Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nottingham, England
Rep: 535 (Unique: 242)
Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 is a preview of our award-winning Web browser. Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 is available for our early adopter community, Web site and Web application developers, and our Extension developers.
Here's what's new in Firefox 1.5 Beta 1:
* Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
* Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance.
* Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
* Improvements to popup blocking.
* Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
* Answers.com is added to the search engine list.
* Improvements to product usability including descriptive error pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and "Safe Mode" experience.
* Better accessibility including support for DHTML accessibility and assistive technologies such as the Window-Eyes 5.5 beta screen reader for Microsoft Windows. Screen readers read aloud all available information in applications and documents or show the information on a Braille display, enabling blind and visually impaired users to use equivalent software functionality as their sighted peers.
* Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox.
* Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
* Many security enhancements.
* List of notable bug fixes since Deer Park Alpha 2
|* Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.|
Originally Posted by Ste
Good lad, cheers
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|