Hey all, I picked up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Dolphin emulator recently. Most of you who have tried to play it, know that getting the controls to work is a pain. I searched the internet and didn't see any good configs, so I thought I would share mine.Controls
Here is an image giving a basic overview of the controls.How to Install
A few notes about the controls
- Download ini file from here
- Navigate to C:\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Config\Profiles\Wiimote
- Place SMG2 XBC.ini in the Wiimote folder
- Open Dolphin and click on the Wiimote icon in the top tray
- Under the Wiimote 1 drop down menu, select "Emulated Wiimote" and press the Configure button
Make sure your controller is connected for the next steps!
- Under the Device drop down menu select your connected controller of choice. XInput/0/Gamepad is the first controller, XInput/1/Gamepad is the second, and so on.
- Under the Profile drop down menu, select SMG2 XBC and press Load
The window should look like this:
- Click OK at the bottom of the config window
- Click OK at the bottom of the other config window
- Menu navigation is a bit tricky, but you get used to it.
- Moving hides the IR Cursor.
- Your controller must be connected before you start the game.