[Valve] Artifact, a Dota 2 based card game, to release Nov 28, 2018 for $20 - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Valve] Artifact, a Dota 2 based card game, to release Nov 28, 2018 for $20

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 06:12 AM
Let's go Sharks!
Radiopools Level 1

As previously stated, this is Valve + Richard Garfield. This game is probably going to be fantastic.

CPU
Intel 8600K
Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 5
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
16GB G.Skill
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO II 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Black 7200
Optical Drive
Samsung DVD
Power Supply
Corsair 700
Cooling
Corsair H60
Case
NZXT Phantom
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
ASUS PB278Q
Keyboard
Corsair Vengeance K70
Mouse
Logitech G Series
Mouse
Steelseries Dota 2 Edition
Mousepad
Steelseries DOTA 2
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 06:48 AM
Retired Staff
tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by Audio View Post
This reminds me of that CSGO thread, everyone hating on the game during beta. Games going to be good guys it's valve and Richard Garfield. Pay to play model looks promising despite not knowing much ATM.

Personally, I just don't care much for that type of game (or CS:GO either or multi-player games in general).

As to the game itself, yes, it will probably be a great game in the genre, possibly even the best, because Valve brought seemingly the right people in to do it and they probably still care very much about quality and some degree of originality, after all they've always strived to make games that brought something new to the table, even if the genre itself was not new.

I'm just waiting on what else they have to show for their Source 2 engine and Vulkan support.

This year marks the 20th anniversary of their first game, which just so happens to be Half-Life, so I hope that a card game is not the only thing that they have to show in 2018. Then again, they're Valve, so they will probably do just that. Moving on to 2019 then...

Is your CPU bottlenecking your GPU ? Find out: CPU and GPU usage along with FPS in-game
Read my reviews here.
Clubs (founder): The rare / unusual CPU club
Clubs (member): Corsair Professional HX / AX Series PSU Owners Club || The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club
CPU
Core i7-3820
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
GPU
MSI GTX 1060 6 GB Gaming X
RAM
16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator
Hard Drive
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 2TB
Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc DVD-RW
Power Supply
Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold
Cooling
Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P
Case
Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Monitor
BenQ RL2455HM
Keyboard
Cooler Master Octane
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane
▲ hide details ▲

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 07:20 PM
Linux Evangelist
Jarhead is an unknown quantity at this point Jarhead is an unknown quantity at this point

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!

/kidding

I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.

If it's not coming out for the PC, it's dead to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 08:45 AM
Quad Core? Quad Damage!
XenoRad Level 1

It could have been worse.

It could have been Half Life 3 - The Card Game!

Still, I wonder: will this one have ray tracing in it? We need realistic rays on those cards.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Graphics Junkie
UltraMega Level 1

Valve is fat and useless, like its leader.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 11:16 AM
-
go4life will become famous soon enough go4life will become famous soon enough go4life will become famous soon enough go4life will become famous soon enough go4life will become famous soon enough go4life will become famous soon enough

This thread getting bumped reminded me of why I should not buy Valve games anymore.

I wanted HL3, L4D3 or a new title of value. You see Valve, I do not play card games unless located in a remote cabin without power...

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:56 AM
New to Overclock.net
Sleuth

Lots of hate in this thread,
If card games are not for you, do not complain.
I am not the biggest fan but good job on them for doing something (possibly great ?) for the fans of the genre,
Stop bad mouthing steam/valve, almost all of you use it, or have used it.
They brought out amazing games, that all of us have played/loved.

At some point they may bring out more games, if they do not that is also fine.
Atleast they haven't gone the way of most game companies (Loot box, turning IP's into **** etc etc )
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 07:00 AM
New to Overclock.net
t1337dude Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
I hope they have something substantial in the pipes. Surely all that hard work on Source 2 and Vulkan is not going to culminate in a card game.
Despite there being no official public word on it, we can only assume they have something very substantial in the pipes. We know Valve is working on something big and it's going to take a long time. If I had to guess, they are mid-way into developing Source 2 and in the earlier stages of the projects made for it. We know Valve is a business and we also know they are sitting on very valuable IP. If 2+2=4 then we can safely assume Valve will want to profit from their IP rather than squander it.

With Steam having essentially over-taken the PC games market in less than a decade, I can only imagine Valve's next big release will be massive. And as much as I dislike VR, there's a clear path right now for Valve to synergize Vive with Half-Life 3. Every big move Valve makes gives me impression they're posturing for the future. People complain about the direction of their effort but to me I've noticed Valve has been so successful because they're patient and make the right moves.

Let's take these card games for example. I don't care for them. But they're clearly nothing more than a cash cow. Compared to any other type of game they require absolutely minimal effort from the development and production side things but if they're popular then they're practically a gold-mine. I would hate to think Artifact as a game to define the direction Valve is headed, and would rather think of it as a stepping stone towards their next big project.

I really abhor this "what has Valve done for me lately?" train of thought that's pervasive in these threads. Valve doesn't really owe anyone anything. They've already done more for PC gaming than any other developer and people are really going to act like babies about it?

Last edited by t1337dude; 10-12-2018 at 07:03 AM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 07:43 AM
New to Overclock.net
Sleuth

Thank you !
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 12:16 AM
MMO Enthusiast
luisxd Level 1

so now game companies are going to flood the market with cards games, so much creativity, wow

My mods:
Corsair 300R Brushed Metal [MOD]
WoodBox [Scratch Build]
Dell Optiplex 170L 2.0 [MOD]
Old but Gold
(8 items)
CPU
QX9300
Motherboard
Dell
GPU
Nvidia Quadro FX3700M
RAM
Hynix
Hard Drive
Corsair Force 3
Case
Dell Precision M6400
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
17" WUXGA
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in