[Various] New Steam Library and Events overhauls, Sept. 17th - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Various] New Steam Library and Events overhauls, Sept. 17th

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 551 (Unique: 312)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
They should add lend&borrow feature The library would be overflowing with unused games to borrow. No need to buy new ones anymore. Just like the good old days, just borrow it from someone who has already finished the game or otherwise doesn't want to play it anymore. Even a permanent transfer be it free or for $ would go a long way. That's still something that is missing and probably will never get into these online services.

The current state of store on Steam is unusable, you can't use it to browse for new games, as others have said it's riddled with 99% trash, one like the other.

The current library categories are far from easy and quick to use, can't even drag anything. Still no update to this new version.
you can do this via the family settings. I share my library with my brother. We just can't play the same thing at the same time. No, this is not within the same network.

I get Valve has no need to innovate due to lack of genuine competition, but how is it so difficult for them to implement some basic arse shart? Like someone else said, even the interns could implement some of these changes

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 12:50 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
Interesting. I don't use the family sharing on one PC, does it work even on multiple PCs over internet? So your account could allow your family/brother to play a game on his account? Only thing I know is in Steam is buying for someone else, that's about it.

Steam updated today, version Sept. 18, nothing new in there. I bet those "new" features are still beta. Even the old one has a grid view, I don't use it. I don't have a problem with the old view, but I can definitely imagine those with many games have trouble organizing it all since only putting the few free games I have into categories... it's 4 clicks per game, outrageous, when all you need is drag and drop in any sensible UI.

Wanna play a game these days... launch Steam... updating... launch Epic Store... updating... stupid online stores
Metro is free on Epic Sep 26, now I may finally play it and don't have to get it elsewhere Guess that's one positive thing about online stores.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 12:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 551 (Unique: 312)
honestly, I don't remember all too well. All I know is I've gotta go in and re-add him to my friends & family list every so often due to him losing access.

I'm sure there are limitations, but what they are? No clue. The only one I'm aware of is the fact we both can't be using a product key @ the same time... Unless one of you is offline*

we never run into conflicts cuz he rarely uses it

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 11:31 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
It is that bad Everyone is poking fun at Steam now.

Is the new update BETA? Or did they region lock it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in