[YT] Red Dead Redemption 2 - Official Gameplay Trailer #2 - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[YT] Red Dead Redemption 2 - Official Gameplay Trailer #2

post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 09:26 AM
Overclocker
JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about

Rockstar and their consoles using botched up game engine, maybe we can be glad there isn't an atrocious barely running PC version. GTA5 had endless quirks too and does to this day, not being made for PC and powerful hardware really shows. Latest Fallouts had similar issue of borking on PC at higher frame rates.

Why would PC gamers pick up RDR2? So they can spend another 500 USD/EUR on a console to play a game and get hardware that is outdated compared to PC? Wouldn't it be easier to rather get/make an API wrapper and make it run on Windows or Linux? Considering Xbox is pretty much Windows and PS used to be similar to Linux. It's just a stupid lock in software to specific hardware by using console specific APIs etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 09:58 AM
4k Enthusiast
BigMack70 is an unknown quantity at this point BigMack70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Why would PC gamers pick up RDR2?
This might come as a surprise to someone who thinks it's easier to "get/make an API wrapper and make it run on Windows or Linux" than to spend $500, but some people just enjoy playing great video games.

post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 10:53 AM
To The Game
Chargeit is on a distinguished road Chargeit is on a distinguished road Chargeit is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post
Yeah i hadn't seen much 1080p footage of the vanilla consoles. Lots were of the PS4 pro and Xbox One X which obviously the Xbox One X is it for this game. PS4 Pro's issues with the checkerboard rendering was terrible to me least watching it on videos. I mean i don't have a 4k TV or a console but am probably picking up a PS4 soon for this, God Of War, Uncharted 4, and TLOU II.
Yeah I ended up canceling my ps4 pro and going with an xbone x. Deciding factors for me was the raw power of the x compared to the pro, controller and the 4k blu-ray player. Might pick up a pro sooner or later though it's looking like the ps5 could be here in the next year or two. Guessing with the slack sony and MS have caught over backwards compatibility you'll be able to play ps4 games on the ps5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 12:03 PM
Optics Fiend
Blackops_2 Level 1

Was looking into the PS5 last night i wish they'd announce specs. Certainly don't wanna wait that long to play RDR2 or the other PS4 games so going to jump on a PS4 on sale.

Green Envy
(12 items)
Purple Haze
(12 items)
CPU
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3
GPU
EVGA 780 Classified
GPU
EVGA 780 Classified
RAM
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133
Hard Drive
WD Raptor
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w M12II
Cooling
Cooler Master Glacer 240L
Case
Phantek Enthoo Pro
Operating System
Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium
Monitor
Asus VG248QE
Keyboard
Logitech G15
CPU
Ryzen R5 1600x
Motherboard
Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX
GPU
Diamond 7970
RAM
G Skill DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Cooler Master Glacer 240L
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth
Cooling
EK-FC7970 CSQ
Cooling
Mayhems X1 UV Purple
Case
Fractal Design Define S Nano
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in