[GameRevolution] Denuvo mobile DRM brings controversial security software to phones - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[GameRevolution] Denuvo mobile DRM brings controversial security software to phones

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by ejb222 View Post
What about bixby and the bixby button? my 8+ is great except for that hot turd. can't deactivate the button since oreo, but can change to double click...but bixby still pops up on accidental pressing or even in my camera app...it sux
Yes of course it has bixby, it's a samsung phone, and no that's not bloat. The bixby button now acts as the power button usually found on the right side. Single click to wake/sleep screen, double tap for a action (mine is camera), and hold for bixby; like Siri on the new iphones. The hold can be changed so it will bring up the shutdown menu. If you have it so bixby wakes up the power menu moves to the status bar after a single pull down.

I honestly like bixby, I use it along with the google assistant depending on what I am trying to do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 11:33 PM
Old to Overclock.net

Rep: 119 (Unique: 103)
Quote: Originally Posted by WolfssFang View Post
I just upgraded to the Note 10+ and it has no bloat. Aside from my tmobile apps, if you bought unlocked it should have nothing installed.
There's definitely bloat, you just can't see it or control it unless you are root. For one you have the entire Google services framework running in the background as a system process that you cannot disable/control that is making hundreds of telemetry connections every minute to who knows what. That is wasting resources, data, battery, etc and because it's at the system level it probably doesn't even get counted by the default data manager that tracks/controls usage, the battery tracker is blind to it as well.

Any stock factory Android rom shipping with a factory phone from the major OEM's is bloated to hell and back compared to the custom pure Android only roms guys here are talking about.

It's not even close, once you experience a pure AOSP Android install on your phone you won't go back. You see how powerful/fast Android really is. It doesn't get bloated or slower with updates. Everything is still lightning fast responsive like day one years later.

(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard
Asus Prime X370-A AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4
GPU
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950
RAM
2x Corsair Valueselect 8GB 288 Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 @ 2133
Hard Drive
Corsair Force LS 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC SSD
Optical Drive
Lite-On 24X SATA DVD/RW Optical Drive
Power Supply
Corsair RM550x 550W 80 Plus Gold
Cooling
Noctua NH-L9A-AM4 Low-Profile
Case
Antec NSK4100 Steel ATX Mid Tower
Operating System
Mint 18.2 x64
Monitor
HP 24" LCD/LED 1920x1080
Keyboard
IBM PC-AT
Mouse
Logitech G5
Audio
Sennheiser HD650
Audio
Asus Essence STX II
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by xJumper; 08-27-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in