[KT] Pro Gaming League Will Drug Test Its Players - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[KT] Pro Gaming League Will Drug Test Its Players

Closed Thread

post #11 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:28 PM
ShakinHips

Rep: 65 (Unique: 55)
Ehhhh...
Not sure if want to see "Sober" players compete...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:31 PM

for reals. I really think there needs to be a way for peolpe that want to kill themselves through drugs to do it. PED Sports is a great way. You know it will be entertaining and you know it will stimulate some economy.
post #13 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 125 (Unique: 111)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EniGma1987 View Post

If ESports want to get large scale acceptance and TV airtime they need to have rules like this against performance enhancing drugs.

You don't think that, generally speaking, personal investment or tribalism are the larger impediments?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
If there was an all-drugs allowed olympics, I'd actually watch it. Otherwise, don't give two craps about sports (or e-sports).
post #15 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracrunchy View Post

If there was an all-drugs allowed olympics, I'd actually watch it. Otherwise, don't give two craps about sports (or e-sports).

Yeah I don't know why somebody hasn't made a killing doing it.

There are all sorts of maniacs that really believe in short sweet life that will line up for PEDs to compete. Why not give them that chance at glory. This way we know its all PED instead of suspecting
post #16 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Shame on the ESL. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif[/quote]

Why ? If they want to be a real sport, all other sports drug test. Adderoll would keep you focused and going for hours, that would be an advantage over other players who don't take it. If you've never taken it, then you wouldn't understand.

post #17 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Crayon Evangelist

Rep: 469 (Unique: 321)
I am sorry, but what type of drugs are we talking about that are going to give someone an online edge?

You know...muscle enhancing drugs help you run faster and hit harder...but click faster?

Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
Computex 2018: 'Ladies and Gentleman, people of all chromatic sensibilities and lighting clownery, we are proud to present the aaarrrrgggeeebeeee Circus Maximus!'
Quote: Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
I was initially interested in Fallout 76, but my enthusiasm was nuked.
Quote: Originally Posted by rush2049 View Post
If I lob a grenade and die and respawn before it exploded does it still explode?
post #18 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpope View Post

Why ? If they want to be a real sport, all other sports drug test. Adderoll would keep you focused and going for hours, that would be an advantage over other players who don't take it. If you've never taken it, then you wouldn't understand.

Yeah I am not opposed to drug tests at all. Just to throw it out there. I believe in hard work.

But I also believe that a PED Sports would be killer (pun intended) for TV and economy.
post #19 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo101 View Post

Yeah I am not opposed to drug tests at all. Just to throw it out there. I believe in hard work.

But I also believe that a PED Sports would be killer (pun intended) for TV and economy.
Completely get that, let all sports players take whatever they want, we will watch more. There would be a MLB player hit 100 home runs and their profits would skyrocket. But they are all worried about the future health problems of the players and lawsuits that would follow.

post #20 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpope View Post

Completely get that, let all sports players take whatever they want, we will watch more. There would be a MLB player hit 100 home runs and their profits would skyrocket. But they are all worried about the future health problems of the players and lawsuits that would follow.

Yeah but thats an easy fix aint it. Make the person sign a full disclosure act saying I won't sue you for being a dumbass and doping my blood stream with PEDs
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in