[KT] Pro Gaming League Will Drug Test Its Players - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[KT] Pro Gaming League Will Drug Test Its Players

Closed Thread

post #21 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo101 View Post

Yeah but thats an easy fix aint it. Make the person sign a full disclosure act saying I won't sue you for being a dumbass and doping my blood streams with PEDs

It's not intramurals. haha. Agents, lawyers, that would never happen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 137 (Unique: 110)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

I am sorry, but what type of drugs are we talking about that are going to give someone an online edge?

You know...muscle enhancing drugs help you run faster and hit harder...but click faster?

Specifically the drug "Adderall". This is a drug often taken by people whom suffer from ADHD. In a very non-technical sense Adderall makes the user VERY focused as people who suffer from ADHD find it almost impossible to concentrate. In a broad sense Adderall is probably one of the ONLY drugs in the world that could actually make you perform better, react faster, and notice things quicker during a video-game on a screen. If you think about it, it honestly makes sense that they resorted to taking Adderall to up their game versus any other drug in the world.

Here is my 2cents.gif on the issue. Adderall is not an "illegal" drug. Prescription yes, illegal no. It will show up on a drug test but I'm not so sure that they can prosecute for finding it. What if a player genuinely has ADHD? If not, the ESL cannot just ask for you to hand over your medical records to prove or deny that you have a disease or condition that warrants taking Adderall. That would be illegal. I'm sure they will find some way to get the players but still this is more work than it is worth. I am not promoting the use of drugs but Adderall is a very common drug these days, and doctors are very quick to hand it out. Read up on the topic sometime, I have read many articles and medical studies about it and it is quite interesting.

Tl;dr - If players want to take Adderall to "perform better" then let them. It does not give that much of an edge anyways I'm sure. The ESL should be more concerned about more things like match throwing, cheating, cross-team rigging and the like.

- Insan1tyOne
post #23 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Video games are not sports...at all.
I spent my life avoiding sports and being associated with them. I don't want video games lumped into sports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

I am sorry, but what type of drugs are we talking about that are going to give someone an online edge?

You know...muscle enhancing drugs help you run faster and hit harder...but click faster?
Heightened sense of awareness > Clicking faster.
If it didn't work, no one would do it.

It only lasts so long though. You can chase the high forever but the heightened sense of awareness dissipates when you become sleep deprived.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 131 (Unique: 92)
Do they allow prescription drugs to be taken? Anybody can get script for amphetamines if they answer ADHD questions properly rolleyes.gif. Will they not allow players who use pot? That sure isn't an enhancer...

I hope they do urine tests because those are very easy to pass - synthetic urine DOES work and does pass as real urine. I've never given my employer my real urine at any point - it is NONE of their business!
post #25 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpope View Post

It's not intramurals. haha. Agents, lawyers, that would never happen.

You mean to tell me in the country of paperworks that we cannot have a sane person (sane depending on how you look at it) sign off their lives to PEDs and be protected from lawsuits?

Someone else might need to chime in on this because we really need to let dumb people make their own decisions not hold their hands for them.

I'm all for making the most of a bad situation. They are gonna dope anyway, let them dope.

I have to sign a disclosure to K1 Go Kart that I will not sue if I break my neck racing around a track. Its my choice to get on the Go Kart.

Good lord, why do we always pander to functioning adults that can't make responsible decisions
post #26 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:06 PM

Drug tests are an invasion of privacy, cost lots of money, and do little to stop actual drug use. Whatever, let them waste their money and let the gamers drop out of the league like flies.
post #27 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 276 (Unique: 256)
I think they should release the blood - monster energy drink levels of these players..yuck

post #28 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 18)
well i actually have ADHD and i take adderall.. thats some crap right there.
post #29 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
[/quote]Someone else might need to chime in on this because we really need to let dumb people make their own decisions not hold their hands for them.

I'm all for making the most of a bad situation. They are gonna dope anyway, let them dope.

I have to sign a disclosure to K1 Go Kart that I will not sue if I break my neck racing around a track. Its my choice to get on the Go Kart.

Good lord, why do we always pander to functioning adults that can't make responsible decisions[/quote]

I'm sorry but go karts don't bring in the kind of money of pro sports, or pro gaming, or lawyers that will attack anything. I'm sure you could do a fat rail of coke, smoke a blunt and race that kart all day and there wouldn't be any repercussions. You signing that form just means they are not liable if you smash into a hay bale and try to sue.

post #30 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpope View Post

I'm sorry but go karts don't bring in the kind of money of pro sports, or pro gaming, or lawyers that will attack anything. I'm sure you could do a fat rail of coke, smoke a blunt and race that kart all day and there wouldn't be any repercussions. You signing that form just means they are not liable if you smash into a hay bale and try to sue.

ARRGHGHGHGHG OKAY but I WANT MY PED SPORTS. If you sign up for PEDNFL, it should be obvious that its all about doping. Why, why protect dumb people that do dumb things knowingly....maannn
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in