[Youtube - Project Veritas] Google "Machine Learning Fairness" Whistleblower Goes Public, says: "burden lifted off of my soul" - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Youtube - Project Veritas] Google "Machine Learning Fairness" Whistleblower Goes Public, says: "burden lifted off of my soul"

post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
[Youtube - Project Veritas] Google "Machine Learning Fairness" Whistleblower Goes Public, says: "burden lifted off of my soul"

Quote:
A Google insider who anonymously leaked internal documents to Project Veritas made the decision to go public in an on-the-record video interview. The insider, Zachary Vorhies, decided to go public after receiving a letter from Google, and after he says Google allegedly called the police to perform a "wellness check" on him.
300mg document dump.
https://www.projectveritas.com/google-document-dump
Note: I haven't read all the documents, but the ones I did looked pretty legit.
Algorithmic Discrimination from an Environmental Psychology Perspective Stress Inducing Differential Treatment: Talks about how people are likely to perceive their algorithmic tweaks if they are detected. It's no doubt they knew what they were doing. Not surprising Google reached this point, the better they can steer money to their advertisers, the more money they make.

It has some huge ramifications for the tech world. Lawsuit inbound. IG Metall is sure to use these documents in their union worker petition for youtube. They could also be the spark needed to prove that Alphabet committed perjury to Congress. We could see an anti-trust lawsuit on Google with the intent to break up the company in the next year or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 82 (Unique: 66)
It's all based on increasing revenue. Google is digging deep to improve profits any way they can. Eventually they are bound to do some things that are morally questionable while probing what is and what isn't okay to do to people.

post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:59 PM
Original 16-bit Genesis®

Rep: 67 (Unique: 44)
Give me the cliff notes. I'm not going through all of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 553 (Unique: 313)
google did some pretty typical "giant mega corp with way too much power, money, n privacy" shady shart, which eventually triggered his conscience, thus he gathered evidence, put it out, google tried to get him locked up for being a nut, n now he's accusing Alphabet of being purgers, based on his evidence.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Google is claiming they aren't responsible for what their user's upload to their platform or what the search engine picks up. Meanwhile, they specify what content the platform shows to others. Aka, they are manipulating the search algorithms to show what they want. This isn't too surprising except it is being used to counter free speech. Those who don't support the agenda get "de-boosted" or demonetized. There's financial incentive to support the agenda: More views + ad revenue = income stream.

Alphabet has also shown political bias in favor of the democratic party. In Florida it was predicted that Hispanics would vote for Hilary. Google used their position to encourage Hispanics to vote in Florida. It worked, minority votes were 25% higher than predicted. It failed because they voted for Trump. Internal e-mails show the management telling employees that although they fell short of their overall goal, they should take heart that more people voted. They just need to refine the process.

It has anti-trust lawsuit written all over it. Arguably Zachary Vorhies should have spoken with a prosecuting attorney before leaving the company. That way they could have served a search warrant and collaborated the evidence with google servers. I suspect much of the upcoming court case to be, "did this document exist?" With google scrambling to say it's a fake.

Understandably, Vorhies probably didn't know what attorney he could trust. Going public early was a smart move once google played the 'crazy' card, aka wellness check. It showed that google wasn't pulling punches and that time wasn't on Vorhies side.

Last edited by 1Kaz; 08-14-2019 at 10:03 PM.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 82 (Unique: 66)
Google has friends in many places and money talks. And they have plenty of money. It's going to be incredibly difficult to mount a solid case against them for anything.

I have a feeling this is going to fade away and be forgotten by people soon. I wish that weren't the case but usually corruption and morally wrong behavior doesn't become a hot topic for people anymore.

post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:26 PM
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱

Rep: 158 (Unique: 123)
Now watch as he "commits suicide"

nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ ٴٴ
█▀█ █▄█ ▀█▀ ▀█▀

post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 12:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by 1Kaz View Post
Google is claiming they aren't responsible for what their user's upload to their platform or what the search engine picks up. Meanwhile, they specify what content the platform shows to others. Aka, they are manipulating the search algorithms to show what they want. This isn't too surprising except it is being used to counter free speech. Those who don't support the agenda get "de-boosted" or demonetized. There's financial incentive to support the agenda: More views + ad revenue = income stream.

Alphabet has also shown political bias in favor of the democratic party. In Florida it was predicted that Hispanics would vote for Hilary. Google used their position to encourage Hispanics to vote in Florida. It worked, minority votes were 25% higher than predicted. It failed because they voted for Trump. Internal e-mails show the management telling employees that although they fell short of their overall goal, they should take heart that more people voted. They just need to refine the process.

It has anti-trust lawsuit written all over it. Arguably Zachary Vorhies should have spoken with a prosecuting attorney before leaving the company. That way they could have served a search warrant and collaborated the evidence with google servers. I suspect much of the upcoming court case to be, "did this document exist?" With google scrambling to say it's a fake.

Understandably, Vorhies probably didn't know what attorney he could trust. Going public early was a smart move once google played the 'crazy' card, aka wellness check. It showed that google wasn't pulling punches and that time wasn't on Vorhies side.
I take it that you have no concept of what "free speech" actually is?

I would also assume you have an issue with corporations donating to and supporting candidates then? Corporations are people and money is speech right? Do you have an issue with the "political bias" of all of the corporations who donate Republican?

It always cracks me up how people can be so easily manipulated into suddenly thinking the things they've always supported are now some new evil because it no longer works in their favor.

We'll all eventually learn though that this was just another in a long line of intellectually dishonest James O'Keefe BS. Though like usually it will be too late when the truth comes out.

Last edited by ttnuagmada; 08-15-2019 at 12:46 AM.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 03:33 AM
News Fiend

Reminder to keep the politics to a minimum and on topic.

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲

post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 08:43 AM
Expert pin bender

Rep: 155 (Unique: 92)
This is going to be hard to keep politics out of. That said if people can leave branding of a group and try to watch this and be objective. This guy who was making 200+k a year threw that away for a hoax and BS? I don't think so.. The cops part is rather eye opening also.

Also, i keep my temp/cookies/browser history off and Youtube is totally botching it's recommendation feeds. For instance when i click to watch this video, the whole right side column is all Fauxnews and CNN..... Anytime i watch a youtube video it's doing this - They have broken not only the search engine but also youtube among many things. Most of this stuff is easily replicated with simple search terms....

GPU i currently own: 390x/FuryX/Vega FE/RX Vega 64/RX 580 - CPUs: 5960x/R7 1700/X5650x2/E5 2863/e5 2670/R5 3600
Radeon Vega Frontier Edition Owner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in