[TinyBuild] G2A sold $450k worth of our game keys that we received no payment for - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[TinyBuild] G2A sold $450k worth of our game keys that we received no payment for

Closed Thread

post #11 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 04:54 PM
SpaceStationGaming

Rep: 462 (Unique: 351)
This just adds to another reason why I refuse to support Grey Markets CD-Keys sites like G2A/CDKeys etc. It's insane that people are okay with damaging the industry to buy games cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 05:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

This just adds to another reason why I refuse to support Grey Markets CD-Keys sites like G2A/CDKeys etc. It's insane that people are okay with damaging the industry to buy games cheaper.

Considering most people are okay with supporting the used game market (including myself), it doesn't seem that insane to me. Seems perfectly logical in the land of capitalism.

Author & Webmaster of http://www.GamerWord.Net - Alternative Viewpoint Articles & Reviews for Films & Games
post #13 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 05:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 89 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1337dude View Post

Considering most people are okay with supporting the used game market (including myself), it doesn't seem that insane to me. Seems perfectly logical in the land of capitalism.

I am willing to bet devs loose alot more from the rather large used games console market than they do from the small amount of people that buy from a shady reseller like g2a(not that I am defending g2a, never used them before).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 05:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1337dude View Post

Capitalism doesn't mean buying goods that were bought with stolen credit card information. Capitalism implies the process has to be a voluntary transaction, the guy who had his CC information stolen wasn't in this voluntarily.

And this is where it defers from buying used games, buying used games doesn't involve stealing someones credit card information.
post #15 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 05:39 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 325 (Unique: 270)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

lots of times regular G2A prices are lower then even Steam sales ones so quite obvious why they're successful

It's easy to price stuff below market value when it's stolen.

post #16 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 05:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

I will only buy keys from G2A for AAA games. Indie dev's I pay full price directly off steam. Ubisoft, EA and the likes can kiss my A**. $79.99 for crap, never going to happen.

post #17 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:03 PM
opi
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 14)
You'd be amazed at what people will accept for "free" or "cheap" products. As long as they aren't constantly reminded what it took to get that product cheaper. Come to think about it nearly everyone does this... I do this and I'd bet good money you do as well. Lol wow, I was getting ready to climb on to that high horse there and just knocked myself off. That's a first..

But some stuff I wouldn't do. Like buy games from G2A.

post #18 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 180 (Unique: 154)
What a garbage website to buy a game from. When the web host offers to sell you an optional insurance just in case you get scammed, I closed their site. That should have raised enough red flags and alarms to warn you this website is crap.

You can already go into websites like the official EA Origin store from a VPN to get foreign prices for half off games (origin has no region locks), so there is no point to this.

Command Center 2.0
(14 items)
CPU
Intel i7-6800K
Motherboard
Asus Strix x99
GPU
Zotac GTX 1080 AMP
RAM
32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB HDD
Power Supply
Corsair AX850
Cooling
Corsair H100i (original, not v1 / v2)
Case
Corsair 600T
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
3x Asus VE248Q
Monitor
Samsung 55" 4K HDR Quantom Dot
Audio
Creative Titanium HD
Audio
Sennheiser HD700
▲ hide details ▲
post #19 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:06 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 325 (Unique: 270)
Quote:
Originally Posted by opi View Post

You'd be amazed at what people will accept for "free" or "cheap" products. As long as they aren't constantly reminded what it took to get that product cheaper. Come to think about it nearly everyone does this... I do this and I'd bet good money you do as well. Lol wow, I was getting ready to climb on to that high horse there and just knocked myself off. That's a first..

But some stuff I wouldn't do. Like buy games from G2A.

Just remember that smartphone in your pocket was made by slaves and the land your standing on was stolen from it's indigenous inhabitants. It's easier not to think about it.

post #20 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
You can already go into websites like the official EA Origin store from a VPN to get foreign prices for half off games (origin has no region locks)
doesnt work on Steam ?
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in