[CNBC] Ubisoft shares slump after warning over games delay - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[CNBC] Ubisoft shares slump after warning over games delay

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 33 (Unique: 29)
Had the wrong link. Fixed.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 05:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 558 (Unique: 317)
Quote: Originally Posted by bmgjet View Post
Looks like they are learning finally.

Old ubisoft = Push unfinished game out and lose 80% of customer base.
VS
New ubisoft = delay game until its finished lose 25% shares but most likely pick up more customer base if the final game is quality.
i'm intentionally going to buy all of these recent titles that got pushed back. I haven't played a WD since #1, but the way they've built it out seems really cool. It used to be too sparse.

I hope The Outer Worlds gets a #2, and that said #2 is way less linear and instanced.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

FYI, if anyone wants to give their 2 cents about breakpoint, this is the link to their suggestions forum for the game: https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisp...s-and-Feedback

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 05:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 558 (Unique: 317)
and skip straight to this gem

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...d-in-this-game

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Waiting for 7nm EUV

Rep: 898 (Unique: 504)
PR - English translator: "We completely disregarded what happened with EA's Battlefront II (2017) and arrogantly thought that we could somehow get away with it, so all our upcoming uninspired-all-feel-the-same games were heavily imbued with the greediest over the top greedy microtransactions that pervade Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Everything, even the game icons on your desktop were going to be monetized, so after hitting the tipping point with Breakpoint, we decided to remove (most of) it. Our overlord money making algorithm does need some time to figure out another bittersweet way to make the same amount of money back from our dearest whales though, so stay tuned for the next surprise."

Last edited by tpi2007; 11-05-2019 at 06:25 PM.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
PR - English translator: "We completely disregarded what happened with EA's Battlefront II (2017) and arrogantly thought that we could somehow get away with it, so all our upcoming uninspired-all-feel-the-same games were heavily imbued with the greediest over the top greedy microtransactions that pervade Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Everything, even the game icons on your desktop were going to be monetized, so after hitting the tipping point with Breakpoint, we decided to remove (most of) it. Our overlord money making algorithm does need some time to figure out another bittersweet way to make the same amount of money back from our dearest whales though, so stay tuned for the next surprise."
meh, Battlefront 2 was pay to win and that was the issue. Breakpoint is not, it just isn't the type of game that should have a division style loot system.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 07:20 PM
Waiting for 7nm EUV

Rep: 898 (Unique: 504)
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
meh, Battlefront 2 was pay to win and that was the issue. Breakpoint is not, it just isn't the type of game that should have a division style loot system.

I could have mentioned other games, but I chose EA's Battlefront II from 2017 not because it has the exact same problems, but because it signalled with the public in general a tipping point in the monetization mechanics employed by triple-A publishers, a tipping point that Ubisoft thought that they could bypass as long as they 'only' went completely overboard with microtransations. It's two different 'achievements', but the underlying problem is the same.

Also, Breakpoint does not have pay to win?

Last edited by tpi2007; 11-05-2019 at 07:25 PM.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
I could have mentioned other games, but I chose EA's Battlefront II from 2017 not because it has the exact same problems, but because it signalled with the public in general a tipping point in the monetization mechanics employed by triple-A publishers, a tipping point that Ubisoft thought that they could bypass as long as they 'only' went completely overboard with microtransations. It's two different 'achievements', but the underlying problem is the same.

Also, Breakpoint does not have pay to win?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM9JLr5KZJs
Fair enough point about Battlefront 2 making it clear that this isn't what people want.

I haven't watched that whole video, but I've seen a lot of videos about breakpoint. I haven't played it yet but I will probably try it this weekend (I signed up for uplay+ just for now because there were a few games I wanted to try). I have played a lot of Ubisoft games though and it seems to me that the microtransactions in this game are either just cosmetic or don't give you anything you can't get in the game pretty easily anyway. Ubisoft's games usually have a ton of items you can buy but I've never seen any reason to at all. Anyway, that doesn't really bother me with breakpoint. It just bothers me that wildlands was a pretty tactical game where guns did damage like they should and nothing was level based at all, and made the follow up into a looter shooter. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just another ghost recon game rebooting the series, but it's a direct sequel to wildlands. Kinda crazy to make a sequel to a game be so different from the original, and looter shooter mechanics don't fit with a tactical stealth game.

If the game didn't have a level system and was like wildlands in the way you get guns and upgrades, I would be happy and I wouldn't care how many cosmetics items or XP boosters they sell so long as it doesn't impact the gameplay.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 02:08 AM
mfw

Rep: 398 (Unique: 206)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
Wow. I didn't know people could be 2015 post-4chan edgy in 2019 unironically.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 04:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Beyond good and evil 2 is in development for more than 3 years now, , not even a release date for 2020 , it should be out.It must cost a lot.The guy take his time to develop its "merveille" with others money.That's unacceptable.They are cristallizing too much on it.
Cut the crap ubisoft.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in