[IGN] EA Launches Surprise Cloud Gaming Trial With Four Games - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[IGN] EA Launches Surprise Cloud Gaming Trial With Four Games

post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 30 (Unique: 26)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
lemme ask this... does PUBG have a high default latency? I always felt like that was the most intentionally latent game ever. I'm pretty sure my N64 was faster.
PUBG has definitely always felt like a high latency game for me. It is a fairly demanding game.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 04:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 551 (Unique: 312)
i still experienced it with nuked settings. Just like, all the time, always. I pushed through it for 4-5 hours n said no thx. It was my first and only attempt at jumping onto the modern BR craze. I guess i'm partial to arma, & its mods. Specially now that #3 has matured, & can run like almost like a dream .

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 07:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 158 (Unique: 114)
Quote: Originally Posted by NihilOC View Post
Spoiler!
I too love to respond to messages by completely ignoring the content therein, alas I don't have your strength of character to see the periodic fantasy through to reality though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 12:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 108 (Unique: 84)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post
basically this. console players would probaby never notice. too bad you'll never convince console players to put down their overpriced decade outdated potato systems. brand loyalty is a wonderfully stupid thing
Hey those decade outdated systems can play games like Bloodborne and God of War, something the PC doesn't have access to until much later when or rather IF an emulator gets developed. PC has some of its own exclusives but i can't think of any recent ones that are up to the same production quality as Sony exclusives.

Consoles and PCs both have a space, and there's no argument that PC hardware is vastly superior, but its also not cheap to be on the bleeding edge, so consoles work well for most people. As for cloud gaming, i'm not a fan of the idea, there's just too much latency involved for me personally, it would be fine for some games but nothing competitive. I already notice a huge impact to my gameplay from network latency alone for example when im placed in a west coast Overwatch match (80ms) vs east coast (40ms).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in