[YT] Red Dead Redemption 2 - Official Gameplay Trailer #2 - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[YT] Red Dead Redemption 2 - Official Gameplay Trailer #2

post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 11:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
No PC = no buy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 12:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 92 (Unique: 79)
Quote: Originally Posted by Baasha View Post
I bought an Xbox One X just for this game. Couldn't wait for the PC version - they haven't even announced it - since the PC version of GTA V was delayed by 18 months, I'm not waiting that long to play this. RDR was one of the best games ever; probably the last game I played on the Xbox 360 (other than GTA V).

If they do bring this out on the PC (I'm really hoping they do), it will be one of the greatest games of all time. Those panoramic views in the trailers look so amazing - imagine that in 8K!
There is a scene with two grown white males that have bad curly haircuts. They are stepbrothers and are playing a game on the count of 3, of which they found total commonality and one says, "Did we just become best friends?" to which the other responds, "yep!"

Baaaaasha, do you want to go do karate in the garage?

Yeah like a really bad song on the radio that the station keeps repeating and repeating.
In time you find yourself tapping your foot and singing along.
It's like being programed.
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 08:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 12)
I'm not a huge gamer these days (prefer mostly just Dominions 5) but Rockstar simply knows what they are doing when it comes to games. Looking forward to playing this on my Xbox One X. It's not even just about the gameplay - but it's about sharing in their passion and enthusiasm for Westerns. The homage and nods in the first RDR were fantastic. Quality western-themed movies or games are increasingly rare these days. I'm not a huge fan of Rockstar's DLC or their online components (microtransactions & such) but I still feel obligated to support RDR2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Optics Fiend

Rep: 78 (Unique: 65)

This why i wish consoles would go away. I know financially that is impractical but this is so annoying the disparity between consoles is there for this game. So for someone like me who wants to grab a PS4 for God Of War, TLOU2, and Uncharted 4 almost hates to go PS for this game. Sure don't want to spend $500 on an Xbox One X for one game. Why can't they just do a PC version? I mean you could argue they'll go the same route as GTA but they seem content with keeping the franchises separate we never got a hint at RDR for PC 8 years ago.

Green Envy
(12 items)
Purple Haze
(12 items)
CPU
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3
GPU
EVGA 780 Classified
GPU
EVGA 780 Classified
RAM
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133
Hard Drive
WD Raptor
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w M12II
Cooling
Cooler Master Glacer 240L
Case
Phantek Enthoo Pro
Operating System
Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium
Monitor
Asus VG248QE
Keyboard
Logitech G15
CPU
Ryzen R5 1600x
Motherboard
Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX
GPU
Diamond 7970
RAM
G Skill DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth
Cooling
EK-FC7970 CSQ
Cooling
Mayhems X1 UV Purple
Case
Fractal Design Define S Nano
▲ hide details ▲
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:46 AM
PC Evangelist

Rep: 1789 (Unique: 1170)
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTIPXwcDGQ

This why i wish consoles would go away. I know financially that is impractical but this is so annoying the disparity between consoles is there for this game. So for someone like me who wants to grab a PS4 for God Of War, TLOU2, and Uncharted 4 almost hates to go PS for this game. Sure don't want to spend $500 on an Xbox One X for one game. Why can't they just do a PC version? I mean you could argue they'll go the same route as GTA but they seem content with keeping the franchises separate we never got a hint at RDR for PC 8 years ago.
You get what you pay for. Xbox One suffered the same thing until Xbox One X came out. You buy PS4 for their exclusives and Xbox One X for everything else. I personally got PS4 Pro because of HZD. That is enough for me. It was $300 + $40 for the game. You have PC gamers which buy 2080 Ti and never play anything to justify the cost.

Ishimura
(13 items)
Yamato
(10 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.8GHz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
GPU
AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
RAM
AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10
Hard Drive
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
Hard Drive
Toshiba X300 5TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
Cooling
Corsair H100i GTX
Case
Fractal Design Define Nano S
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Monitor
LG OLED55C7P
Keyboard
Cooler Master MasterKeys MK750
Mouse
Finalmouse Air58 Ninja
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz
Motherboard
ASUS Z170 Deluxe
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3000 CL15
Hard Drive
Samsung SM961 512GB
Hard Drive
HGST DeskStar NAS 6TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2
Cooling
Cooler Master Nepton 280L
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C TG
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
▲ hide details ▲

post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:51 AM
Optics Fiend

Rep: 78 (Unique: 65)
Quote: Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
You get what you pay for. Xbox One suffered the same thing until Xbox One X came out. You buy PS4 for their exclusives and Xbox One X for everything else. I personally got PS4 Pro because of HZD. That is enough for me. It was $300 + $40 for the game. You have PC gamers which buy 2080 Ti and never play anything to justify the cost.
I don't disagree the PC gamers/enthusiast are killing their own market putting up with the current prices. It just furthers the divide and makes consoles seem that much more reasonable. But yeah i'm not going XBX for one game. Hell i don't even have a 4K TV and i guess i just don't keep up with consoles but i was pretty surprised by the difference across the consoles in that video. The checkerboard rendering of the PS4 pro made it look pretty terrible to me in the video. Admittedly i'll probably just stick with a PS4 cause they're cheap. It just furthers my want for PC to be unanimous, though it will never happen one can dream. Then it'd be up to me to decide the level of fidelity i'd like to run said game at, not being stuck with one version for exclusives.

Green Envy
(12 items)
Purple Haze
(12 items)
CPU
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3
GPU
EVGA 780 Classified
GPU
EVGA 780 Classified
RAM
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133
Hard Drive
WD Raptor
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w M12II
Cooling
Case
Phantek Enthoo Pro
Operating System
Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium
Monitor
Asus VG248QE
Keyboard
Logitech G15
CPU
Ryzen R5 1600x
Motherboard
Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX
GPU
Diamond 7970
RAM
G Skill DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth
Cooling
EK-FC7970 CSQ
Cooling
Mayhems X1 UV Purple
Case
Fractal Design Define S Nano
▲ hide details ▲
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 01:47 PM
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
what's the problem?

GTA V on current-gen came out in 2014

you don't like progress?

refreshed console capable of hitting almost 4K should be the main hardware to code for on a late 2018 game...then scaled down to fit on weaker PS4 and One S systems.

My bar for photo-realism is set high, and Rockstar doesn't seem like it'll deliver with this game on that front

i'm sure it'll be a superb game, but it won't be technically advanced
You have got to be blind if you can't see the quality enhancements from GTAV to red dead 2. Rockstar has pretty much always used the same engine, that they continually update and improve on. No one cried when crisis 3 came out on the same basic yet updated engine as crisis 1, no one complains that all of the battlefield games use the frostbite engine because its obviously been getting updated and improved just like every other game engine out there. Your suggestion that Rockstar, a company that holds the record for highest grossing entertainment product of all time in any category, would neglect to update their game engine in the same meaningful way as other companies is such a ridiculous and ignorant statement, it's shocking that anyone on OCN would say that and expect to be taken seriously. You clear have some kind of bias against Rockstar or GTAV or read dead or something.

On the note of a PC release, if it happens I don't think they are going to try and remaster it for next gen consoles at the same time. It being an outdoor game, adding ray tracing wouldn't add much. The lighting is already really good in the game, to justify a next gen release it would have to do more than just better lighting and higher res at this point, it would have to have all new in game assets that were much higher quality to begin with. I also think if there is a PC release, it needs to be soon or it needs to be with some noticeable and meaningful enhancements, but the game already looking so polished I cant imagine what that would be. I think there is a good chance it does not come to PC.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti

Last edited by UltraMega; 10-25-2018 at 01:53 PM.
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 08:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 60)
Quote: Originally Posted by ErOR View Post
No PC = no buy
This lol

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
"It’s not a bug in the game’s code, it’s a bug in your moral code."

post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 02:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 82 (Unique: 62)
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
crisis 3 came out on the same basic yet updated engine as crisis 1, no one complains that all of the battlefield games use the frostbite engine because its obviously been getting updated and improved just like every other game engine out there.

it's shocking that anyone on OCN would say that and expect to be taken seriously. You clear have some kind of bias against Rockstar or GTAV or read dead or something.
first of all, Rockstar is my second favourite game studio and Red Dead Redemption is my favourite game last-gen

2nd, please sincerely eat my shorts if you can't accept that others can have a different opinion/standards...sorry that my bar is set absurdly high from after playing other open world turnt 100% like FFXV 4K max'd with 1080 Ti SLI...true next-gen stuff

3rd, I forgot how Crysis 3 went (spell it right please), but I gave 2 a pass because it scaled well on consoles, and 3 was out only five years after the original. I give BF series a pass because BF3 was truly next-gen in 2011 back when we had visual garbage like Skyrim (non-modded). If BF is still using similar iteration of Frostbite by 2021, then you can bet i'll criticize that to hell.

how well a franchise sells has almost ZERO correlation to its tech (think Zelda BOTW, Angry Birds, Minecraft)

lastly, now that DF finally puts out their launch day tech analysis (not some marketing trailer like OP's video...as I said I would reserve final judgment until said video), I have to amend my statement by a bit. it's incredible they got this running native 4K on a console.

just placed my order...the hype is real and the 8 years wait might a ctually be worth it

Nvidia Surround Gaming
My PC Hardware Upgrade CyclesWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CPU: Athlon 1.3GHz | Core 2 Duo OC'd 2.0GHz | Core i5-3570K OC'd 4.8GHz
RAM: 2x256MB DDR-333MHz | 2x1GB DDR2-667MHz -> 2x2GB DDR2-800MHz | 4x4GB OC'd DDR3-2133MHz
GPU: GeForce2 MX 64MB -> Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB | Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB | GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB SLI OC'd

Last edited by twitchyzero; 10-26-2018 at 02:47 AM.
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 02:37 AM
It Just Works

I want this game, but if they don't port it to PC, it doesn't exist.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in