[Tweak Town] Square Enix betting big on racing games in the future - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Tweak Town] Square Enix betting big on racing games in the future

Closed Thread

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
Stock

Rep: 144 (Unique: 122)

Quote:
 Square Enix just entered into a partnership with an Italian company known as Milestone S.r.l, who specialize in bringing the joy of racing into the gaming world, in order to bring that racing genre goodness to more people around the world. The first game, Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO is coming March 15th on the Xbox OnePlayStation 4 and of course the PC.

They've entered a multi-game partnership where Square Enix will publish Milestone's games well into 2016 and will start that with Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO, which has earned a great reputation for how challenging and realistic it is. There seems to be a resurgence, or sorts in the various simulation genres, and Square Enix wants to be a part of that. You'll be able to drive over 50 different vehicles across more than 300km of simulated track. It stands to be a great entrant.

"Partnering with Square Enix, a world-renowned and respected industry leader with a vast wealth of expertise and resources will allow us to better reach our dedicated and enthusiastic fans and ensure a successful partnership," affirms Luisa Bixio V.P. Milestone. "We look sharing our passion for four and two wheels with a larger audience."

Source: Link

Now i'm excited for more rally games (LOEB!!!!!), however i'm weary that the developer is Milestone... Hopefully this partnership will provide better updates and community support than what Milestone is know for.  (Lack for any support for their previous games WRC 4)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 02:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 82 (Unique: 74)
Tbh i have watched milestone grow since before the first WRC game, They aint that bad of a developer and seb loeb rally is more the rally game i want to play than dirt rally tbh, i dont care about how 1:1 everything is or how shiny it looks, i want something fun to play and all the WRC games i played i put close to 500 hours in the series on pc.

But hopefully with Squenix behind them that will help them out a fair bit with ride 2 i hope, might be much easier to acquire manufacturer licences for things too.

sniper.gifS.T.A.L.K.E.R Fan Club skull.gif

Stuff I say often.

The only things that love you are the things you have purchased
You can not beat a good sega soundtrack
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 04:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 87 (Unique: 71)
I wouldn't be surprised if the game will have possible VR capabilities eventually

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 05:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 531 (Unique: 389)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudewitbow View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if the game will have possible VR capabilities eventually

I get the feeling VR will start to take off with Racing games and sims as well as Indie game sims..

Once VR becomes mainstream, we'll see it used as a training aid for all sorts of fields. We already utilize Computer-Based training extensively throughout various industries. I look forward to seeing how the electronic entertainment industry will continue to contributes to other industries.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 06:09 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 44 (Unique: 34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post

I get the feeling VR will start to take off with Racing games and sims as well as Indie game sims..

Once VR becomes mainstream, we'll see it used as a training aid for all sorts of fields. We already utilize Computer-Based training extensively throughout various industries. I look forward to seeing how the electronic entertainment industry will continue to contributes to other industries.

Back in winter 2004, I took an Intro to Entrepreneurship course and an older fellow mentioned real-time, VR racing as a business idea. He was laughed out of the classroom. Meanwhile a business student mentioned M&A and was golf-clapped. Yeah...
(Moreover mainstream, nevermind ESPN-hosted, esports content was still long far off. And now we actually have LoL/DoTA content on ESPN in 2016).

It's odd to say, but maybe this fellas ideas were just 12 years too early. And irony of it all, coming from a guy that was 2.5x the age of the typical student.

> I should probably mention that I was on his team later, I wonder if I can dig up our presentation haha.

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=31362Build History (Click to show)
CPU History:
Thunderbird-C 800Mhz, 2100+ TBred B, 2600+ XP-M, Opteron 146, Core2 e8400, i5 750, i5 4670K

MB History:

A7V, A7N8X rev1.06, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, DFI LT P35, GB P55-UD3R, GB Z87-UD4H

GPU History:
Matrox G400, ATi 8500LE, ATi 9800Pro, Leadtek 6800NU, BFG 7800GT, BFG 8800GT, GTX 260, eVGA GTX 560 Ti, Zotac GTX 580, eVGA GTX 780, eVGA 980Ti
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-21-2016, 11:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 13)
ehh ill stick with my forza and gran turismo

Ignorance does not hate nor does it care and thus i neither liked you or hate you. Thus bringing forth eternal peace.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 08:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 52)
If they release a contender to Forza 4 on the PC I'll buy it in a heartbeat. Even if they just release an endurance racing oriented game I would be interested. Project CARS was a massive bomb. Project CARS claims it has a heavy endurance racing element in it but it lacks many of the major cars and tracks in modern day endurance racing. The two biggest failures was the failure to include Sebring (12 Hours of Sebring) and the C7.R Corvette (2015 Le Mans 24 GTE-Pro winner). Project CARS is a massive joke and I regret buying it. Assetto Corsa seems okay but not amazing like Forza 4 was.

I would really like to see the racing scene improve on the PC. It's sad that my most preferred platform for racing is the Xbox 360.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 09:08 PM
Phenomenologist

Rep: 173 (Unique: 143)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post

VR does make sense for racing games, be cool to get a wheel and pedals, and your head only needs to turn 180, so it is ideal for VR... man this could be a bright future for gaming...

Headphones: Sennhesier HD660S
AMP: Schiit Asgard 2
DAC: Schiit Modi 3
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 01:25 PM
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 56 (Unique: 51)
Dirt 2.0 supports VR. I don't have VR but I have Dirt 2.0, great game. Dirt has always been my favorite rally cross racing game ever since dirt 2 (different from 2.0).

4K Rig
(7 items)
CPU
Intel 7700k @4.2ghz
GPU
Zotec 1080 Ti
RAM
16GB 3200mhz DDR4
Hard Drive
250GB nvme + 500GB SSD + 4TB HDD
Monitor
Samsung 4K 65 inch TV
Monitor
Pixio PX276 27inch 144Hz 1ms 1440p
Audio
Sound Blaster z
▲ hide details ▲
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Overclocking since 1998

Rep: 48 (Unique: 41)
Assetto Corsa supports VR

CPU
Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra
GPU
Powercolor 5700XT Red Devil
RAM
TridentZ B-die @ 3733CL16
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro
Hard Drive
Adata XPG SX8200 Pro
Optical Drive
BD-RE
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Case
Fractal Define R5
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
LG 27GL83A-B 27" Nano-IPS
Keyboard
Corsair K68 Cherry Reds
Mouse
Razer Deathadder
CPU
7700K Delid @5.1GHz @1.4V
Motherboard
Asus Z270F Strix
GPU
Asus RX480 Strix @ 1400MHz
RAM
Corsair Vengance PC3200 2x8GB
Hard Drive
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro
Hard Drive
2 x 3TB HDD
Optical Drive
LG BD-R
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Case
Fractal Define R5
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Dell 27" 1080p
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder
▲ hide details ▲

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in