[Youtube - Project Veritas] Google "Machine Learning Fairness" Whistleblower Goes Public, says: "burden lifted off of my soul" - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Youtube - Project Veritas] Google "Machine Learning Fairness" Whistleblower Goes Public, says: "burden lifted off of my soul"

post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 12:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by dagget3450 View Post
While everyone is pushing some level of narrative, what exactly in this case would need to be manipulated? videos editing? Deepfaked? I mean unless hes editing every single word to make sentences according to his narrative how is it being spun? Lets say you watched the video right, with an objective unbiased mindset. The video with the higher ups actually say very specific things. If your looking at this through a filter of a "one side or other side mentality"(trying to not bring politics esp party names into it) Maybe that's why, i mean maybe i try to imagine it reversed(both sides). What if this was the current administrations narrative how would this be any better of a thing. If they were pushing to use google for the same purposes. I would not want either to do this myself but that's my opinion.
Selective omission. That's what the guy does. There have been at least 2 other instances of it that I can think of off the top of my head. (ACORN and "fetus sales" or whatever).

Last edited by ttnuagmada; 08-17-2019 at 12:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 171 (Unique: 125)
Quote: Originally Posted by Dimaggio1103 View Post
The whole no politics thing needs to die already. We are people and you want talk, debate and discussion, yes even on a tech forum. If I cannot talk with my fellow peers and correct my view, or correct theirs, we live in a sanitized world meant for babies. How about just lock the thread once people become nasty to violate those rules? Politics and tech intersect, specifically in this case.

No matter what side your on, this is bad. yes its only a lot of conservatives getting banned or buried by algos, for now, but one day a repub might be in charge of google or company xyz, you really wanna see what they do when the tables are turned? This is not a good path to go down.

News should report exactly what happened and leave their opinions out, and search engines should just pull results based on the exact string searched, not the slant you wanna put on it.
And right here is why we can't do that and have nice things:

Quote: Originally Posted by miklkit View Post
BS. ACORN was defunded because of Okeefe's lies. ACORN did not break any laws but was broken up because of a republicon witch hunt. Their main offense was their voter registration drives. That had to be stopped!

It's like when China bankrupted Solyndra all of you oh so patriotic republicons were cheering for China! Just like now you are cheering for russia. Have you seen the news about how you republicons blocked the FEC from investigating russian money in the NRA (National Russian Association)?
Some people just get too militant about their favorite political teams and ruin it for the rest of us.

post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 08:22 AM
Expert pin bender

Rep: 154 (Unique: 91)
Quote: Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
Selective omission. That's what the guy does. There have been at least 2 other instances of it that I can think of off the top of my head. (ACORN and "fetus sales" or whatever).
He releases raw footage as well, if you have the energy to watch as some are hours long. https://www.youtube.com/user/veritas...tage+un+edited

Not sure who is being called a party name here but myself i am not registered for either main party(US). I think they are both full of it and actually are more and the same if you take a close look. Only reason i am paying attention to this is the censorship. People are way to invested in the party vs party, divide and conquer.

Russia collusion vs Deepstate theories - both are hot air it seems like, because i hear a bunch of talk and nothing gets done. (example)

GPU i currently own: 390x/FuryX/Vega FE/RX Vega 64/RX 580 - CPUs: 5960x/R7 1700/X5650x2/E5 2863/e5 2670/R5 3600
Radeon Vega Frontier Edition Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
I take it that you have no concept of what "free speech" actually is?
I'm not saying I agree with the free speech argument, but it's certainly something that IG Metall will try to prove to leverage their union position against google, aka "The Clock is Ticking". There are more users than people who support the platform, so it's likely more people are sympathetic to users and agree with them. Google's own psychological paper suggests that if people become aware of algorithmic adjustments, they will be less likely to use the service.

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Purposeful censorship of results on any platform is undesirable and if such censorship should be taking place then it either is because of a law or user's preference. For many things Google is not a good search engine/site anymore because it filters way too much based on what it wants or what other's have paid it to filter out.
I'd argue that there has to be a limit. You don't want kids content with random terrible images thrown into it all over youtube. That's the kind of stuff they actively need to eliminate. There is a line, but Alphabet has definitely crossed it. Typically a large company would pay some fines and move on, but Trump will likely take it as an attack on his presidency. I don't think Alphabet survives this. The real question, does it matter if they break up Alphabet if they don't change the project managers?

Search engines will always be bias. Look at the source to understand the story.

Last edited by 1Kaz; 08-17-2019 at 10:47 AM.
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 86 (Unique: 76)
Quote: Originally Posted by Dimaggio1103 View Post
The whole no politics thing needs to die already. We are people and you want talk, debate and discussion, yes even on a tech forum. If I cannot talk with my fellow peers and correct my view, or correct theirs, we live in a sanitized world meant for babies. How about just lock the thread once people become nasty to violate those rules? Politics and tech intersect, specifically in this case.

No matter what side your on, this is bad. yes its only a lot of conservatives getting banned or buried by algos, for now, but one day a repub might be in charge of google or company xyz, you really wanna see what they do when the tables are turned? This is not a good path to go down.

News should report exactly what happened and leave their opinions out, and search engines should just pull results based on the exact string searched, not the slant you wanna put on it.
I agree wholeheartedly with this^

Phanteks LUXE Custom UV Green interior | MSI Z270 GM7 1.6 bios | 7700k 5.0GHz 1.325v w/raystorm | F4-3200C15D-32GVR |EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra w/HydroCopper| Samsung 950 Pro M.2 OS | WD2003FZEX Data | Corsair HX850 | Custom Loop | W10 Pro 1903
Enthoo Primo w/custom loop | MSI Z97 G7 | 4790k 4.8 w/EK Supremacy | Trident 2400C9 2x8 | EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 w/EKWB | 840 Pro Raid-0 OS | WD20003FZEX Data | SuperNova1000G2 | W10 Pro 1903
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:48 AM
Not a linux lobbyist

Rep: 45 (Unique: 36)
I really don't like the idea of my information being filtered into a bunch of half truths.
I am registered with a party, but my beef with this seems pretty party independent..

L5
(17 items)
Lea2
(11 items)
L7
(11 items)
CPU
5775c
Motherboard
Maximus VII Hero
GPU
Aorus 1080ti Waterforce
RAM
16 Gb Gskill Trident @ 2400,cas10,1.575v
RAM
8 Gb Gskill Trident @ 2400,cas10,1.575v
Hard Drive
1Tb Team ssd
Hard Drive
seagate barracuda 3T
Hard Drive
Optane 900p 480G OS
Optical Drive
Asus BW-16D1HT
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 1300 G2
Cooling
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 120 (cpu)
Cooling
2 140mm case fans, 2 120mm
Case
Fractal Design R4 (no window)
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
panasonic TC-58AX800U
Audio
Focal Elear, Nova 40, 598se, HE4xx, DT990pro w b.boost earpads
Audio
SoundbasterX AE-5, onboard
CPU
Motherboard
Asus Z87 Deluxe
GPU
Fury Nitro
RAM
8Gb klevv urbane 2133
Hard Drive
ROG Raidr 240Gb pcie
Hard Drive
1Tb WD blue
Power Supply
Pc Power&Cooling silencer Mk2 950w
Cooling
Deepcool Lucifer V2
Case
DIYPC P48-W
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
40"tv
CPU
4980hq
Motherboard
Asus H81T/CSM
RAM
8Gb 1600 samsung
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 evo 120gb
Power Supply
Skyvast 90w brick for hp pavilion something
Cooling
SilverStone Tek Super Slim
Case
SilverStone Tek PT13B
Operating System
W10 64 pro
Monitor
24" samsung 1080p
Keyboard
Logitech K400+
Other
Intel wifi ac card and noname antennas
▲ hide details ▲
post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:58 AM
Overclocker in training

Rep: 72 (Unique: 55)
Hi,
All these large companies are clearly leaning politically and only one direction
So Blocking about these partisan companies is the only way to insure conversations don't go political

CPU
i9-9940x With Heatkiller IV Pro and VRM Plexi-Copper water block
Motherboard
ASUS x299 Rampage VI Apex
GPU
Titan Xp with copper Water Block
RAM
Trident Z 3600C16 4x8gb's b-die default timings 16-16-16-36
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
Power Supply
evga 1200-P2
Cooling
2-280GTX Black Ice Nemesis rads with D5 pump-res combo and D5 top before and after rads.
Case
corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 pro & 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G910 Orion spectrum
Mouse
Redragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
CPU
i7-5930k with Heatkiller IV Pro Plexi-Copper and koolance vrm water blocks
Motherboard
X99 Sabertooth
GPU
EVGA 1080ti FTW3 with Water block
RAM
Trident-Z 3200C14 4x8gb's b-die default timings 14-14-14-34
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 500gb M.2/ Samsung 850 Pro 256gb for os and 500gb evo for favorite games plus other wd hdd's for data and backup's
Power Supply
EVGA 1000-P2
Cooling
2-240 GTX Black Ice Nemesis rads/ D5 pump-res combo and D5 top before and after rads.
Case
Corsair 450D with added 2nd floor to house radiator on top
Operating System
Win-7 and 10 pro Win-7 Primary os.
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz
Mouse
Red Dragon Perdition
Audio
Built in realtek and Insignia 2.0 soundbar HSB318
Hard Drive
eLeaf MELO-3 4ml
Power Supply
SE US18650VTC6 3120mAh 30A 3.6V 18650 Li-ion Battery - GREENx4
Case
ANGIS Legion MOD 200w Geek Vape
Operating System
VapeWild RazzleBerry 50-50-0mg nic
▲ hide details ▲
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 02:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 61)
Quote: Originally Posted by dagget3450 View Post
This is going to be hard to keep politics out of. That said if people can leave branding of a group and try to watch this and be objective. This guy who was making 200+k a year threw that away for a hoax and BS? I don't think so.. The cops part is rather eye opening also.

Also, i keep my temp/cookies/browser history off and Youtube is totally botching it's recommendation feeds. For instance when i click to watch this video, the whole right side column is all Fauxnews and CNN..... Anytime i watch a youtube video it's doing this - They have broken not only the search engine but also youtube among many things. Most of this stuff is easily replicated with simple search terms....
Sorry but no. This company lost any and all respect and benefit of the doubt since their last couple of absolutely insane stunts. Since I can't mention politics I'll leave you to the googling, or duckduckgo if you prefer.

If you want to be taken seriously you could have gone literally anywhere else, sorry but you look like a loon. (You being the self proclaimed whistle blower in the video.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombF1rst go_quote.gif
Blink when gaming thumb.gif
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:58 PM
I Love this Hobby!

Rep: 592 (Unique: 492)
Quote: Originally Posted by speed_demon View Post
Have you given DuckDuckGo a shot? It's been working well for me, reminds me of pre-2008 google search results.

https://duckduckgo.com/
Thanks! Switched everything to DuckDuckGo. DuckDuckGo stated that they don't keep tabs or sell any info (ok, sure).

I suggest everyone start abandoning Google and their products. That goes for YouTube as well. Many have switched but still keeping one foot in YT waiting for the shoe to drop.

Sensorship and swaying opinion by Google corp, especially when there is so many normies out there that have no idea they are being brainwashed, is not good for free society as a whole. The government either has to break Google up or we take it upon ourselves to starve them out of business.

Tell everyone you know to switch to DuckDuckGo and abandon other Google products, platforms and services.

-Guide to 1st Case Modding for Better GPU(s) Performance/Cooling-
https://www.overclock.net/case-mod-wo...ing-guide
-Guide to 2nd Case Modding for Better GPU(s) Performance/Cooling-
https://www.overclock.net/case-mod-wo...e-fan-mod
Bit'O'Heaven
(16 items)
Cigar ATX PC
(14 items)
CPU
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VI Rog Gene
GPU
Gigabyte AMD R9 290 @ 1160GHz Core/1350GHz Mem
GPU
Gigabyte AMD R9 290 @ 1160GHz Core/1350GHz Mem
RAM
G.SKILL Trident X DDR3 16GB 2400MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 PRO 256GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB
Optical Drive
Pioneer Black Blu-ray 16X BD-R 2X BD-RE
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300W 80PLUS Gold Fully Modular
Cooling
Open Water Loop
Case
Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
Operating System
Win 7 Pro 64bit
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27" Freesync 1440p 144Hz
Monitor
Samsung 245BW 24" 1200p 60Hz
Keyboard
Logitech G15
Mouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X5
Mousepad
ALLSOP Redmond Mouse Pad
Audio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1
CPU
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX mITX
GPU
Sapphire AMD HD 7990
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3 8GB 1600MHz
Hard Drive
Crucial SSD 128GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB
Optical Drive
LG DVD R/W
Power Supply
Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 Fully Modular
Cooling
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100
Case
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ATX Black Case
Operating System
Win 7 Pro 64bit
Monitor
Samsung TV 52"
Keyboard
Logitech K330 Wireless
Mouse
Logitech M215 Wireless
Mousepad
Corsair Vengeance MM200
Audio
Yamaha RX-V681 PSB/PolkAudio 5.1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X4 640
Motherboard
ASRock N68C-GS
GPU
NVIDIA 6600GT
RAM
G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM
Optical Drive
LG Optical Drive
Power Supply
Thermaltake TR2 600W
Cooling
Thermaltake Max Orb
Case
Cigar Boxes
Operating System
Windows 7
Monitor
Viewsonic 19” Flatscreen CRT
Keyboard
Gigabyte GK-K6800 103
Mouse
Zalman ZM-M300
Mouse
Corsair Vengeance MM200
▲ hide details ▲

post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by Gunderman456 View Post
Thanks! Switched everything to DuckDuckGo. DuckDuckGo stated that they don't keep tabs or sell any info (ok, sure).

I suggest everyone start abandoning Google and their products. That goes for YouTube as well. Many have switched but still keeping one foot in YT waiting for the shoe to drop.

Sensorship and swaying opinion by Google corp, especially when there is so many normies out there that have no idea they are being brainwashed, is not good for free society as a whole. The government either has to break Google up or we take it upon ourselves to starve them out of business.

Tell everyone you know to switch to DuckDuckGo and abandon other Google products, platforms and services.
I'm sure you're going to stop watching/reading the news, and listening to the radio too then right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in