[YT] Star Citizen Full CitizenCon 2018 Presentation (4K) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[YT] Star Citizen Full CitizenCon 2018 Presentation (4K)

post #11 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 09:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
CitizenCon? Calling it a con actually seems pretty accurate.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 10:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 82 (Unique: 62)
I remember back in 2012 wondering if my gtx 670 sli will run this game LOL

Nvidia Surround Gaming
My PC Hardware Upgrade CyclesWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CPU: Athlon 1.3GHz | Core 2 Duo OC'd 2.0GHz | Core i5-3570K OC'd 4.8GHz
RAM: 2x256MB DDR-333MHz | 2x1GB DDR2-667MHz -> 2x2GB DDR2-800MHz | 4x4GB OC'd DDR3-2133MHz
GPU: GeForce2 MX 64MB -> Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB | Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB | GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB SLI OC'd
post #13 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 10:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 133 (Unique: 84)

I've submitted my interest in the Kraken.
Chances are the day this sale goes live the crowdfunding counter will shoot past $200,000,000.

The reason I don't have an Idris is I doubt I'll ever have the resources to actually have "fun" with a ship that size, but this at least appears to be more focused on the possibility of private ownership.
Where an Idris would probably just be a burden, the Kraken looks more like something half a dozen people could be comfortable playing around in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 09:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 96 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Is this Star Citizens' version of "can it play Crysis?"

No, there is no 'release' date for this. Forever in development it definitely the plan, and they have said as much. That doesn't mean that there will never be a game but if you are looking to simply pick it up and play a finished game you should not look at Star Citizen. They will only stop development when they stop making money (hoping to be like WoW). Squadron 42 will probably be released at some point but CIG never talks about dates anymore.

It is still early days but Star Citizen is starting to actually be playable, wait a few years and we will have a real game.
This makes absolutely zero sense. Trying to say WoW is in development hell like Star Citizens is an outright lie.
If they do what you say than you are actively defending a huge scam.

post #15 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 10:49 AM
AMD Fanboy Using Nvidia

Rep: 18 (Unique: 17)
God, at this point make it a freaking tv series. That's all this game is to me at this point, waiting for the next episode of promises. In the beginning I had hope but I feel like the game will never live its massive short coming down, which is how long its been in development and now we have big name actors recruited to keep the ponzy scheme going... I HAD A i7 930/5850 RIG WHEN THIS CRAP WAS ANNOUNCED TO BE IN DEVELOPMENT. WHEN WILL IT COME OUT?!
post #16 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 12:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Yeah, LOL at all the people who built rigs specifically for Star Citizen like 3 years ago.
post #17 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 01:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 452 (Unique: 373)
Quote: Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
I do not think a game can go in development for this long.
They will so long as their scheme. The idiots supporting this gave them over a million in like 3 days.
post #18 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 02:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
The people who pledged in the initial campaign weren't idiots. I don't think it's fair to blame them. They knew it was at least a couple years off at that point and were pledging accordingly.

The idiots were the people who continued to buy more and more imaginary content from them years later, well after they had blown past even the most conservative estimates for release dates from the initial campaign. This is what has enabled the feature/content bloat. They should have locked down the features and content soon after the initial campaign, but instead turned it into a scheme to turn the development of the game into a revenue stream by monetizing theoretical content in a game which doesn't exist yet. They wildly succeeded at this, effectively generating enough revenue from ship sales to fund the studio indefinitely even if there is never a proper release. The only thing that can stop this cycle is if enough people stop buying their new crap and demand a non-alpha/beta release or their money back.
post #19 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 02:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 70)
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
I think there is a decent chance that Squadron 42 will actually be delivered playable. It will not have any open ended features and it's doubtful that the gameplay is even the slightest bit different from Wing Commander or Star Lancer. So no first person shooting. Maybe a multi-player dogfight mode, but probably not enough money to do a co-op mode. And that loan taken out is going to have to be repayed somehow, so it's doubtful the game sales will fund enough to get the MMO portion working.
I agree CR needs a bit of reigning in, but there most definitely will be first person shooter mechanics. They didn't develop Star Marine to be just a Crysis tdm demo. The multiplayer will probably be a separate mode, S42 looked like just a campaign 'mode'.

Honestly this and bunch of recent things keeps coming back to chicken egg mentality. A lotta people want to see both chicken and egg working, but it doesn't matter because they couldn't afford either therefore they're bad products.

The Dangers of WEP (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3930K go_quote.gif

Holy crap you were using the epitome of unsafeness WEP? That's like using a few pieces of toilet roll as a wall against a nuke. Not good enough.
People and 60Hz (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallsignVega go_quote.gif

People are still going on about this 60 Hz vs whatever stuff? lol

I'd like to see a guy show up with a 60 Hz IPS panel at a quake tourney and play against the guys with 160 Hz CRT's. He would get utterly destroyed. I can't even use 60 Hz monitors non-desktop anymore, makes baby jesus cry.
post #20 of 89 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 03:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 133 (Unique: 84)
Quote: Originally Posted by Assirra View Post
This makes absolutely zero sense. Trying to say WoW is in development hell like Star Citizens is an outright lie.
If they do what you say than you are actively defending a huge scam.
Arena Commander has been playable for years.
This has never been vaporware or any kind of scam, they deliver user accessible content to end users regularly.
The big problem is the best experience requires 32GB of RAM, but reportedly 3.3 will fix that and the game should become much more accessible by the end of the year.

Quote: Originally Posted by tostitobandito View Post
Yeah, LOL at all the people who built rigs specifically for Star Citizen like 3 years ago.
Well at least anyone who upgraded to 32GB RAM would have got a good deal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in