Firefox loses market share - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Firefox loses market share

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 02:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Go IE 7.0! I find that opera and firefox do not display all sites correctly (menus already been folded out and other minor stuff what annoys me )

And opera...you have to pay for a crappy program, my dear god, rather firefox than that...and rather IE than that

-Anzen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzen
Go IE 7.0! I find that opera and firefox do not display all sites correctly (menus already been folded out and other minor stuff what annoys me )

And opera...you have to pay for a crappy program, my dear god, rather firefox than that...and rather IE than that
IE 7.0 is crap just the same. Its got all the holes that IE 6 has. And the reason some sites wont display correctly means that they werent coded right. Firefox and Opera are very strict when it comes to web standards. If the sites coding is bad it wont display right. IE refuses to follow those standards and makes people use Microsofts version of the code, which violates the WC3 standards. So if everyone knew how to code sites correctly we wouldnt have problems with Firefox and Opera not showing pages correctly. And almost every site shows up just fine for me.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 06:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Bill gates is trying to rip of firefox so hard with IE 7
Take a look at this and u will know what i mean
http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ie8ss.jpg
Go Firefox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Some call me... Bifford

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3r3my
I know of at least a couple lost souls who refuse to use Firefox that are members of this site
Firefox does absolutely nothing that I care about. In a perfect world all browsers would conform to the standards set forth by w3c, in the real world they do not. Firefox doesn't follow them either, albeit they are much closer. If I have to choose between coding something for IE or Firefox, you better believe it is going with IE. Sure Firefox does all sorts of things with plugins and whatnot, I just don't care about that. I have never encountered a single site that didn't display in IE, I cannot say the same about Firefox. In general IE doesn't crash, again I cannot say the same about Firefox. I use Firefox but only to test cross-browser compatibility. Other than that I could care less to use it.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 06:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 53)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrnyGoat
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/0,3...9213313,00.htm

Looks like people are getting dumber again...
agreed

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 07:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 383 (Unique: 281)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRD
Firefox does absolutely nothing that I care about. In a perfect world all browsers would conform to the standards set forth by w3c, in the real world they do not. Firefox doesn't follow them either, albeit they are much closer. If I have to choose between coding something for IE or Firefox, you better believe it is going with IE. Sure Firefox does all sorts of things with plugins and whatnot, I just don't care about that. I have never encountered a single site that didn't display in IE, I cannot say the same about Firefox. In general IE doesn't crash, again I cannot say the same about Firefox. I use Firefox but only to test cross-browser compatibility. Other than that I could care less to use it.
agreed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in