fenek Swift Gaming Mouse - PMW 3360 Sensor
Mousepad
Steelseries QCK+
Audio
Creative SoundBlaster Z
Audio
Logitech Z-623
Audio
Sennheiser HD 280 PRO
CPU
FX-9590
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
GPU
Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 1590core/945mem
RAM
16gb DDR3 1866 cas9 (two dimms)
Cooling
AMD FX Watercooler (came with 9590)
Operating System
Win10 pro 64bit
CPU
Xeon E5450
CPU
Xeon E5450
Motherboard
Dell T7400 stock
GPU
XFX DD 7970Ghz Edition
RAM
32gb DDR2 667mhz Quad Channel (4gb x8)
Hard Drive
Hyundai Sapphire 240gb SSD
Power Supply
Dell T7400 stock 1000w PSU
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by SoloCamo; 07-31-2019 at 05:38 PM.
SoloCamo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 05:37 AM
new to OCN?
 
PontiacGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 26,540
Rep: 1541 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post
Nothing special with the power states - check my attached settings for very a general OC settings that should have no problem holding 1600+mhz plus w/ 1100mhz HBM2. Keep in mind, though the rpm's on the fan are set to scale high they usually do not go near max at my ambient temps. Again, headphone user here so the reference blower doesn't drive me crazy. These settings for me keep 1630mhz+ on the majority of titles. Some will dip into the 1605-1615's after hours but it will never drop below 1600mhz. I can drop voltage (1110mv) and bump mhz to 1672mhz on some titles but these are general 'safe' settings I use on all my games.

As far as overclocking with an undervolt - absolutely. With stock volts I'm not holding these numbers at all as it draws too much power. Heat and power use are an issue at that point and it throttles into the low 1500mhz range. Drove me crazy until I tinkered around with undervolting. Some people get much better binned chips and can undervolt even further yet hold higher clocks in all titles.

Again, I'd recommend trying the 18.9.3 driver. But like anything else, depends on the silicone lottery. Apparently I'm lucky with my HBM2 but I see others near 1200mhz on it.
yesterday I tried metro exodus with 1130mv or 1115mv and 1687MHz and clock speed didnt go over 1630mhz(increased power limit 50%) is it ok?
PontiacGTX is offline  
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
sudo apt install sl
 
WannaBeOCer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,154
Rep: 168 (Unique: 120)
Quote: Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
yesterday I tried metro exodus with 1130mv or 1115mv and 1687MHz and clock speed didnt go over 1630mhz(increased power limit 50%) is it ok?
Depends on the load, you might see it hit peak boost. Vega 10 and Vega 20 always run 50Mhz below the highest power state.

For example the RX Vega 64 LC bios will run at 1700Mhz if the card can stay below the power target.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 4.2Ghz w/ 1v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Radeon VII @ 1900Mhz/1250Mhz w/ 1v
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 16GB 3866Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector Radeon VII - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
WannaBeOCer is online now  
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 06:34 AM
new to OCN?
 
PontiacGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 26,540
Rep: 1541 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Depends on the load, you might see it hit peak boost. Vega 10 and Vega 20 always run 50Mhz below the highest power state.

For example the RX Vega 64 LC bios will run at 1700Mhz if the card can stay below the power target.
and the power target is?
PontiacGTX is offline  
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 06:58 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Rabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 250
Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
I updated from 19.1.1 and as a bonus my RX 580 gets Coil Whine I revet back to old drivers and, and coil whine is still present but much quieter, I wonder if I not noticed it earlier and new drivers simply increase noise level ?

https://vimeo.com/user101427448/revi...624/37ac997942

Cheap VR bulid :)
(16 items)
CPU
i7 3770
Motherboard
P67A-GD65 (B3)
GPU
RX 580 8GB
RAM
Hynix HMT351U6BFR8C-H9
Hard Drive
ADATA SP550
Hard Drive
Samsung HD502HJ 500GB
Hard Drive
ocz vertex 2
Power Supply
Silentium Deus M1 550W
Cooling
Zalman CNPS 10X Quiet
Case
Aerocool GT Advance Case
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
AOC 2236Swa
Keyboard
Techno-X
Mouse
Maxtek mouse
Mouse
China cheap :P
Other
Sharkoon Shark Zone H40
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Rabit; 08-02-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Rabit is offline  
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter
sudo apt install sl
 
WannaBeOCer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,154
Rep: 168 (Unique: 120)
Quote: Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
and the power target is?
Since I have the RX Vega 64 LC my power target is 396w with the +50% PL.

If I recall correctly the power target for a regular RX Vega 64 is 330w.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 4.2Ghz w/ 1v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Radeon VII @ 1900Mhz/1250Mhz w/ 1v
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 16GB 3866Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector Radeon VII - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
WannaBeOCer is online now  
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 07:29 AM
new to OCN?
 
PontiacGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 26,540
Rep: 1541 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Since I have the RX Vega 64 LC my power target is 396w with the +50% PL.

If I recall correctly the power target for a regular RX Vega 64 is 330w.
well I have seen a Vega 56 with a big % OC could easily reach 400w (gamer nexus) I wonder if then a Vega 64 has problems to hold a frequency beyond certain voltage
PontiacGTX is offline  
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 07:50 AM - Thread Starter
sudo apt install sl
 
WannaBeOCer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,154
Rep: 168 (Unique: 120)
Quote: Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
well I have seen a Vega 56 with a big % OC could easily reach 400w (gamer nexus) I wonder if then a Vega 64 has problems to hold a frequency beyond certain voltage
All GPUs can't hold a frequency beyond a certain voltage since they'll hit the power target and throttle. I didn't have success with modifying the PP on Vega 10. Vega 20 using PP and increasing the power target worked fine.

I noticed my Vega 64 LC would hit the power target of 396w with a voltage of 1.235v(stock for the LC is 1.25v). Which is why I ran my card at 1.2v with a +1.5% overclock.

Silent
(20 items)
CPU
Core i9 9900K... CoffeeTime! @ 4.2Ghz w/ 1v
Motherboard
Maximus VIII Formula
GPU
Radeon VII @ 1900Mhz/1250Mhz w/ 1v
RAM
TeamGroup Xtreem 16GB 3866Mhz CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1200w P2
Cooling
EK Supremacy Full Copper Clean
Cooling
XSPC D5 Photon v2
Cooling
Black Ice Gen 2 GTX360 x2
Cooling
EK-Vector Radeon VII - Copper + Plexi
Case
Thermaltake Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition
Operating System
Clear Linux
Monitor
Acer XF270HUA
Keyboard
Cherry MX Board 6.0
Mouse
Logitech G600
Mouse
Alugraphics GamerArt
Audio
Definitive Technology Incline
Audio
SMSL M8A
▲ hide details ▲
WannaBeOCer is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off