[TinyBuild] G2A sold $450k worth of our game keys that we received no payment for - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[TinyBuild] G2A sold $450k worth of our game keys that we received no payment for

Closed Thread

post #21 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 47 (Unique: 46)
I buy AAA games from G2A cause I'm broke and it's like having the Steam summer sale year round. I don't care about EA, Activision, and Ubisoft's profits. Come at me moral bros.

CS:S CAL-Open: Finalist
CS:S CAL/CEVO-Main: Semi-Finalist

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:34 PM
I might have tacos tonite

Rep: 491 (Unique: 345)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscaria View Post

I buy AAA games from G2A cause I'm broke and it's like having the Steam summer sale year round. I don't care about EA, Activision, and Ubisoft's profits. Come at me moral bros.

Why are you giving G2A and the scammers money? Why not just pirate the game?

post #23 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:46 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 58 (Unique: 51)
I doubt this is true. The reason they more than likely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

I don't use key sites but I see why they're popular. If developers both AAA and Indie Alike stopped charging retail prices for a key and data (which cost nearly nothing to host) than maybe sites like G2A could be beaten at their own game. There's no reason for a AAA game to cost 60 dollars on release considering there's no console manufacturers involved, no disc to be pressed, no retail establishments to contract with, no real employees to pay for selling your product and you truly expect to drop 60 bucks on release for a PC title?

I don't buy anything on PC unless it drops to under 20 bucks (which it does, constantly, many times cheaper.) because there's no reason for them to cost so much because publishers and developers receive MUCH higher cuts than if they we're retail. A PC developer will get the same profit at selling their game at 20 dollars (assuming they get 70% trough digital sales) because a 60 dollar game will net them 12 dollars profit after all is said and done once Best Buy/Gamestop/etc and Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo get their share. On the PC there isn't ANY of that.

It's usually steam (who pays out 80%!), gamersgate, GreenManGaming, etc and the developer. Digital PC games are a scam and many people who buy keys know there. That is why they're so popular. So until these developers stop trying to put wool over the eyes of that particular market expect the Gray Market to stay around. And I can't help but on paper support it. Because the state of digital gaming and pricing is a sham and they know it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:48 PM

Denuvo actually killed a pirate option for a lot of new games, so that may be a reason as well why some turn to G2A
post #25 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:50 PM
gonX is my waifu

Rep: 172 (Unique: 155)
There has always been a certain percentage of vendors doing illegal stuff, but sure as heck they used to be mostly legit from 2012-2015, on sites like g2a and kinguin. Seeing as alot of those guys used to do steamtrading back then also.

But nowadays, because of the measures that have been taken against reselling gifts and keys it's way harder to keep your profits up, so more people are tending to the illegal stuff.

post #26 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 44 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

You can't often play a pirated copy online. As was also mentioned, good luck pirating much of anything with Denuvo locking it down for months. While I don't support pirating the game, it's a bit ironic that some developers are now asking people to pirate the game as opposed to buying from the gray market.

You can also throw in the fact that you can't resell titles on PC and all triple A titles are the same $60 as on console.

"PS4 is for people who can't afford XBL" -mbudden
post #27 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Have you seen my Baseball

Rep: 29 (Unique: 27)
Never used G2A, though it sounds a lot like G2play, which I have used a couple times in the past. Now I use greenmangaming most often. Not sure how legit they are either and don't care.
post #28 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 07:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 89 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDessica View Post

I doubt this is true. The reason they more than likely
I don't use key sites but I see why they're popular. If developers both AAA and Indie Alike stopped charging retail prices for a key and data (which cost nearly nothing to host) than maybe sites like G2A could be beaten at their own game. There's no reason for a AAA game to cost 60 dollars on release considering there's no console manufacturers involved, no disc to be pressed, no retail establishments to contract with, no real employees to pay for selling your product and you truly expect to drop 60 bucks on release for a PC title?

I don't buy anything on PC unless it drops to under 20 bucks (which it does, constantly, many times cheaper.) because there's no reason for them to cost so much because publishers and developers receive MUCH higher cuts than if they we're retail. A PC developer will get the same profit at selling their game at 20 dollars (assuming they get 70% trough digital sales) because a 60 dollar game will net them 12 dollars profit after all is said and done once Best Buy/Gamestop/etc and Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo get their share. On the PC there isn't ANY of that.

It's usually steam (who pays out 80%!), gamersgate, GreenManGaming, etc and the developer. Digital PC games are a scam and many people who buy keys know there. That is why they're so popular. So until these developers stop trying to put wool over the eyes of that particular market expect the Gray Market to stay around. And I can't help but on paper support it. Because the state of digital gaming and pricing is a sham and they know it.

People will claim it's ok for a game to cost that + a $40 season pass etc because games cost more to make now than back in the day forgetting that back in the day there would be a few thousand to hundred thousand copies sold at most where as today their are millions of copies sold making way more profit than they ever did. Games could be much cheaper while letting the devs still make a massive profit but it wont happen as people will instantly pre order anything and everything. That is simply the reason for the high prices + tons of dlc, because they can.
post #29 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Skating Enthusiast

Rep: 147 (Unique: 118)
I use G2A. About a year ago I wanted 3 copies of Civ 5 for myself and the family. I could pay $200 USD from Steam (not on sale) or $30 from G2A. I went with the latter.

Kasuf
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard
MSI Tomahawk B450
GPU
ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair HX750i
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W
Monitor
LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98)
▲ hide details ▲
post #30 of 260 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 07:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 31)
bought plenty of games from G2A more than I can count, never had an issue with them.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in