[CNBC] Ubisoft shares slump after warning over games delay - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[CNBC] Ubisoft shares slump after warning over games delay

post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 01:45 PM
GPU Enthusiast

Rep: 199 (Unique: 146)
Quote: Originally Posted by keikei View Post
I'm cool with Legions being delayed. You cannot compete with CP 2027.
It's easy to compete with CP 2077, you just need to care about your product rather than trying to wring every last cent out of consumers who could care less quality of the "new* game they're buying. And by new game I mean re-skinned shooter with a different locale, plagued with micro transaction skins, and well... I digress because I'll never really understand the people throwing money at Ubi and EA for game series like Far Cry, AC, BF, COD, and so on.

Ever since developers start stuffing their games to the brim with time wasting side quests, "realistic" crafting systems and micro transactions, almost every AAA game released blends into one giant steaming turd.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 was starting to give me some hope but when they announced it was online and multiplayer focused, I'm really on the fence about the game. Ubisoft has been banned from my PC since they destroyed Far Cry and NFS series, not to mention Uplay

Steins Gate
(16 items)
CPU
3700X
Motherboard
ASUS CH8 WiFi
GPU
EVGA 2080S FTW3
RAM
2x8GB DDR4 3200 c14 @ 3800 C16 1T
Hard Drive
960 Evo
Hard Drive
850 Evo
Power Supply
EVGA 750w G2
Cooling
EVGA CLC 360
Case
Fractal Design S2
Monitor
Acer ed323qur
Keyboard
CM MK730
Mouse
G703
Mousepad
Logitech Powerplay
Audio
Polk tsi 100
Audio
HD518
Audio
Denon PMA-60
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 06:59 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 342 (Unique: 242)
Quote: Originally Posted by Blze001 View Post
I'm all for companies letting dev teams have more time, I've endured enough disasters that were primarily because they needed to meet a deadline.

As far as the games mentioned, Far Cry has always been a "have gun fights and shoot a bunch with some story loosely tying these murder sprees together" title, so I'm curious what they're gonna be doing with it to make it competitive with "mega blockbusters".

And I really hope they continue the direction they took with Odyssey with Assassin's Creed. I'm actually interested in the next one (I'm STILL playing Odyssey) now that it's not just parkour simulator with a confusing present-day story that is kinda, sorta, not really well communicated or planned. Only AC I've actually finished aside from Odyssey was AC4 because pirate ships.
I remember Far Cry more as a tech demo for Crytek. Spawn on a tropical island, here are a few guns and enemies around to test on/murder.

Nowadays Far Cry is quite a bit different I imagine, entirely different developers=people. Apart from 1st in the series it seems more of a Ubisoft money machine to keep running. Similar to what they are doing with Assasin's Creed, where first games one would be tempted to try but then when so many follow ups show up to it? Not really. Reskin and rerelease sort of thing not my thing, the story was fairly finished and gameplay not that innovative or impressive. Play once and forget with no desire to play consecutive games from that series.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 07:46 PM
H₂O Aficionado

Rep: 117 (Unique: 94)
It was a good call. This is the way I see it:

Ubisoft's bottom line was hit and the CEO did what CEO's should do. Take the fall and describe the plan of action to solve these issues.

Yes... shares took a hit but they shifted all their major release to next fiscal... Is any one surprised?

The company acknowledge and more importantly, understood why it was loosing sales. Now they have a chance to fix some of their mistakes. Do you honestly believe it will be a total 180 degree flip from what happened on Breakpoint? Because I doubt it. However, they have the chance to work towards something better. And not fall for the same pitfalls larger companies typically do.

Do you guys believe EA would do this? Look at Bethesda with their Fallout 1st package. They released a large game with a terrible launch. Similarly poor reviews to Breakpoint; Poor sales. Yet we now we have Fallout 1st. More expensive; More issues.

EA took a hit with Anthem; I'm sure Zenimax/Bethesda took a hit with Fallout. Their responses were much different.

-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-

Stridsfordon 90
(20 items)
M1 Abrams
(18 items)
Asus G53
(0 items)
CPU
Intel 3930K
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
GPU
GTX 780 SC
RAM
Patriot Black Viper
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 SSD
Hard Drive
WD Black 7200 RPM
Power Supply
Corsair AX 850
Cooling
XSPC EX 360 Radiator
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
Cooling
XSPC Titan/780 GPU Block
Cooling
EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal
Cooling
XSPC D5 Pump
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
QNIX 27"
Keyboard
Logitech G710+
Mouse
Razer Death Adder 2013
Mousepad
Mouse Rug
Audio
Sennheiser HD 6XX
Audio
Bose Companion III's
CPU
i7 3930K
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
GPU
Geforce GTX 780 EVGA SC 3GB + XSPC Waterblock
RAM
Patriot Viper 3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 840 Series 250GB
Power Supply
Corsair AX850
Cooling
XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Night Hawk Edition
Cooling
XSPC 360mm radiator, Raystorm CPU block, D5 pump
Case
Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Military Green (Custom paint)
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
QNIX QX2710 27" 100hz
Monitor
Samsung 2233RZ 22" 120hz
Keyboard
Logitech g710+
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 3.5G
Mouse
Mouse Rug
Audio
Bose Companion III's Speakers
Audio
Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones
Audio
Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 09:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 563 (Unique: 321)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
I remember Far Cry more as a tech demo for Crytek. Spawn on a tropical island, here are a few guns and enemies around to test on/murder.

Nowadays Far Cry is quite a bit different I imagine, entirely different developers=people. Apart from 1st in the series it seems more of a Ubisoft money machine to keep running. Similar to what they are doing with Assasin's Creed, where first games one would be tempted to try but then when so many follow ups show up to it? Not really. Reskin and rerelease sort of thing not my thing, the story was fairly finished and gameplay not that innovative or impressive. Play once and forget with no desire to play consecutive games from that series.
the series has gone thru its lows and highs, and the last two were decent titles. Thank god they finally introduced a difficulty slider, even if it doesn't do anything besides make enemies hit harder.

The most annoying thing in that franchise is how utterly easy the game becomes after getting a few BFGs.

Assassins Creed though, maaaan. If only egypt were done on the engine of Greece, and greece had a few less islands and a few more hours of uncanny valley nuking. It's just such a giant hollow world they've built. Awesome towns that you NEVER wanna go back to again, because of how large everything is. Massive towns you only visit for 2-3 quests, then move on forever. It's cool, but it leaves so much to be desired when you can only interact with the world via two attacks, a block, juke, and loot button. Imagine if the Assassins creed folks didn't rebuild the entire engine for EVERY SINGLE NEW release? Seems they could bake in a much higher quality game if they just cut back on the frills a bit.

and for the love of god, please make Black Flag its own game. The ocean warfare is epic.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 03:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 74 (Unique: 65)
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
How much did you play wildlands? It's a great game.
I got 129-132 hours out of it according to steam. I enjoyed it for what it was, an arcadey romp through Bolivia. I don’t think it should’ve been called a ghost recon game though.

Foxbox
(13 items)
CPU
i9 9900K 5.1GHz @ 1.34v
Motherboard
ASRock Taichi Z390
GPU
RTX Titan (WC)
RAM
GSKILL 32GB 3200MHz CL14
Hard Drive
Samsung 4TB SSD
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200i
Cooling
EKWB Custom
Case
Corsair 1000D
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
OLED C9
Keyboard
Logitech G915
Mouse
Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Audio
Sony STR-DN1080 5.1.2
▲ hide details ▲
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 06:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
With the new generation of consoles coming out next year, I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the delay was to ensure that a lot of the games get released on the old and new consoles at the same/similar time.

They probably also lost some sales by no longer using steam.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 34 (Unique: 30)
Quote: Originally Posted by zehoo View Post
With the new generation of consoles coming out next year, I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the delay was to ensure that a lot of the games get released on the old and new consoles at the same/similar time.

No, it's because the division 2 and especially breakpoint underperformed for ubi and they don't want their future games to underperform as well. You don't have to wonder, they stated as much.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 10:26 AM
H₂O Aficionado

Rep: 117 (Unique: 94)
Quote: Originally Posted by zehoo View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
No, it's because the division 2 and especially breakpoint underperformed for ubi and they don't want their future games to underperform as well. You don't have to wonder, they stated as much.
I agree; In part.

I'm sure someone did the calculation on the additional sales from all the new platforms. Lets face it. Next year E3 will be about the hardware and new games on the hardware. I'm sure Ubisoft wants to tie as many of their titles to that new hardware in addition to the large user base on existing hardware.

-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-

Stridsfordon 90
(20 items)
M1 Abrams
(18 items)
Asus G53
(0 items)
CPU
Intel 3930K
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
GPU
GTX 780 SC
RAM
Patriot Black Viper
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 SSD
Hard Drive
WD Black 7200 RPM
Power Supply
Corsair AX 850
Cooling
XSPC EX 360 Radiator
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
Cooling
XSPC Titan/780 GPU Block
Cooling
EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal
Cooling
XSPC D5 Pump
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
QNIX 27"
Keyboard
Logitech G710+
Mouse
Razer Death Adder 2013
Mousepad
Mouse Rug
Audio
Sennheiser HD 6XX
Audio
Bose Companion III's
CPU
i7 3930K
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
GPU
Geforce GTX 780 EVGA SC 3GB + XSPC Waterblock
RAM
Patriot Viper 3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 840 Series 250GB
Power Supply
Corsair AX850
Cooling
XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Night Hawk Edition
Cooling
XSPC 360mm radiator, Raystorm CPU block, D5 pump
Case
Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Military Green (Custom paint)
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
QNIX QX2710 27" 100hz
Monitor
Samsung 2233RZ 22" 120hz
Keyboard
Logitech g710+
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 3.5G
Mouse
Mouse Rug
Audio
Bose Companion III's Speakers
Audio
Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones
Audio
Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones
▲ hide details ▲
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 01:01 PM
FOCAL ARIA FTW

Rep: 357 (Unique: 277)
I am sorry to say but they deserve it. Greed should not pay yet it does.
Companies like this need a wake-up call and remember that asking 120 euros for Ultimate Edition Ghost Recon Breakpoint is stupid.

AUDIO: DENON D-2000 -MARK LAWTON & FOCAL ARIA 948 WITH NAD C388 & NAD C568& REGA PLANAR 3 / FOCAL UTOPIA HEADPHONES NEXT / HOME CINEMA : YAMAHA AVENTAGE RX-A860
CARS : BMW M3 CSL E46 / AUDI A4 2018 3.0 TDI MTM tuned (340 HP) / Focus RS MK3 2017 NB - full option (400 HP) / Ford Fiesta Cherry Red - 1.0 Ecoboost @145 HP / Audi Q3 2018 - 1.4 TFSI @ 150 HP

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 34 (Unique: 30)
Quote: Originally Posted by Slaughtahouse View Post
I agree; In part.

I'm sure someone did the calculation on the additional sales from all the new platforms. Lets face it. Next year E3 will be about the hardware and new games on the hardware. I'm sure Ubisoft wants to tie as many of their titles to that new hardware in addition to the large user base on existing hardware.
I'm sure these games would come out on ps5 anyway. Clearly they have tried to shift the argument from "bad releases cause delays" to "games delayed for ps5 release", but they were honest with their share holders they this is directly a result of breakpoint doing so badly.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in